Noor8888

US Embassy in Turkey

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Noor8888 said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know if the US embassy in Turkey resumed scheduling or rescheduling  immigrant visa interviews????

Hi I got DQed on June 18 and still waiting for a interview date in Ankara embassy. I keep checking their website and Facebook but still no word of them being open and conducting interviews. Turkey has opened up their borders and still in phase one of opening so I don’t know when will the embassy be open. I sent email to embassy and got a generic message stating “Suspended all services except mission critical services and emergency appointment” I do not know what that includes but hoping they will open soon and continue interviews soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No one here in VJ has posted there is an interview/ if all keep up with their timelines,  the portal page for turkey will show upcoming interview appointments on the right 

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good news :)

https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Resuming Limited Routine Services

• Spouses of US Citizens (IR1-CR1 Applicants)
  • Minor children of U.S. Citizens (IR2/CR2 applicants)
  • Adoptions (IR4 applicants)
  • Certain Special Immigrant Visa applicants (SI and SQ applicants)
  • Boarding foil applications for LPRs with lost or stolen green cards
  • Fiancée visas (K-1 applicants)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
23 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Good news :)

https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Resuming Limited Routine Services

• Spouses of US Citizens (IR1-CR1 Applicants)
  • Minor children of U.S. Citizens (IR2/CR2 applicants)
  • Adoptions (IR4 applicants)
  • Certain Special Immigrant Visa applicants (SI and SQ applicants)
  • Boarding foil applications for LPRs with lost or stolen green cards
  • Fiancée visas (K-1 applicants)

only for Turkish citizen 😢 GOOD LUCJ GUYS PRAY FOR US

Edited by yusef94

Timeline
2 hours ago, yusef94 said:

only for Turkish citizen 😢 GOOD LUCJ GUYS PRAY FOR US

And Turkish residents too, so if you have a kimlik there is no problem

Timeline
12 hours ago, SanaRah33m said:

So they are not doing any visas for non Turkish residents ??? 

Could u pls finish ur timeline so we can help u better

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 2:22 AM, RoseMalaysia said:

Could u pls finish ur timeline so we can help u better

I've been a Turkish resident for 4-5 years. On November 2020, I renewed my residency but I have not received my new permit yet. Is it possible to still have my interview, or will this create an issue? (I have already gotten DQ on September 1st, 2020).

Timeline
On 1/25/2021 at 4:20 PM, mrsasmaolarte said:

I've been a Turkish resident for 4-5 years. On November 2020, I renewed my residency but I have not received my new permit yet. Is it possible to still have my interview, or will this create an issue? (I have already gotten DQ on September 1st, 2020).

I'm in the same boat as you, I have submitted my residency renewal application and haven't heard back from them.  I went to my embassy interview (Jan 14) and haven't had any issue.

2 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

I'm in the same boat as you, I have submitted my residency renewal application and haven't heard back from them.  I went to my embassy interview (Jan 14) and haven't had any issue.

That's so good to read, and congrats on your successful interview! My DQ was on September 1, 2020, and I still haven't gotten my interview - I even sent inquiries to the embassy but never heard back from them. Did you get an expedite for your interview? I tried but was rejected unfortunately.

Timeline
11 hours ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

That's so good to read, and congrats on your successful interview! My DQ was on September 1, 2020, and I still haven't gotten my interview - I even sent inquiries to the embassy but never heard back from them. Did you get an expedite for your interview? I tried but was rejected unfortunately.

No, I haven't requested an expedited interview

I just have found out that the US embassy in Ankara started processing K1 visa (my application was sitting there since July 2020) so I scheduled an appointment (through a link on their website) and went to my interview, that simple

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
20 hours ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

If you applied within Turkey your application is almost near to be reviewed 

because they're working on those who filed from Ankara embassy, so they already know you are a resident.

My case so do many others, is different because we filed from different countries ( my case was filed in Iraq) then transferred to Ankara because US embassy in Baghdad was closed. You guys have the highest priority so no worries. I know a friend who lives in Turkey was DQ'd on may 17th 2020 and just got his IR1 visa  interview schedule for next month Feb 2021

They are working on those who filed before you so just wait. wish you the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.