57 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Figured I'd start this for any other May 2020 filers. As most have reported I'm still in Case Received for I-485 and I-130, and Fingerprint Fee Received for I-765. Very much hoping to see "Fingerprints were taken" from old biometrics but not sure that seems very likely. Beginning to get moderately nervous with the slowdowns/ASC closures/potential furlough as my visa runs out end of January 2021.

Anyone from this timeframe seen any updates yet?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We received a RFIE alert through egov's alert system today, precisely at the stroke of midnight EDT. The notice is dated 7 July 2020. I have a few ideas of what it could be (perhaps that the birth certificate quality is awful since the city official used a cell phone camera and printer to copy it. Yes, it had a nice red official Chinese city government stamp on the copy...). Our I-485 was delivered 3 June 2020.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they've already looked at our application at the NBC, though dismayed since a RFIE will delay processing.... I expect to get the paper notice Friday or Saturday.

The myUSCIS website doesn't mention the RFIE. It seems to never get any updates. We can't authenticate on it with an A number since we don't have a DOS case ID (non-immigrant visa).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, pigrew said:

We received a RFIE alert through egov's alert system today, precisely at the stroke of midnight EDT. The notice is dated 7 July 2020. I have a few ideas of what it could be (perhaps that the birth certificate quality is awful since the city official used a cell phone camera and printer to copy it. Yes, it had a nice red official Chinese city government stamp on the copy...). Our I-485 was delivered 3 June 2020.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they've already looked at our application at the NBC, though dismayed since a RFIE will delay processing.... I expect to get the paper notice Friday or Saturday.

The myUSCIS website doesn't mention the RFIE. It seems to never get any updates. We can't authenticate on it with an A number since we don't have a DOS case ID (non-immigrant visa).

I got this RFE for something I sent and it's taking so long for them to update, it says to wait 60 days and sure they do use those 60 days.

Hope yours, even after the RFIE goes quick with the updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, Rearviewmirror said:

Hi all,

Figured I'd start this for any other May 2020 filers. As most have reported I'm still in Case Received for I-485 and I-130, and Fingerprint Fee Received for I-765. Very much hoping to see "Fingerprints were taken" from old biometrics but not sure that seems very likely. Beginning to get moderately nervous with the slowdowns/ASC closures/potential furlough as my visa runs out end of January 2021.

Anyone from this timeframe seen any updates 

It has been 45 days already since I received  my NOA1, no further update so far...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 12:39 AM, pigrew said:

Yep, we sent the "wrong" birth record.

We got our RFIE notice Saturday (11 July). The envelope doesn't have a postmark, but it was electronically stamped on 8 July, the day after the SMS notice... It's on bright yellow paper (two pages).

We sent the wrong "birth certificate" document. We sent a copy of primary evidence, which was the form that the hospital had completed and submitted to the police (in mainland China). Instead, USCIS wants a document asserting the birth, written by the local government nortary (公证书) that has a format somewhat more standardized across China. It'll take a few days to get family to have the documents created. We have to submit a photograph (they don't care what dimensions, stating that it should be the format the USA wants to see on the document), a copy of a Chinese citizen ID card (which expires soon), written permission for a 3rd party to get the receive the document, and a copy of the primary birth evidence. We've submitted the documentation request, and expect it to be completed within two weeks. The copy will have an English translation already, but the statement that it's a true/complete copy isn't in the format USCIS wants. Our plan is to append an extra sheet asserting that the translation is true/complete and we know English and Chinese.

We have 87 days says the letter, or perhaps more because of COVID-leniency,but I'm guessing no EAD or AP will be issued until we submit the response. I'm thinking that this will cause quite a bit of delay in our case processing, assuming that USCIS furloughs happen. It is a bit of a relief that this was the only issue, and there is a clear path forward. We will give them {a signed cover letter, copy of the documents they sent, a copy of the Chinese records (with the 公证书's English translation), and a document asserting that the 公证书's translation is true/complete}. We will NOT submit the I-693 at this time, since it wasn't requested in the RFIE notice.

I'm attaching the letter they sent, in case anyone is interested.

(This AoS forum seems pretty quiet... the K1/K2 adjustment are is so much more active...)

p1_redacted.png

p2_redacted.png

Alright 57 days and counting since NOA... Hoping this'll be the week for biometrics appointment NOA to show up now my ASC is open again...

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Alright 57 days and counting since NOA... Hoping this'll be the week for biometrics appointment NOA to show up now my ASC is open again...

I am going through similar timelines ... fingers crossed 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my informed delivery digest today and have a letter coming from USCIS National Benefits Center. Very much hoping it's a biometrics appointment.

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Got my informed delivery digest today and have a letter coming from USCIS National Benefits Center. Very much hoping it's a biometrics appointment.

Do let us know the details...

As I had hoped I got a biometrics appointment letter today - notice date was July 18, and my appointment is August 5 (for Alexandria, VA ASC). To be very clear - I did not have an appointment pre-COVID, this is my first appointment.

Weirdly they sent me two notices - one has only a barcode for I-485, the second has a barcode for both I-485 and I-765.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

As I had hoped I got a biometrics appointment letter today - notice date was July 18, and my appointment is August 5 (for Alexandria, VA ASC). To be very clear - I did not have an appointment pre-COVID, this is my first appointment.

Weirdly they sent me two notices - one has only a barcode for I-485, the second has a barcode for both I-485 and 

Great news... 

4 minutes ago, ParulAbhay said:

Great news... 

Thank you! For additional context, my ASC reopened July 13th.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

Removal of Conditions:

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How is it possible that somebody that filed in June already have their biometrics appt and most of us nothing? It's insane how USCIS is working now.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

F1 filling from Alaska. My rough timeline so far.

I sent my AOS packet in mid May, received the notice of receipt about a week later. Similar to Rearviewmirror, 06/08 I received an RFIE over my birth certificate. Fortunately, did not take me long to get the required document. I sent the reply on 06/30.

Around mid July, received an I-693 deficiency notice (dated 07/08)... had to come on here and learn that it was just a courtesy reminder that I need to do the medicals at some point.

08/03 - I received the notice for biometric appointment (dated July 28). Biometric will be next week barring any unforeseen circumstances.

What do you guys think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.