Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 9:33 AM, MysticGirl said:

Finally!!! I can do the happy dance...🎊🎈🎉...We passed, or should I say he passed.

Update: He started early so we did a quick video chat right before he got in. He was there 30minutes early. There seemed to be only few people at first but then more people showed up later. 

Anyway, the person interviewing him asked him few questions regarding our relationship etc. and then went on to ask why he needs to be in US urgently. The whole process took less than 2 hours and he was approved. They will be sending his passport and other documents to the location we picked for the courier. Phewww glad this mess is over. Now we can book a ✈️

As for talking to others to get an idea of people’s statuses, he said it was nearly impossible because of the restrictions placed forward for social distancing. He did talk to some few folks who left the embassy the same time as he did but they were non-immigrant visa with an emergency to fly out for medical reasons. 

Congratulations 👏👏

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Newbie here :)

Great forum for updates you got here. Wishing you all guys nothing but the best at the end of this rollercoaster process. Just submitted my Civil and Financial docs to NVC for my F2B Visa, awaiting DQ date....Sigh! 

Most of your comments give me hope, because thats what i must cling on through this torturous process. Hoping to provide and receive more updates from y'all. Stay strong 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

On 4/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, shu josh said:

Quick update. I got to the US 04/23. POE was smooth. Waiting for green card and SSN hopefully it won't be long. Praying for everyone still in this process. Keep hope alive, you're almost there. God bless.

Hi Shu Josh,

Quick question on this one. Did you get your A-number after receiving the IV package? And did you apply for the green card while in Kenya or after coming to US?

Timeline
4 hours ago, MysticGirl said:

Hi Shu Josh,

Quick question on this one. Did you get your A-number after receiving the IV package? And did you apply for the green card while in Kenya or after coming to US?

If you look at the letter you got from NVC with your interview date, it should have the A number listed at the bottom. For when you can pay the immigrant fee, you can do it after you get here. The immigrant fee is just to get the plastic card. It doesn't affect whether are a green card holder.

Timeline
5 hours ago, MysticGirl said:

Hi Shu Josh,

Hi there. @retheem answered correct. I applied for the green card before coming here.

2 hours ago, retheem said:

If you look at the letter you got from NVC with your interview date, it should have the A number listed at the bottom. For when you can pay the immigrant fee, you can do it after you get here. The immigrant fee is just to get the plastic card. It doesn't affect whether are a green card holder.

Asanteni nyote. Imagine I didn’t look so nitamuuliza acheki again. He is flying out this weekend. Thank you all. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
19 minutes ago, babito said:

Good Morning,

It is my pleasure to update you all that a few minutes ago (10:44am EST - 17th June) we got our interview date for 7th July (SABA SABA 🤣).

Our DQ date was 4th April 2020 (441 days today). We will update you on our journey...

Good good. Now prepare for the interview like you are preparing for KCSE

Timeline
1 hour ago, babito said:

Good Morning,

It is my pleasure to update you all that a few minutes ago (10:44am EST - 17th June) we got our interview date for 7th July (SABA SABA 🤣).

Our DQ date was 4th April 2020 (441 days today). We will update you on our journey...

Yaay!! Had my fingers crossed for you. Thanks so much for sharing. And wishing you the best!! 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, babito said:

Good Morning,

All the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.