dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JenIE said:

Interesting...I just downloaded it to see. I'm on a Mac and when I tried to type into it in Preview, a message popped up saying that the original document can't be changed, so a copy was created. I'm able to edit the copy.

Aww. Would you please send it to me here the copy ?

30 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I wasn't 100% sure if ALL the interviews were expedite -- the spreadsheet sometimes doesn't seem to have the complete picture for everyone. Regardless though, many embassies are not even doing expedited cases at the moment. Based on the UK Embassy website, it at least seems like if they aren't already doing any normal processing, they will next week.

I had also looked on this timeline to see if everyone with UK interview dates had been expedited, but it's also hard to tell:
https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=United+Kingdom&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

That is a LOT of August Interviews-- I cannot imagine they are *all* expedite since London has historically been a bit stricter than some of the other embassies. I bet a lot of them were regular reschedules from March (which is GREAT news). We are a June 16 DQ so awhile to go but if they are clearing out the backlog now I have no complaints. 

1 minute ago, shallot343 said:

That is a LOT of August Interviews-- I cannot imagine they are *all* expedite since London has historically been a bit stricter than some of the other embassies. I bet a lot of them were regular reschedules from March (which is GREAT news). We are a June 16 DQ so awhile to go but if they are clearing out the backlog now I have no complaints. 

We’re April 29th DQ with Expedite once they resume

so hoping to hear soon

or come Monday I might just email NVc and give them a nudge 

6 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I just checked and unfortunately all 6 August dates are either expedited or were Direct Consular Filers which means they book their own interview appointment online

I assume this means NVC will start booking as of July 27th because London embassy website said they’d be resuming services from that date.

Hopefully that list of interview dates goes up a lot on Monday! 

Edited by hannahjsf

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I just checked and unfortunately all 6 August dates are either expedited or were Direct Consular Filers which means they book their own interview appointment online

I assume this means NVC will start booking as of July 27th because London embassy website said they’d be resuming services from that date.

Hopefully that list of interview dates goes up a lot on Monday! 

Thanks for the clarification! Based on the website I'd definitely agree that you might start to see some movement on July 27th! I certainly hope so! I also hope their Irish neighbors follow suit soon. :)

1 minute ago, JenIE said:

Thanks for the clarification! Based on the website I'd definitely agree that you might start to see some movement on July 27th! I certainly hope so! I also hope their Irish neighbors follow suit soon. :)

Yeah at first I thought that it meant they’d be giving people appointments for as early as the 27th. Maybe it was just wishful thinking for my VJ brothers and sisters.

I definitely expect to see that number increase on Monday. I wonder how fast they’ll get through the backlog considering many other visa types are on hold for the foreseeable future and they should (in theory) have more time to process spouse and children visas

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Yeah at first I thought that it meant they’d be giving people appointments for as early as the 27th. Maybe it was just wishful thinking for my VJ brothers and sisters.

I definitely expect to see that number increase on Monday. I wonder how fast they’ll get through the backlog considering many other visa types are on hold for the foreseeable future and they should (in theory) have more time to process spouse and children visas

I'd think they will process the spousal visas much faster than normal if they aren't focusing on the other types. Although, I suppose that also depends on if their office is back to work at 100% capacity, and I'd also imagine that fewer interviews happen per day for social distancing, although on the good side of this all the interview updates we've seen indicate that it goes REALLY quick!

6 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I thought they should clear it quickly but I would imagine it would depend on if the other COs who do the other visas need training to help out

guess the next day to really see anything would be mom/Tuesday 

in the meantime my husband’s trying to fly over asapover ASAP

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

I thought they should clear it quickly but I would imagine it would depend on if the other COs who do the other visas need training to help out

guess the next day to really see anything would be mom/Tuesday 

in the meantime my husband’s trying to fly over asapover ASAP

Mon/Tues should hopefully be an exciting day for a lot of people -- hopefully you as well -- I see that you've been waiting for quite awhile! 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi guys

Any one having interviews in Dublin Ireland ? I got my documents DQd on the 26th of May and now been waiting for 2 months. I called NVC today and they told me I am on waiting list. Any idea how long it takes to get an interview?

23 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I'd think they will process the spousal visas much faster than normal if they aren't focusing on the other types. Although, I suppose that also depends on if their office is back to work at 100% capacity, and I'd also imagine that fewer interviews happen per day for social distancing, although on the good side of this all the interview updates we've seen indicate that it goes REALLY quick!

My only concern is the student visas (there are usually like, 1500 of them every June!) but I don't mind if they blow through them really quickly in August (they have to since Uni is starting!). After that I know they will get to the immediate family and hopefully K-1

8 minutes ago, shankskaunda@yaho said:

Hi guys

Any one having interviews in Dublin Ireland ? I got my documents DQd on the 26th of May and now been waiting for 2 months. I called NVC today and they told me I am on waiting list. Any idea how long it takes to get an interview?

It will be sent in time/date order of DQ once Dublin resume spousal visa processing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.