dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
36 minutes ago, NYCBLR said:

Dear VJ family, I want to share the happy news with you guys!!!

After 700+ days from filling the paper work to til date, I finally received my passport with visa today!! yeaaaaaa.

(I didn't receive any sealed envelope or package, maybe because my medical was submitted online)

This site truly helped me a lot...I was able to research and find so much information on this site and I appreciate it. 

Great news! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I'm DQ since 20 june, today I checked my status and they say " AT NVC, please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete." But my documents are qualified (I have emails telling me that my documents are qualified and that they will prepare an appointment for me). 

Will my statue change until my documents are at the embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello everyone. Can somebody explain what this mean? Yesterday we got a letter that our expedite request was accepted. But last night we got strange letter about canceled our interview. We didn’t get date and time of our interview yet. Thank you very much for help 🙏🏼

277C81B5-DF81-4F17-B0CE-9F9B2A6D670B.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

Hello everyone. Can somebody explain what this mean? Yesterday we got a letter that our expedite request was accepted. But last night we got strange letter about canceled our interview. We didn’t get date and time of our interview yet. Thank you very much for help 🙏🏼

277C81B5-DF81-4F17-B0CE-9F9B2A6D670B.jpeg

Someone kindly explained this for me yesterday

If you get an expedite the interview is arranged with the embassy rather than NVC. So the NVC system automatically cancels any existing appointments that you may or may not have had booked and sends this email notifying you. You still get this email even if you didn’t have a previous date because it’s automatically done. I got mine 30 mins before I got the expedite approval email lol

Edited by hannahjsf

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCBLR said:

Thanks! Hope you get your passport soon as well. 

Thanks! Just got a call from the clinic and learnt that my medical report will be sent to US Consulate latest by next Wed. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Someone kindly explained this for me yesterday

If you get an expedite the interview is arranged with the embassy rather than NVC. So the NVC system automatically cancels any existing appointments that you may or may not have had booked and sends this email notifying you. You still get this email even if you didn’t have a previous date because it’s automatically done. I got mine 30 mins before I got the expedite approval email lol

Ahhh thank you very much! 🙏🏼 So it’s mean we still good?) and embassy will contact us later? Just first we got approval expedite request than this strange letter 🤦‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

Ahhh thank you very much! 🙏🏼 So it’s mean we still good?) and embassy will contact us later? Just first we got approval expedite request than this strange letter 🤦‍♀️

Yeah you're all good. From what I've seen everyone who got an approved expedite during this embassy closure got that email too. If it helps reassure you I got that weird email and when I checked the case tracker yesterday evening it said my case was "in transit", so it's headed to my embassy now.

Some people say the embassy will contact you to arrange but just in case I'd recommend tracking your case and contacting the embassy yourself. You can track your case here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV 

Once your status shows as "ready" it means the embassy have received it, and that's when I plan to contact them myself to avoid delays.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Timeline
7 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Yeah you're all good. From what I've seen everyone who got an approved expedite during this embassy closure got that email too. If it helps reassure you I got that weird email and when I checked the case tracker yesterday evening it said my case was "in transit", so it's headed to my embassy now.

Some people say the embassy will contact you to arrange but just in case I'd recommend tracking your case and contacting the embassy yourself. You can track your case here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV 

Once your status shows as "ready" it means the embassy have received it, and that's when I plan to contact them myself to avoid delays.

Thank you 🙏🏼 

11 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey I wanted to ask when did you receive this message? I was looking at the date of this message on the US embassy page for Guatemala and it's a message from March 16th originally.

I got the email on July 15 with the updates, but I am going to call them today and see what information I get from NVC

23 hours ago, delawhere said:

We submitted our expedite before DQ but had it approved the day after we got our DQ notice from the NVC. We got so many emails in the span of one week that it was hard to keep everything straight! 
no problem at all, I typically update my timeline right away. My husband is calling the embassy tomorrow to see if he can get more information about scheduling, he wants to have it in writing what he’s expected to do. I’ve only ever heard of the embassy emailing but I’ll keep ya posted! 

also, you’ll probably get an email In the next few days saying that your interview with the nvc was “cancelled” - this is normal and I don’t want you panicking like I did! This happens for expedited cases because they have to clear out any interviews that may or may not be scheduled so that you can book your own ☺️

What was your reason for expedite?

23 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

nvcexpedite@state.gov

I emailed Monday July 6th in the afternoon. They replied to say they were reviewing it on Friday, July 10th. Then I got the approval email 4AM today (BST). So just under 10 days total.

What is your interview date?

23 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello all.

We just received our interview date.  Kyiv, Aug 28.   They must have read my mind - I was going to inquire next week about our case.  

Wish everyone here the same luck we had with the relatively quick processing and the opening of your respective embassies.

Fingers crossed that the interview doesn't get cancelled or postponed.

Lol, even UKRAINE starts to schedule the interview dates, and RUSSIA is silent..... 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.