hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, jean Baptiste A said:

how did it go with you filing with a dependent? if you don't mind sharing, i would like to know if you file a separate I751 for your k2? and how the fees go? did you send one big check for all of you or each one's check separate.

I have a k2 as well and we received our GC together the same day. 

Thanks.

I have one dependent child and I did not file a separate i751, I just added my child's details where it asked if there is a dependent child filling at the same time as you. And for the fees, you can use this link https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator 

I paid $765 in total for us both, $170 for bio-metrics and $595 for filling fee, there will be an extra $85 fee for extra dependent child. 

I hope this helps.

Edited by Asakelove

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

1 minute ago, Asakelove said:

I have one dependent child and I did not file a separate i751, I just added my child's details where it asked if there is a dependent child filling at the same time as you. And for the fees, you can use this link https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator 

I paid $765 in total for us both, $170 for bio-metrics and $595 for filling fee, there will be an extra $85 fee for extra dependent child. 

I hope this helps.

sounds good I filed one petition including my k2. it got accepted so waiting now to hear about biometrics

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 9:17 PM, Asakelove said:

I hope this helps.

hello there i have another question if you do not mind. did your fingerprint got waived? if so, was it the same situation for your child or do they request fingerprint for the k2 again? we did it together for the AOS. i can see some people getting waived and i was wondering if kids get waived as well.

9 minutes ago, jean Baptiste A said:

Hello there. anybody know if fingerprint is waived for kids?  or will they need a new one for the R.O.C. what is the process like for them?

thanks

I just got my fingerprints done in September. They dont require minors to do fingerprints.

Edited by Sneakerpimpz21

1 minute ago, jean Baptiste A said:

for A.O.S my K2 who is a minor was required to fingerprint, and we did so. i guess well see this time

I have a dependent child who came here to the US with me. We came here on CR1 and CR2 status. I filed my I-751 and filled out the form with my dependent's info on it.  We both received our extension letters in August. I received the notice to do fingerprints in September but it was only for me and not for my dependent. I called USCIS and asked them if they need my son's fingerprints done too and was told they dont require minors to do fingerprints most of the time. If they need his fingerprints done, a separate letter would be sent out to us (in that case we didnt receive any).

I went to my fingerprints appointment and they didnt ask for my son.

4 minutes ago, Sneakerpimpz21 said:

I have a dependent child who came here to the US with me. We came here on CR1 and CR2 status. I filed my I-751 and filled out the form with my dependent's info on it.  We both received our extension letters in August. I received the notice to do fingerprints in September but it was only for me and not for my dependent. I called USCIS and asked them if they need my son's fingerprints done too and was told they dont require minors to do fingerprints most of the time. If they need his fingerprints done, a separate letter would be sent out to us (in that case we didnt receive any).

I went to my fingerprints appointment and they didnt ask for my son.

That's great

Has anyone else had their petition transferred for processing? 

I submitted to the TX center in July. All received, fingerprints applied, then nothing until today --

"On October 21, 2020, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I know, I know - the letter will explain why this has happened. But I wondered if anyone had insight in the meantime as to what this might mean so I don't spend the next couple of weeks anxiously waiting. TIA!

1 hour ago, Rose_3001 said:

Has anyone else had their petition transferred for processing? 

I submitted to the TX center in July. All received, fingerprints applied, then nothing until today --

"On October 21, 2020, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXX, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I know, I know - the letter will explain why this has happened. But I wondered if anyone had insight in the meantime as to what this might mean so I don't spend the next couple of weeks anxiously waiting. TIA!

I got exact the same message today. I believe it is the workload transfer due to too many applications

37 minutes ago, raymondccc said:

I got exact the same message today. I believe it is the workload transfer due to too many applications

Thank you! Hopefully if there are a bunch of us this is the only reason, rather than something to be concerned about. 

56 minutes ago, Dachis said:

Can i travel abroad  with extension letter(GC EXPIRED) while ROC in process? 

Yes. Carry the expired GC with the extension letter: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2019-Mar/2019 Carrier Information Guide - ENGLISH.pdf "A conditional resident with an expired resident card (with a two-year expiration date) may be boarded if also in possession of a Notice of Action (Form I-797). The form extends the validity of the card for a specified length of time"

My case is showing as transferred to local office today. Anybody knows what is the difference between being processed at the local office vs the service center? I am filing at SRC

Edited by raymondccc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.