Y.D and S.D

Can i change my signature?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi! I just got RFE for my AOS submission, it was about birth certificate (no surprise about it)

The question is, i just wanna add my new signature with my new last name at my cover letter, but my original AOS submission it was sign by my old signature (without my new last name) so is that all right if i started using my new signature just now and forward? Before i get my GC, driver license, bank account and so on.  

My old signature it doesn't even related to my name looks more like a scribble :'), thats why i wanna started a new one clearly saying my name and my new last name as my signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yustine said:

Hi! I just got RFE for my AOS submission, it was about birth certificate (no surprise about it)

The question is, i just wanna add my new signature with my new last name at my cover letter, but my original AOS submission it was sign by my old signature (without my new last name) so is that all right if i started using my new signature just now and forward? Before i get my GC, driver license, bank account and so on.  

My old signature it doesn't even related to my name looks more like a scribble :'), thats why i wanna started a new one clearly saying my name and my new last name as my signature.

Your signature is your personal "mark"  You can sign as you wish

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

If you filed your AOS in your married name why did you sign it with your maiden name?

Yah that was my mistakes, and my maiden signature just like a scribble. But everything i sumbitted was already under my married name. Just the signature that i forgot to change. 

12 hours ago, payxibka said:

Your signature is your personal "mark"  You can sign as you wish

Thank God. Thanks for the reply 💛

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/28/2020 at 7:51 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

If you filed your AOS in your married name why did you sign it with your maiden name?

Unlike in the US, in Indonesia one's signature does not necessarily legible as or even resemble one's name. Hence OP said her signature is merely a "scribble". Us, Indonesian, basically experimented during primary school on how to create the coolest signature because at the end of Primary School we would have to sign our Diploma. 

Also, OP why bother changing your signature, keep the old one and make your life simple. My advice is just to streamline everything to avoid unnecessary hassle. So what if your signature does not follow the US norm, keep it simple. But do as you wish. Take care. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, J/G said:

Unlike in the US, in Indonesia one's signature does not necessarily legible as or even resemble one's name. Hence OP said her signature is merely a "scribble". Us, Indonesian, basically experimented during primary school on how to create the coolest signature because at the end of Primary School we would have to sign our Diploma. 

Also, OP why bother changing your signature, keep the old one and make your life simple. My advice is just to streamline everything to avoid unnecessary hassle. So what if your signature does not follow the US norm, keep it simple. But do as you wish. Take care. 

Oh God i already submitted my RFE with new signature hahaha. I always overthinking over stuff 😭. So why should i do now? On interview/biometric should i give any signature again? Or just do fingerprints there 🤔 i haven't look up about it. This covid pandemic slowing us down, makes my brain kinda sleep now 🙃.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yustine said:

Oh God i already submitted my RFE with new signature hahaha. I always overthinking over stuff 😭. So why should i do now? On interview/biometric should i give any signature again? Or just do fingerprints there 🤔 i haven't look up about it. This covid pandemic slowing us down, makes my brain kinda sleep now 🙃.

Stop overthinking 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.