AmericanNomad

When can I travel to the Philippines again?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AmericanNomad said:

Is there any options for US citizens to travel to the Philippines right now? My girlfriend lives there and we would like to see eachother.

Nope.  All visas have been and continue to be cancelled.   

Diplomats and foreign spouses of Filipinos are exempt

YMMV

Only American they are letting in other than diplomats is spouse, children or step children of PI citizens, you you must be in with them to enter the country.  That is the latest news I have.

I know once you get there you have a 14 days quarantine in Manila as well. 

They quit issuing tourist visa upon arrival many months ago.  That is the latest news I have found, I have been trying to get to Philippines since March, 3 flights cancelled from USA.  My next try is in late August. 

2 minutes ago, AmericanNomad said:

Yes it hurts... I hope the Philippines re-opens this year, but I realize it will probably be next year. Just have to be patient.

I'm right there with you - needing to get to the Philippines.  Just not to see a girlfriend.  The asawa would be upset - plus she can't take time away from school to go with me.

There isn't any country she can go to meet you; which sucks.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

36 minutes ago, AmericanNomad said:

Yes it hurts... I hope the Philippines re-opens this year, but I realize it will probably be next year. Just have to be patient.

As long as there is money to be made by the corrupt officials in Philippines, this lockdown/quarantine will continue, it goes all the way down from government officials to barangay captains all getting their cuts, and the people who need it the most get ripped off the most, while they take all the cash and leave the citizens with a few kilos of rice and some cans of sardines.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

As long as there is money to be made by the corrupt officials in Philippines, this lockdown/quarantine will continue, it goes all the way down from government officials to barangay captains all getting their cuts, and the people who need it the most get ripped off the most, while they take all the cash and leave the citizens with a few kilos of rice and some cans of sardines.

The EU is going to block travel from the US, so the problem is not on the Philippines side.

You choices now are to develop a vaccine or wait patiently until someone else does.

Edited by JonSeattle
typo

22 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

The EU is going to block travel from the US, so the problem is not on the Philippines side.

You choices now are to develop a vaccine or wait patiently until someone else does.

Yes, the problem is on the Philippines side.  Corruption is at an all time high at the moment

This about the Philippines and it corruption ripping off it own people, which is standard practice there.

Not sure why you are talking about the EU?  This is about Philippines and their lockdown/quarantine.

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

You might have to have her go to Hong Kong to meet you, that may be an option to look at.

Is Hong Kong even allowing foreigners? Can Filipinos fly there without any quarantine issues? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.