Brenda0818

DV lottery 2020

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Interviews will happen when they can be scheduled by the embassy / the cache at this point with holding CR1,   IR1 and K1 is growing every day so patience is needed

travel for these winners will be according to whatever travel restrictions are out at the time

and no one here can tell you what is going to happen and when things will get back to some kind of normal / we don't even know what normal is anymore

2021 Entrant Status Check

DV-2021 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on June 6, 2020. The DV-2021 registration period opened on October 2, 2019, and closes on November 5, 2019. DV-2021 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least September 30, 2021.

2021 Entrant Status Check

DV-2021 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on June 6, 2020. The DV-2021 registration period opened on October 2, 2019, and closes on November 5, 2019. DV-2021 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until at least September 30, 2021.

DV visas are currently suspended under the ban, which may or may not be allowed to expire today. Routine visa processing has not yet opened up at US embassies, either. So it is impossible right now to give you a definite answer for DV2020. There is a backlog built up because of the covid shutdown so even if visa issuance does resume, some people think they will not be able to schedule enough interviews for everyone before the fiscal year ends. 

1 hour ago, Brenda0818 said:

It is sad. Maybe there will be second draw in upcoming month for dv2021 if US feel like most people in dv 2020 did not got interview in fiscal year and they need people.

The DV years are done totally independently, and there is a maximum per year legally. So they cannot add on more people in DV2021 just to make up for what is almost sure to be an undershoot in DV2020. (Even before covid monthly issuances were running below average.) 

Lawyer can’t make banned people unbanned. And if the ban is lifted he’s not needed. Note that if you sign up you pay half upfront half after a visa is issued, the second half regardless whether or not he has anything to do with the visa being issued. Last he posted publicly that I saw, few days ago, he had I think 12 principals (plus some derivatives) signed up. 

People from other countries may need to be aware that in the US, lawyers sometimes over promise on what they can deliver. If you sign up make sure you understand what’s actually realistic. Some discussion about the case on the britsimon website. 

For those who are interested in pursuing lawsuits and and are more interested in class action than the type above, I hear AILA (the association of immigration lawyers) is extending its class action suit under the proclamation to include DV (they have focused on family based heretofore). Might be worth following up with them.  

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

I've heard there is a lawyer who is going to build a case for the DV 2020 winner who participate

More information here

$2K to participate. LOL. Good luck!

EB-3 application failed in 2019 (Ability to pay)

DV Winner: 2021EU00025XXX

4 hours ago, puda said:

$2K to participate. LOL. Good luck!

Well some people are welling to pay specially that the ban has extended to the end of the year.

The only thing is i wish all good luck

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Just now, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

Well some people are welling to pay specially that the ban has extended to the end of the year.

The only thing is i wish all good luck

It’s not just about paying, it’s about what you’re paying for.

This is the link to AiLA’s call for plaintiffs. This was from a few weeks back but as I mentioned above they are now extending the class action suit to cover DV. My understanding (possibly flawed) is that similar to the arguments they have successfully used for aging out beneficiaries, the fact that the new EO goes beyond the end of the fiscal year causes permanent damage to DV makes the case now arguable (a previous one arguing similar was denied because at that stage the EO was only 60 days). I have no idea if this will be successful, but it’s worth a shot I guess. No charge.

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/agency-liaison/case-examples/examples-in-support-of-emergency-motion

The mandamus lawsuit doesn’t make sense to me. It seems to rely on a non-existent obligation to adjudicate DV cases before fiscal year end. There are other factors I don’t agree with, but I’ve already debated with Curtis on another thread, so...

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.