2,967 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the green card in mail after they say ‘card in production’? (With the stuff going on in the media saying they’re taking time printing cards now)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Moe94 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the green card in mail after they say ‘card in production’? (With the stuff going on in the media saying they’re taking time printing cards now)

Few days to a few weeks 

1 hour ago, Moe94 said:

Got mine within days...but that was before everything went south so to speak...you probably might wait longer..but at least you'll be getting it!👍

8 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

I inquired thru my congressman about my pending I-485 (held previously from marriage) My vawa was approved on December 31, 2019. Case change to approved online on February 6, 2020 Approval & deferred action received few days after. They confirmed my I-485 is currently undergoing VAWA pre-processing at NBC. I never received a transfer notice. I really hope to received interview or RFE soon, to have some movement on my case the wait is frustrating 😕 

1EC3FADD-ED87-45EE-81E5-BDF69E8DDA09.thumb.jpeg.6f2a3bbd9167cc56219e50437be62314.jpeg

We have a similar timeframe. Thank you for sharing. This is the closest I have gotten to understand the status of my case. Most certain that it is undergoing "pre checking" at NBC. did you ever get a "interview cancelled status" by any chance?

12 minutes ago, June1888 said:

We have a similar timeframe. Thank you for sharing. This is the closest I have gotten to understand the status of my case. Most certain that it is undergoing "pre checking" at NBC. did you ever get a "interview cancelled status" by any chance?

No, same status since 2017. 

Question for everyone, I left my abusive husband/partneron Saturday and it feels good.  However, he is threatening to annul the marriage (which i don't believe he has any grounds to stand on).  My current I-130/I-485 AoS is in progress, in fact I have my biometrics on the 20th.

In the chance of my partner withdraws the affidavit  of support, how quickly do I have to submit my VAWA papers without needing to resubmit everything?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, DeadliftingDad said:

Question for everyone, I left my abusive husband/partneron Saturday and it feels good.  However, he is threatening to annul the marriage (which i don't believe he has any grounds to stand on).  My current I-130/I-485 AoS is in progress, in fact I have my biometrics on the 20th.

In the chance of my partner withdraws the affidavit  of support, how quickly do I have to submit my VAWA papers without needing to resubmit everything?

Don't worry. Let him cancel what he wants. You can still file your vawa  as long as its not over 2 years. Then just have them transfer your i485 over to your vawa. But you'll have to have them not make a decision yet in your current i485. Or can start a ole new one if all else failed.( what I had to do)

Edited by AA.Bailey

8 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

Don't worry. Let him cancel what he wants. You can still file your vawa  as long as its not over 2 years. Then just have them transfer your i485 over to your vawa. But you'll have to have them not make a decision yet in your current i485. Or can start a ole new one if all else failed.( what I had to do)

The concern is that an annulment invalidates a marriage..thereby annihilating the criteria of a qualifying relationship which happens to be one of the requirements for the petition!💁if her spouse goes ahead with the threat, she best file a counter claim. As said often, an annulment should be fought vehemently!👍

18 minutes ago, AA.Bailey said:

Thanks for this.  So if I understand correctly, I can still attach my I-360 to my I485 even if he attempts to annul the marriage? They still haven't received a decision yet about my case

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The concern is that an annulment invalidates a marriage..thereby annihilating the criteria of a qualifying relationship which happens to be one of the requirements for the petition!💁if her spouse goes ahead with the threat, she best file a counter claim. As said often, an annulment should be fought vehemently!👍

After looking up the terms of annulment, I can safely say there is no grounds he can stand on for this

Timeline
26 minutes ago, June1888 said:

I have a question: What do you mean by this? how do you make them transfer the I-485 to the I-360?

there's two ways i personally know of, you'll have to do this in writing which is always best, or call but like two possible ways i know of is.

1. if the I360 has not yet been filed,  its 'best practice' to always include the beneficiary/applicant's A-number (if known) that is, so usic can link your new petition with your i485 ( you'd include this in your paperwork before filing it) 
  2. if you for say already filed a vawa, and its been approved a best practice is to submit an I-485 transfer request in an SRMT which means service request management tool. which is a phone call like i said above or online

I have an interview appt on August 18th. I found out today by a phone call from my pro bono. She only came to office once a week and found out my appt notice issued at early July. 

I have 6 days to prepare and no way i can contact the pro bono. 

Please help me

1. Form i864w,  do i have to carry it with me. I dont even know how to fill it yet? Can i fill it by my self or must be under the probono preresentative? 

2. There is no way i can complete a i693 on time. So i have a appt with uscis dr on Friday,  08/16/2020. I will ask dr office a paper/reciept as proof that i tried my best to fulfill requirements. Hopefully they conduct my interview

3. Do i have to bring all application,  including i360 form,  my affidavit,  my friends affidavit,  police report,  pictures? 

4. Since the furlough is seemed official,  how is that affected to our chance to be approved?  

Fyi,  my i765 was out of normal processing time. I contacted my congressman and uscis sent a letter to my probono told me that they wont discuss my case with 3rd party (congressman office). I informed congressman office and they agreed they were 3rd party. So in my case congressman was not helpful. 

I also submit form ar-11 to change my mailing address. Never had any mail from them either.

Even now with appt notice,  my online case status is still "finger print was taken". 

Pretty much messed up right now

All input are appreciated

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

I have an interview appt on August 18th. I found out today by a phone call from my pro bono. She only came to office once a week and found out my appt notice issued at early July. 

I have 6 days to prepare and no way i can contact the pro bono. 

Please help me

1. Form i864w,  do i have to carry it with me. I dont even know how to fill it yet? Can i fill it by my self or must be under the probono preresentative? 

2. There is no way i can complete a i693 on time. So i have a appt with uscis dr on Friday,  08/16/2020. I will ask dr office a paper/reciept as proof that i tried my best to fulfill requirements. Hopefully they conduct my interview

3. Do i have to bring all application,  including i360 form,  my affidavit,  my friends affidavit,  police report,  pictures? 

4. Since the furlough is seemed official,  how is that affected to our chance to be approved?  

Fyi,  my i765 was out of normal processing time. I contacted my congressman and uscis sent a letter to my probono told me that they wont discuss my case with 3rd party (congressman office). I informed congressman office and they agreed they were 3rd party. So in my case congressman was not helpful. 

I also submit form ar-11 to change my mailing address. Never had any mail from them either.

Even now with appt notice,  my online case status is still "finger print was taken". 

Pretty much messed up right now

All input are appreciated

Thank you

Wow! This is the first time in a long time I've heard of any interview! Things are looking up obviously!😊 anyways I went with my i864w ..they never asked for it..just my medicals. But please take with you all relevant documents for your i485 petition. Your attorney can help you fill out the i864w if not it's pretty easy to fill out. No stress there! You do not need to go with affidavits et al from your i360 petition which has already been adjudicated! The furlough doesn't affect i485 decisions in anyway so relax. As for the i693, you are suppose to take it along with you..is there no way you can make it happen? Find a way..if not, you'll be required to send it in before a decision is reached on your case. The USCIS updates sometimes don't reflect current status so don't fret about that. Be sure to take all original documents with you..marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc..All the best dear, may God go with you!🙏👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.