10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi, I just received   RFE for form I-485 adjustment of status, they are searching for new form I 944 because I did not know that I supposed to submit it which is fine, also they are saying in this letter that I have to submit all additional evidence for this form. Second request is: submit new edition of form I 485 (😏) my question is should I submit all over again like affidavit of support and all documents like taxes pictures, birth certificate? Or just form? Because they specifically saying - all additional documents for I-944 but they don’t say  anything else for I 485 except fill out form.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
29 minutes ago, NataBubu said:

Hi, I just received   RFE for form I-485 adjustment of status, they are searching for new form I 944 because I did not know that I supposed to submit it which is fine, also they are saying in this letter that I have to submit all additional evidence for this form. Second request is: submit new edition of form I 485 (😏) my question is should I submit all over again like affidavit of support and all documents like taxes pictures, birth certificate? Or just form? Because they specifically saying - all additional documents for I-944 but they don’t say  anything else for I 485 except fill out form.  

Just the correct I485 form- no need to resubmit the same supporting docs for it. Read everything two times make sure you are filling it out 100% correct. Same with the I-944 - double and triple check it before you send it in.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Just the correct I485 form- no need to resubmit the same supporting docs for it. Read everything two times make sure you are filling it out 100% correct. Same with the I-944 - double and triple check it before you send it in.

I called USCIS just minutes ago, one women told me to submit everything again, than I called again and they told me same as you... I’m really scared to make another mistake, so if anyone had same RFE I’m asking you to please share your experience. Thank you @Luckycuds I really hope that you are wright, because it’s too much work to do all over again. And I’m wondering is something was wrong with my form I-485 or it’s just was outdated, I did not double check, I check 30 times, trust me, and I did not get any answer for that from USCIS

Edited by NataBubu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NataBubu said:

I called USCIS just minutes ago, one women told me to submit everything again, than I called again and they told me same as you... I’m really scared to make another mistake, so if anyone had same RFE I’m asking you to please share your experience. Thank you @Luckycuds I really hope that you are wright, because it’s too much work to do all over again. And I’m wondering is something was wrong with my form I-485 or it’s just was outdated, I did not double check, I check 30 times, trust me, and I did not get any answer for that from USCIS

Did they send you back your packet or just the RFE letter? Do you have a photocopy if what you submitted? (ALWAYS make copies for your own records) if not did you download the I485? These are 2 ways you can clarify if you sent the wrong form. But if they are telling you to submit the new edition I would assume you sent an old one- and provide them what they want.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Luckycuds said:

Did they send you back your packet or just the RFE letter? Do you have a photocopy if what you submitted? (ALWAYS make copies for your own records) if not did you download the I485? These are 2 ways you can clarify if you sent the wrong form. But if they are telling you to submit the new edition I would assume you sent an old one- and provide them what they want.

A rejection gets the entire package back 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Luckycuds said:

No, that just send me RFE letter. You see, now form I 485 form have different date from the one that I sent, but I don’t know when they change it, Yes, I have all copies and everything, and everything looks perfect.  

6 minutes ago, NataBubu said:

Go by what the letter asks for specifically, not by what you are told on the phone. 

If they want JUST the I-485, send just that, plus of course, the I-944 and the attached evidence for it. 

As @Luckycuds suggests, photocopy the RFE to keep in your personal files. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Go by what the letter asks for specifically, not by what you are told on the phone. 

If they want JUST the I-485, send just that, plus of course, the I-944 and the attached evidence for it. 

As @Luckycuds suggests, photocopy the RFE to keep in your personal files. 

Ok, thanks a lot everybody. Low changed exactly one day before I send my application,  so, you know, it’s not fair, I just did not know for I 944 at all, guess I just did’t have luck. Again thanks for yours answers, I really appreciate that. 

Just now, NataBubu said:

Ok, thanks a lot everybody. Low changed exactly one day before I send my application,  so, you know, it’s not fair, I just did not know for I 944 at all, guess I just did’t have luck. Again thanks for yours answers, I really appreciate that. 

You're welcome. 

Recently, there have been a few posts from people who received the exact same RFE as you, but their petition arrived BEFORE the new rule went into effect. 😕

Timeline
Just now, Allaboutwaiting said:

You're welcome. 

Recently, there have been a few posts from people who received the exact same RFE as you, but their petition arrived BEFORE the new rule went into effect. 😕

Yes I know, I tried really hard to find answers here all over the place before I ask questions  but since this is new rule... I just hope that soon I’ll be able to help other people when they have same issue. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.