16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I just got an email from NVC informing that they will work with US embassy to schedule an interview for my IR1 visa ,.,but the head letter was like this ( Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified) does every 1 get some heading... or there is other heading like Immigrant visa case documentary Qualified )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's the same subject line we got. Actually there 2 emails.  

1st email: "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case"

2nd email: (Later the same day): "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified"

About 10 days later, another email: "Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment"

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Timeline

Yes exactly I got 2 email same day and exactly as u mentioned ... can you tell me which date you got those 2 email ??and which date they have scheduled the interview as most of US embassies are closed !! And does that mean that documents still not qualified yet and US embassy will decide ?

Edited by Sweety sweety

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Sweety sweety said:

Yes exactly I got 2 email same day and exactly as u mentioned ... can you tell me which date you got those 2 email ??and which date they have scheduled the interview as most of US embassies are closed !! And does that mean that documents still not qualified yet and US embassy will decide ?

It means documentarely qualified and once the embassy re-opens you’ll be in line for interview. NVC will email you once they have an appointment for you.

congrats!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Quarknase said:

It means documentarely qualified and once the embassy re-opens you’ll be in line for interview. NVC will email you once they have an appointment for you.

congrats!

Thanx :)

Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 3:57 AM, Scott001 said:

That's the same subject line we got. Actually there 2 emails.  

1st email: "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case"

2nd email: (Later the same day): "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified"

About 10 days later, another email: "Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment"

Yes there were 2 email..1st was abt the update and said they need second joint sponsor !! Other wise the decision will be left to embassy ..and in 2nd it was DQ !

im wondering what to do now ? What if I can’t get 2nd joint sponsor ? 

Timeline
On 6/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, Sweety sweety said:

Yes there were 2 email..1st was abt the update and said they need second joint sponsor !! Other wise the decision will be left to embassy ..and in 2nd it was DQ !

im wondering what to do now ? What if I can’t get 2nd joint sponsor ? 

Are you sure it said to add a second joint sponsor? Normally only one joint sponsor is allowed. Does your joint sponsor meet the financial requirements on it’s own? You could line up a different joint sponsor for the interview just in case. It seems that NVC suspects that your joint sponsor might not get accepted based on documentation provided.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Are you sure it said to add a second joint sponsor? Normally only one joint sponsor is allowed. Does your joint sponsor meet the financial requirements on it’s own? You could line up a different joint sponsor for the interview just in case. It seems that NVC suspects that your joint sponsor might not get accepted based on documentation provided.

Yes you are right..infact my joint sponsor is a self employed although his income is double of the poverty guid line but its not possible for him to provide w2s and he tried to give proofs through the business license with couple of more documents Along with the tax return ...but still they need additional joint sponsor !

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sweety sweety said:

Yes you are right..infact my joint sponsor is a self employed although his income is double of the poverty guid line but its not possible for him to provide w2s and he tried to give proofs through the business license with couple of more documents Along with the tax return ...but still they need additional joint sponsor !

Now my problem is that I can’t find an additional joint sponsor :(

Timeline
9 hours ago, Quarknase said:

From where I can find an additional joint sponsor !!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sweety sweety said:

From where I can find an additional joint sponsor !!

You don’t need an “additional” joint sponsor. NVC is not convinced that the consular Officer will accept your current joint sponsor, and recommends to find another one.

Sponsoring is the petitioners responsibility, are you beneficiary or petitioner?

It’s highly unlikely you’ll find one here in the forum. The petitioner might have family/friends in the US that are willing to take on this responsibility?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

You don’t need an “additional” joint sponsor. NVC is not convinced that the consular Officer will accept your current joint sponsor, and recommends to find another one.

Sponsoring is the petitioners responsibility, are you beneficiary or petitioner?

It’s highly unlikely you’ll find one here in the forum. The petitioner might have family/friends in the US that are willing to take on this responsibility?

I’m a beneficiary ...we are trying to collect more proofs abt the joint sponsor we already have ..hopefully the counselor officer accepts it .

Timeline
15 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I’m not sure what NVC exactly want  ...can you read this and guide me if you get a clue from whom they want an additional affidavit of support ? Does my joint sponsor have to make another affidavit of support with 2019 tax doc or I have to look for a new joint sponsor ?? Note that my joint sponsor is a self employee and his income is double of the poverty guid line !

5963235C-6403-4950-B107-9471D317726C.jpeg

Edited by Sweety sweety

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 hours ago, Sweety sweety said:

I’m not sure what NVC exactly want  ...can you read this and guide me if you get a clue from whom they want an additional affidavit of support ? Does my joint sponsor have to make another affidavit of support with 2019 tax doc or I have to look for a new joint sponsor ?? Note that my joint sponsor is a self employee and his income is double of the poverty guid line !

5963235C-6403-4950-B107-9471D317726C.jpeg

You are beneficiary and may not know people in the US. Your spouse should have his family or friends be the joint sponsor and  have them complete the form so if CO doesn’t accept the existing one, you have a backup plan. 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, onek said:

You are beneficiary and may not know people in the US. Your spouse should have his family or friends be the joint sponsor and  have them complete the form so if CO doesn’t accept the existing one, you have a backup plan. I

On 6/21/2020 at 7:13 AM, onek said:

It’s been 2 weeks since I got this email from NVC with the other email about becoming documentary qualified.. and I checked my status at Ceac it’s says AT NVC !! ..I wonder if I can submit some more document to NVC and how can I do after DQ

Edited by Sweety sweety

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.