Becker

K1 Visa Filing and Visiting advice.

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, Becker said:

I think you’re missing the point. Plus, we have told them 2-3 times a year for the past 5 years that the purpose of visit is to see bf/gf both in the UK and USA and we have never had a problem. They cannot prove the sole purpose of my trip would be to get married because it is not. It is a thing we will do but unless they directly ask or directly tell us we cannot get married, it is not fraud or lying. Obviously if they said something to do with marriage (I don’t see why they would) we would then tell the truth. But after 5 years of travelling back and forth, the question or suspicion has never been put forward. 

I’m with you on this one. It’s not like you are going with a tuxedo in your luggage and big wedding venue with specific wedding plans.  I don’t think anybody interviewing you in London for a spouse visa on is going to backtrack and request information from CBP what you said at each entry, if they bothered to type it in the computer. They aren’t even in the same division of the government.  Heck every time I visited, I said “I’m on holiday” because I thought girlfriend sounded silly being a 50 yr old English gentleman.  Of course if you marry, each subsequent visit will be to visit your “wife”, but you will have documentation that you are applying for a spouse visa and are immigrating the proper way.

Obviously not all agree, so you will have to decide for yourself after weighing all the opinions and your previous experience with entries.  Also wanted to say like JFH said before, a London interview is a doddle. They want you to succeed and are not trying to find ways to trip you up.  

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Becker said:

I did not say i was going to work. It was merely to be shown as proof of my job that requires me to be in the UK while working.

Also for the previous comment, i do not intend to lie at all. I am not risking anything to jeopardise anything. I am just trying to find answers as to how to respond to the officer when entering. Like when he says "what is the purpose of your visit" do i say to be with my fiance or to get married. Then, if i say the get married route, i have mentioned i have minimal proof that would be substantial if they need it. As i said, a job that I work from home, no house owned in my name and no car in my name. Thanks

You are fixated on the act of marriage.   The marriage is not the problem, it is using a nonimmigrant entry to remain and attempt  to gain an immigration benefit .  Important difference. 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
56 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You are fixated on the act of marriage.   The marriage is not the problem, it is using a nonimmigrant entry to remain and attempt  to gain an immigration benefit .  Important difference. 

I still don’t think this answers my question. I have full intentions to leave and apply the correct way. But how will it be proved with minimal evidence of ownership of things at home. 

Surely there is a way and surely more people have been in this situation.  I have zero intentions of adjusting status or lying to anyone who asks me the questions. 

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I’m with you on this one. It’s not like you are going with a tuxedo in your luggage and big wedding venue with specific wedding plans.  I don’t think anybody interviewing you in London for a spouse visa on is going to backtrack and request information from CBP what you said at each entry, if they bothered to type it in the computer. They aren’t even in the same division of the government.  Heck every time I visited, I said “I’m on holiday” because I thought girlfriend sounded silly being a 50 yr old English gentleman.  Of course if you marry, each subsequent visit will be to visit your “wife”, but you will have documentation that you are applying for a spouse visa and are immigrating the proper way.

Obviously not all agree, so you will have to decide for yourself after weighing all the opinions and your previous experience with entries.  Also wanted to say like JFH said before, a London interview is a doddle. They want you to succeed and are not trying to find ways to trip you up.  

Thank you for this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.