Jenna

March Filers with NO APPROVAL yet.

1,298 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I just got a letter from my senator Trent Lott. He said that if your case was transferred to CSC from another service center they do not go by your noa1 date but they go by the date cali received your transfer. So now Im really lost, i called uscis and they said my case had been pulled and is in someones office for processing. However, they did not receive my petition from vsc until 5/01/07, so they dont have to do anything with it until 11/01/07. I think Im going to have a stroke. If it is in someones office now, will they likely put it back in storage or will they go ahead and process it.

IN A LAND FAR FAR AND AWAY THERE IS A RAINBOW, EVERYDAY MY SOUL TRIES TO SOAR AND JOIN WITH ITS BRIGHT RAYS. HOWEVER THE DEMONS OF USCIS CONTINUALLY SABOTAGE MY WINGS....... AY AY AY

Irene,

I absolutely do not believe nor agree with the statements in your Trent Lott letter. They are not the USCIS nor are they representing them.

I have always understood that your application is processed in order of when the USCIS receives your application, and not even the NOA1 Notice Date. The date they mark it RECEIVED on your NOA1 should establish the pecking order. Everything I have read and heard, with legitimacy, has pointed to this. To be fair, I do not represent the USCIS neither.

USCIS seems dumb, slow, heartless, etc., but I believe even the process outlined by Sen. Lott's office is way off and does not reflect reality. I don't even think the VJ timelines would show this effect of delays due to transfers.

Your case will be a great test, if you will. The theory is it will be adjudicated soon once it is assigned and on someone's desk. This sure makes sense to me.

Good luck and God speed. I truly believe you are okay.

One thing I have noticed with myself, and I see it playing out on these VJ forums with fellow members. WE ARE POWERLESS. We cannot "talk to the manager" or complain about bad service and threaten to take our business elsewhere. This goes against everything we are used to in our society. This could start a whole political debate on purpose and involvement levels of governments, but that isn't for this thread.

Therefore, we have to dig deep and accept the fate of the process. We are NOT in control. We are powerless. There is only one thing we have control over, and that is our ourselves -- our emotions, reactions, peace of mind, etc.

I am so extremely frustrated; however, I try to look at the reality of the situation. Letting this process control my attitude just adds to my negative experience. I know for a fact I had a good idea of the timeline I was signing up for when I married a foreigner. In doing so, I signed up for additional stress and temporary loneliness. This is the time to grow and go through it learning and growing from the situation.

If we can't even deal with this process, how are we going to deal with marriage and the stresses that brings into the relationship? (This is not directly at you specifically, Irene.) I encourage everyone on this thread to tap that self-control and maturity and come out of this a better person. Sure, we can throw darts at the USCIS to relieve stress. I have already done this.

But if we start talking about addiction to viewing the USCIS status and all these unhealthy issues, that is not benefitting you or your spouse and family at all. I believe we are all doing a wonderful and adventurous thing here. There are challenges, but we are going to enjoy a diverse relationship few get to experience.

This is temporary. We cannot change, significantly, the process during our wait. Sure things can improve, but it will not affect us or our waiting. Hopefully it gets better for those in the future.

I'm not far behind all of you, maybe a month. If I focus on it, it bothers me. But I just say to myself that I cannot change anything, so I need to remain in control of my emotions -- meaning extreme swings in mood and reactions.

Good luck to everyone. Maybe this "lecture" is more directed at me to help me maintain my composure. Hopefully it strikes a chord with some on the list that have let their emotions run a little wild as of late.

Unless you KNOWINGLY cheated, lied, or forged something, there is a VERY high chance your application will be approved. They are not looking to deny anybody. They ARE looking for fraud, however. If you know you were honest, I really believe you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

DENY versus RFE are very drastic issues. I would hate to receive an RFE; however, that is not a denial of application. So don't focus so much on the negative. Take time to build a foundation of communication with your spouse. This is a trying time, but also a wonderful time to focus on WHO you married. I hate parts of this, but I'm trying to focus on the parts I love. I love my wife! (Wow, eyes a little wet there.)

Again, God bless you all. It will be alright.

-Robin

Couldn't have been said any better, Robin. That's definitely the best way to get through this process.

We're all frustrated, but being on this site all the time just shows how much we care about our wives/husbands. We're all very excited to be reunited with our spouses and this site has offered a great method to learn about the process and communicate with others who are going through the same thing. I paid a lawyer $800 to take care of the process for me and she has been 99% worthless. She did fill out the papers and mail them, so I'll give her that last 1%. She advertises herself as an expert in immigration, but I can guarantee everyone who spends a decent amount of time on this site knows 1,000,000 times more about the process than she does. After all these months of waiting, if I had to accept her explanations of why I've heard absolutely nothing, I think I would go insane! I would probably be wondering if I would ever be able to bring my wife up here with me. Unfortunately, I didn't find this site until about five months after she had started the process.

This site not only offers an explanation of pretty much any issue you could run into, but it also offers a lot of friends to help someone get through the process....people like Robin who bring us back to reality. We shouldn't be going crazy. We should be making the most of our time that we have to strengthen our relationships and get everything ready for our spouses when they are finally able to come here. God knows I need to clean the $%#@ out of my house :lol: Anyway, keep your heads up. Our interview dates are already set in stone...it's just that nobody knows what that date is yet. But with each day...week...month that passes, that's one less day...week...month that everyone has to wait. Our days will come. Don't let this get you down. Read a book, go for a walk, visit family, go work out, go eat with friends, send your spouse a care package, TALK TO YOUR SPOUSE!!! Do whatever it takes to pass the time. I've run into a very frustrating time this first half of August, but Robin put things back in perspective. We don't have control of the process, only how we react to it.

By the way, if anyone is ever in Kansas City and wants to have some good BBQ or a beer, give me a shout!

Dennis

PS - I hope you guys don't mind me poking fun at the CSC workers. It's kind of a good release for me ;)

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I would say don't worry, because in my resach, the most of people who filed in March were transfered to Californina Service Center in May, and getting approved now..

My case also filed in the begining of March 07 to NVC, and my husband called a congressman, he said that California Sevice center just received our applilcation and put it into computer on May 2nd. So ours were being hold for about 2 months..

I really can't say, because ours is not approved yet, but I am hoping it will come pretty soon just like other March filers..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Well said very eloquently said! We have all ranted and lost control but I could not agree more Well done Robin

I just got a letter from my senator Trent Lott. He said that if your case was transferred to CSC from another service center they do not go by your noa1 date but they go by the date cali received your transfer. So now Im really lost, i called uscis and they said my case had been pulled and is in someones office for processing. However, they did not receive my petition from vsc until 5/01/07, so they dont have to do anything with it until 11/01/07. I think Im going to have a stroke. If it is in someones office now, will they likely put it back in storage or will they go ahead and process it.

IN A LAND FAR FAR AND AWAY THERE IS A RAINBOW, EVERYDAY MY SOUL TRIES TO SOAR AND JOIN WITH ITS BRIGHT RAYS. HOWEVER THE DEMONS OF USCIS CONTINUALLY SABOTAGE MY WINGS....... AY AY AY

Irene,

I absolutely do not believe nor agree with the statements in your Trent Lott letter. They are not the USCIS nor are they representing them.

I have always understood that your application is processed in order of when the USCIS receives your application, and not even the NOA1 Notice Date. The date they mark it RECEIVED on your NOA1 should establish the pecking order. Everything I have read and heard, with legitimacy, has pointed to this. To be fair, I do not represent the USCIS neither.

USCIS seems dumb, slow, heartless, etc., but I believe even the process outlined by Sen. Lott's office is way off and does not reflect reality. I don't even think the VJ timelines would show this effect of delays due to transfers.

Your case will be a great test, if you will. The theory is it will be adjudicated soon once it is assigned and on someone's desk. This sure makes sense to me.

Good luck and God speed. I truly believe you are okay.

One thing I have noticed with myself, and I see it playing out on these VJ forums with fellow members. WE ARE POWERLESS. We cannot "talk to the manager" or complain about bad service and threaten to take our business elsewhere. This goes against everything we are used to in our society. This could start a whole political debate on purpose and involvement levels of governments, but that isn't for this thread.

Therefore, we have to dig deep and accept the fate of the process. We are NOT in control. We are powerless. There is only one thing we have control over, and that is our ourselves -- our emotions, reactions, peace of mind, etc.

I am so extremely frustrated; however, I try to look at the reality of the situation. Letting this process control my attitude just adds to my negative experience. I know for a fact I had a good idea of the timeline I was signing up for when I married a foreigner. In doing so, I signed up for additional stress and temporary loneliness. This is the time to grow and go through it learning and growing from the situation.

If we can't even deal with this process, how are we going to deal with marriage and the stresses that brings into the relationship? (This is not directly at you specifically, Irene.) I encourage everyone on this thread to tap that self-control and maturity and come out of this a better person. Sure, we can throw darts at the USCIS to relieve stress. I have already done this.

But if we start talking about addiction to viewing the USCIS status and all these unhealthy issues, that is not benefitting you or your spouse and family at all. I believe we are all doing a wonderful and adventurous thing here. There are challenges, but we are going to enjoy a diverse relationship few get to experience.

This is temporary. We cannot change, significantly, the process during our wait. Sure things can improve, but it will not affect us or our waiting. Hopefully it gets better for those in the future.

I'm not far behind all of you, maybe a month. If I focus on it, it bothers me. But I just say to myself that I cannot change anything, so I need to remain in control of my emotions -- meaning extreme swings in mood and reactions.

Good luck to everyone. Maybe this "lecture" is more directed at me to help me maintain my composure. Hopefully it strikes a chord with some on the list that have let their emotions run a little wild as of late.

Unless you KNOWINGLY cheated, lied, or forged something, there is a VERY high chance your application will be approved. They are not looking to deny anybody. They ARE looking for fraud, however. If you know you were honest, I really believe you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

DENY versus RFE are very drastic issues. I would hate to receive an RFE; however, that is not a denial of application. So don't focus so much on the negative. Take time to build a foundation of communication with your spouse. This is a trying time, but also a wonderful time to focus on WHO you married. I hate parts of this, but I'm trying to focus on the parts I love. I love my wife! (Wow, eyes a little wet there.)

Again, God bless you all. It will be alright.

-Robin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Robin and Erika's Husband..

Wow...VERY nicely put. I appreciate your clear words of wisdom.

God knows, I can relate to SOOO many things, if not all, from your posts about not thinking/stressing too much about this proces to taking time to strengthen your relationship with your SO. Not saying I dont have hard time ever about this process but I just do/think exactly what you guys mentioned in your posts.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts. I m sure it will help ppl out here on VJ.. I know it did to me and wish e'one waiting a very good luck and godspeed.. :thumbs:

Have a happy Fri yall..

Regards

Pkewl

I-130 Timeline

I-130 sent - 05/15/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (168 days)

I-129F(K3) Timeline

I-129F - sent 06/07/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (145 days)

NVC Received: 11/08/07

NVC Left: 11/15/07

Packet 3 mailed out by Mumbai: 11/19/07 (Haven't received it as of 12/03/07)

Packet 3 printed off US Consulate, Mumbai website and mailed back: 12/03/07

Rec'vd Visa Appointment Letter: 12/15/07

Interview Date at Mumbai: 03/05/08

K3 VISA APPROVED: 03/05/08

POE: LAX on 03/10/08; Wife was asked just a few basic questions.

AOS Timeline

AOS Packet (I-485 & I-765) mailed - 04/01/08

NOA1 (AOS & EAD) - 04/11/08

Biometrics Appt (AOS & EAD): 04/24/08. DONE!!!

EAD Card Production ordered (CRIS Update): 05/30/08 :-)

EAD Card Rec'd in the mail: 06/09/08. Thanks.

AOS Interview Scheduled for: 08/29/2008 APPROVED

GCard rec'vd: 09/09/08. Yay.... Done with USCIS until lifting conditions :-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys i am March filers also,and i been reading this forum since we started our immigration process but just decided to join last night,which was also the Approval of our both pettion the I-130 and the I29-F.....it took 122 days before they aprroved our petition.

I hope the rest of march filers will be approved also this month....

Mae

I-130 Timeline:

March 3, 2007 -Mailed I-130

March 19, 2007-Received NOA for I-130 to Texas

August 15,2007-NOA2 Approved(we knew it by CRIS email)

August 20,2007-NOA2 recieved by mail

I-129F Timeline:

March 22, 2007- Mailed I-129F to Chicago

April 11, 2007- I-129F Touched

April 12, 2007- Received NOA for I-129F

May 07, 2007 - Touched

August 15,2007-NOA2 Approved(we knew it by CRIS email)

August 20,2007-NOA2 recieved by mail

Septermeber 11,2007-got a mail from NVC containing MNL case number

October 30,2007-Medical Schedule

November 9,2007-Interview Schedule

Zolanden, I have been following the threat and you are gracefully congratulating everyone and you hardly complaining about your approval. you are chosing to be happy inspite of all the reason to be mad, and I hope your approval come soon.

We all want to be approved which is why we all joined this forum. while we are waiting and others get approved we should all be happy for them. The minute you start being happy for others then happiness comes your way. What you focus on expands.

Congratulations to all those who got approved. This was a better week and it gave all of us hope.

Plea,

Yes,you are right,I am always congratulating for everyone,who 's got approved.Like everyone in this forum.That is why we are here,to support each other.

I am really happy for them.(approved people)

I do not think that I am complaining too much.

However,thanks for your encouraging words and I wish good luck to you too. :thumbs:

Regards;

Z.-

Edited by zolanden

Hey EVERYBODY !!! T.G.I.F. :dance: :dance: It was a good week for a few of our members. Thanks Robin and Dennis for reminding us why we are all here and are in this together. I really liked Irene's Ginsing mixture idea to fuel their fire and I think it can be delivered to them through their vending and coffee service :yes: :yes: !!

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes TGIF, This week even though I didn't get my approval I am very happy seeing approvals for other people. Keep it going CSC, your job makes a huge difference in our lives. Thank you for the approvals.

If any CSC person comes on this site, You know we love you guys :).

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

2007-02-25 : Marriage

2007-03-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-03-18 : I-130 Transferred to CSC

2007-03-31 : I-130 NOA 1 (Recieved in mail)

2007-08-23 : I-130 NOA 2 (Recived email from CRIS)

I129F

2007-04-02 : I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-04-09 : I-129F NOA 1

2007-04-25 : I-129F Touched I129 transferred to CSC

2007-05-21 : I-129F Touched I129 Recieved at CSC

2007-08-23 : I-129F NOA 2 (Approved, recieved email from CRIS)

2007-09-24 : I-129F Recieved at NVC and Case Number assigned.

2007-09-26 : I-129F Left NVC and on its way to Chennai.

2007-10-05 : Chennai Embassy Recieved our Case

2007-11-01 : Interview date, K3 Visa issued with absolutely no questions.

2007-11-11 : POE JFK took less than half hour

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank God it's Friday but I really would like to say TGWA, Thank God we are Approved ;)

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

2007-02-25 : Marriage

2007-03-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-03-18 : I-130 Transferred to CSC

2007-03-31 : I-130 NOA 1 (Recieved in mail)

2007-08-23 : I-130 NOA 2 (Recived email from CRIS)

I129F

2007-04-02 : I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-04-09 : I-129F NOA 1

2007-04-25 : I-129F Touched I129 transferred to CSC

2007-05-21 : I-129F Touched I129 Recieved at CSC

2007-08-23 : I-129F NOA 2 (Approved, recieved email from CRIS)

2007-09-24 : I-129F Recieved at NVC and Case Number assigned.

2007-09-26 : I-129F Left NVC and on its way to Chennai.

2007-10-05 : Chennai Embassy Recieved our Case

2007-11-01 : Interview date, K3 Visa issued with absolutely no questions.

2007-11-11 : POE JFK took less than half hour

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

robin and the rest of you guys you are completely right. I should learn to be more patient, and just flow with the process. I appreciate all the support we give each other in this forum and i do believe soon we will be out of this hole. I got another touch this morning, so ill just relax and see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.