Mohd_NazmiSaeed

more questions for the DS 260

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, again

it is time to refresh the group, and i will post all my concerns here so also everyone can benefit from the scenarios for this lottery or the future ones 

1. Address and phone [present and previous]

now am Jordanian born in UAE, at 18 i went to Jordan for university after graduation back to UAE for work

they request address when i was 16 and older

the answer would be in the existing field"16 to 18" UAE"     -      then new field "18 to 14 Jordan"     -     the new field "24 to 37 UAE" ?

2. Children don't have an email or phone number , shall i also use mine ?

3. My wife has Palestinian passport originally, then she gained Jordanian by marriage, she uses the Jordanian not the Palestinian [not expired], in the Nationality shall she specify Palestine as the main then she obtained Jordanian passport ?

4. In the Country/Authority that issued the passport , as a Country is it "Jordan" but since i have done it at the embassy it says in the passport "Abu Dhabi" - now Abu Dhabi is a city not country, shall o choose Jordan or UAE ?

5. in Family "Father for example" he was born in the 40's , at that time passports where missed up, and written Day 1 Month 1, but birth certificate is on full actual date , shall i follow the passport or birth certificate

Sorry for the long paragraph but i couldn't find information online or on YouTube since everyone is just talking about is in general

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

These are not DV lottery specific questions, but just about filling in the DS260.

1. Yes

2. Use your discretion, you can, or leave blank 

3. Yes, is this not detailed in the help pop-ups?

4. I don’t understand from how you’ve phrased it if it’s country of authority or country where it was issued 

5. Birth certificate.

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

These are not DV lottery specific questions, but just about filling in the DS260.

1. Yes

2. Use your discretion, you can, or leave blank 

3. Yes, is this not detailed in the help pop-ups?

4. I don’t understand from how you’ve phrased it if it’s country of authority or country where it was issued 

5. Birth certificate.

First of all thank you for answering,  i will check the link you gave me as well.

For point numbrt 4 :

I have Jordanian passport, but since i renew it at the embassy in UAE, as written inside the passport : authority Abu Dhabi.

So I don't know if to go and choose Jordan or UAE.

I know but this seems different from other passports i guess, check the attached file too

20200609_014137.jpg

Edited by Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

49 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

For point numbrt 4 :

I have Jordanian passport, but since i renew it at the embassy in UAE, as written inside the passport : authority Abu Dhabi.

From Mary's DS-260 (a Filipino Passport issued in Mexico City) . . . Philippines

Answer the country (Nationality of your issued passport) not the diplomatic post.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Ok, i have just gone and looked at a DS260 form. It is clearly asking for the country that issued the passport, not the place that the passport happened to be printed. So it has to be Jordan. 

6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ok, i have just gone and looked at a DS260 form. It is clearly asking for the country that issued the passport, not the place that the passport happened to be printed. So it has to be Jordan. 

If you checked the DS260 is says country/authority 

In my passport there is authority, thats what got me missed up.

6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

From Mary's DS-260 (a Filipino Passport issued in Mexico City) . . . Philippines

Answer the country (Nationality of your issued passport) not the diplomatic post.

Thank you for the answer

I will do that

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

21 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

If you checked the DS260 is says country/authority 

I did check the DS260. You need to read the questions properly too. It doesn’t say “country/authority where issued”, it says “country/authority that issued document”

Edited by SusieQQQ

14 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I did check the DS260. You need to read the questions properly too. It doesn’t say “country/authority where issued”, it says “country/authority that issued document”

Perfect.

Thanks @SusieQQQ

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

The next question are related to "Education"

1. for my case, [i am the winner ]i went to a university from 2001 until 2004 and then i left it, and went to another university, and since kept the same major in both university, i was accredit most of my study hours, i complteted the rest of the hours in the new university and graduated

1. in the Education, do i choose that

• i went to 2 universities or just one, the latest ?
  • if i choose 2 universities, in the field "Degree or diploma received" what should i write ? moved to a new university ? or N/A ? and then received in the 2nd university ?
  • For entering information about secondary and high school, 3 years in secondary high school and 3 years in the high school, but each year spent in a different school, do i have to enlist each one separably ?

2. for my wife's case

She did her studies Egypt, she attended the SAME university but in 2 different cities, foe example, 1 year in Cairo and 4 year in Alexandria, as the issue i am having, should she choose 2  educational institutes or one since they are the same universities and the same major?

DV winner in the interview has to have work experience i think with SVP range over 7 OR High school equivalent to USA schools, now my studies were LONG time ago, graduate in 2001 from high school, we have

• 6 years elemanrty school
  • 3 years secondary school
  • 3 years high school
  • which gives the total of 12 years of studying

are these 12 years are the main requirement ?

when shall i be able to choose to go for high school or work experience ? at the interview ? or by filling the form the officer there shall ask for the papers i have and he can select which is correct ? because i didn't see any option in the DS 260 for that

thank you and sorry for the long post

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

You’re both overthinking it now and at the same time not paying attention to the instructions on the form. It very clearly says list all schools/institutions attended at secondary level or above - so list them all. if you don’t understand the type of schools they mean then look at the help for that question where they clearly explain it.

If you left one before you got a diploma, write “none”.

The main selectee will be required to show proof of education at the interview.

The DS260 is a form every immigrant has to fill in regardless of the type of green card. It is not the proof of DV eligibility. 
Don’t waste time trying to prove work experience if you have the required education. It’s unnecessary and doesn’t change your case.

19 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You’re both overthinking it now and at the same time not paying attention to the instructions on the form. It very clearly says list all schools/institutions attended at secondary level or above - so list them all. if you don’t understand the type of schools they mean then look at the help for that question where they clearly explain it.

If you left one before you got a diploma, write “none”.

The main selectee will be required to show proof of education at the interview.

The DS260 is a form every immigrant has to fill in regardless of the type of green card. It is not the proof of DV eligibility. 
Don’t waste time trying to prove work experience if you have the required education. It’s unnecessary and doesn’t change your case.

Thank you Susie, you have been very helpful

I checked online many websites and groups regarding the education and schools to figure our exactly what they need.

I have my originals sinxe 89 until 2001 except for 2000 which is missing and now am trying to gain new one instead of the lost

In the work section just added few points of job description.

Thanks again

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

in the section of schools, i have to  indicate “Academic” or “Vocational.”, where exactly do i write that ?

there is field "Course of Study" and "Degree, Diploma or Certificate Received"

after passing the exams we receive the grades statement of the exams for each year 

for example do i write "Course of study" : 12th grade - Academic

Degree field : Passing grade statement

and so on for the previous years ?

Thank you

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

sorry, I am happy to try help but I do not have time to sit and double check what you want to write for most of the whole DS260. Most of it really is quite clear if you follow the instructions. The above should help with stuff that still isn’t. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 6/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

3. My wife has Palestinian passport originally, then she gained Jordanian by marriage, she uses the Jordanian not the Palestinian [not expired], in the Nationality shall she specify Palestine as the main then she obtained Jordanian passport ?

hi guys, just quick updated check

when i submitted my DV lottery i inserted the Jordanian passport for my wife (it has UAE visa and it is the one she is officially using)

her original nationality passport (Palestinian) has not been used since 2013, and renewed once, the Palestinian passport expires in August 2020, my wife doesn't want to renew it since it is not being used

now in this case i shall keep it in the DS260 as the main passport even not renewed ? 

Thanks

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.