Cody&Razely

Conjecture on PH to Lift Ban on Foreign Nationals

35 posts in this topic

For work, Im tracking about 80-90 countries on a daily basis on travel restrictions, immigration restrictions, etc etc.  Most countries are still really restrictive on foreigners entering their countries, which is scary as some of these countries I find much more organized then the Philippines.  I have a feeling Philippines is going to be one of the last to open to non-Filipinos.  I really hope Im wrong, but Im just not seeing it.  Also China and Italy are starting to record spikes which will scare every other country into thinking about opening.  

As I said I hope Im dead wrong on the Philippines but I just dont see it.  Look at the games in the country, why would they even open up.  Balance sheet is still strong with foreign currencies.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

For work, Im tracking about 80-90 countries on a daily basis on travel restrictions, immigration restrictions, etc etc.  Most countries are still really restrictive on foreigners entering their countries, which is scary as some of these countries I find much more organized then the Philippines.  I have a feeling Philippines is going to be one of the last to open to non-Filipinos.  I really hope Im wrong, but Im just not seeing it.  Also China and Italy are starting to record spikes which will scare every other country into thinking about opening.  

As I said I hope Im dead wrong on the Philippines but I just dont see it.  Look at the games in the country, why would they even open up.  Balance sheet is still strong with foreign currencies.  

Yeah, that is a hard pill to swallow, not because it may not be true but only because I do not want it to be so. But it is what it is. Thanks for the input.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, payxibka said:

My taglish ain't so good but me thinks he is still saying no school until a vaccine.  Smh.

That is absolutely crazy, why then are we paying a pile of money for tuition to St James Catholic School in Subic Town?

I had been asked to come to teach some training sessions for a Filipino Government Department in late July.   They got everything approved then found out that they would need to have me quarantined for 2 weeks.  Oh well. ;)

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I had been asked to come to teach some training sessions for a Filipino Government Department in late July.   They got everything approved then found out that they would need to have me quarantined for 2 weeks.  Oh well. ;)

I'll take your place, no problem with quarantine. I'll be a SME on anything! lol

26 minutes ago, Cody&Razely said:

I'll take your place, no problem with quarantine. I'll be a SME on anything! lol

I told them I had no issue with that too!  But I think they didn't want to pay for two weeks of lodging.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

June 13th, 2020:

Anything more recent or substantial than this "when it happens it happens" statement?

"International visits may resume after the current regulation of mandatory 14-day quarantine upon entry is no longer imposed.

MANILA, Philippines — With all foreign national entry visa issuance as well as all visa-on-arrivals issuance having been banned since March 22 to “curb the spread of the coronavirus disease” 😏🤣😂🤑🤪:bonk::no::rofl: , the country has seen “zero foreign national arrivals” since that time.

When comparing the number of Foreign visitor entries into the Philippines between Jan. 1st to May 31st 2019 with the same first five months of 2020. This shows a result of a 62.21% decline in tourist arrivals in the Philippines. With the total number of foreign visitor arrivals to the Philippines at only 1,318,719 compared to the same 5 month period, year’s high record of 3,489,270 in 2019.

14-day quarantine rule

Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat and Tourism Congress of the Philippine Jojo Clemente stressed that the travel ban in place is not only applicable to the Philippines but in many countries in the world.

Puyat said, that the mandatory 14-day quarantine for tourists also remain in place in the country and may only be accepting tourists once this protocol has been lifted.

“Right now, either you are not allowed to go or are required to take the 14-day quarantine. I don’t think there’s a country that doesn’t require the mandatory 14-day quarantine,” the tourism chief said in mixed English and Filipino during the Kapihan sa Manila Bay virtual forum on Wednesday.

Clemente agreed and said that the 14-day quarantine rule is the way of saying that only essential travels are allowed as majority will only get to stay in quarantine facilities.

“It’s the countries way of saying to stop traveling for now. So when you do the 14-day quarantine, only the essentials are allowed,” he said.

He added that those who would push through with their travels will be required to undergo rapid tests and other safety measures which makes traveling more tedious than before.

Puyat said this is also the reason why the government is preparing safety protocols, COVID-19 laboratories and other health facilities to allow foreign travels soon.

“So that when you get checked, as long as they are [COVID-19] negative, they don’t have to do the 14-day quarantine,” she added."

Edited by Cody&Razely

The country of Philippines has lost it mind, it has taken being stupid to the next level, didn't think they could do it but they have done it.

Now in some bigger cities if you travel to them and you are living in Philippines, you must go thru a 14 day quarantine period if you travel outside your city to another city.

Timeline
On 6/25/2020 at 6:17 PM, Cody&Razely said:

June 13th, 2020:

Anything more recent or substantial than this "when it happens it happens" statement?

"International visits may resume after the current regulation of mandatory 14-day quarantine upon entry is no longer imposed.

MANILA, Philippines — With all foreign national entry visa issuance as well as all visa-on-arrivals issuance having been banned since March 22 to “curb the spread of the coronavirus disease” 😏🤣😂🤑🤪:bonk::no::rofl: , the country has seen “zero foreign national arrivals” since that time.

When comparing the number of Foreign visitor entries into the Philippines between Jan. 1st to May 31st 2019 with the same first five months of 2020. This shows a result of a 62.21% decline in tourist arrivals in the Philippines. With the total number of foreign visitor arrivals to the Philippines at only 1,318,719 compared to the same 5 month period, year’s high record of 3,489,270 in 2019.

14-day quarantine rule

Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat and Tourism Congress of the Philippine Jojo Clemente stressed that the travel ban in place is not only applicable to the Philippines but in many countries in the world.

Puyat said, that the mandatory 14-day quarantine for tourists also remain in place in the country and may only be accepting tourists once this protocol has been lifted.

“Right now, either you are not allowed to go or are required to take the 14-day quarantine. I don’t think there’s a country that doesn’t require the mandatory 14-day quarantine,” the tourism chief said in mixed English and Filipino during the Kapihan sa Manila Bay virtual forum on Wednesday.

Clemente agreed and said that the 14-day quarantine rule is the way of saying that only essential travels are allowed as majority will only get to stay in quarantine facilities.

“It’s the countries way of saying to stop traveling for now. So when you do the 14-day quarantine, only the essentials are allowed,” he said.

He added that those who would push through with their travels will be required to undergo rapid tests and other safety measures which makes traveling more tedious than before.

Puyat said this is also the reason why the government is preparing safety protocols, COVID-19 laboratories and other health facilities to allow foreign travels soon.

“So that when you get checked, as long as they are [COVID-19] negative, they don’t have to do the 14-day quarantine,” she added."

PAL-Guidelines-International-Arrivals-2.jpg

Well! 🤔 There goes the 14 day Quarantine. .............. So............, lift the ban now lol after all..... you said " " lol though sadly this is not an official post by the DOH but rather by PH Airlines, soooooo, Foreign Nation Entry ban lifing, prooooobably not gonna happen at this time

Edited by Cody&Razely

1 hour ago, Cody&Razely said:

PAL-Guidelines-International-Arrivals-2.jpg

Well! 🤔 There goes the 14 day Quarantine. .............. So............, lift the ban now lol after all..... you said " " lol though sadly this is not an official post by the DOH but rather by PH Airlines, soooooo, Foreign Nation Entry ban lifing, prooooobably not gonna happen at this time

Im confused.

So the 14 day rule is gone?   Clarification please. I am talking about an American entering the Philippines.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Im confused.

So the 14 day rule is gone?   Clarification please. I am talking about an American entering the Philippines.

Apparently, it is. Though this still only applies to the usual OFW's, Immediate family members of PHC's (Wife, Husband, Dependent children,  Approved Dignitaries and their Immediate family members, ect.), Dual Citizens, PH PR's, etc..., Same as before.

Still all Foreign Nationals with no legal ties to PH are banned from entry.

btw, there is a thread here on VJ of a filipina who described her mom's trip home for a visit earlier this june (though she did not specify what her mom's legal status was in both countries, I assume PHC and either PR or DC of the US) but it followed the situation as outlines in the flyer, tested at the airport, went to a hotel room shared with two other filipina women (by choice to share cost), ordered out, received tests results all clear (I think after 3-4 days) then released to go to their final destinations.

I confirmed this with my fiance in the WV region. She stated that it was the policy to test and quarantine at the POE until the results came back negative and then to travel to the final destination. However, she also stated that each region/municipality also have their own policies as well (of course) and that some require no further quarantine, Some require a 14 day self quarantine once arriving at the final destination, some require an additional test and clearance but no further self quarantine, etc..

Edited by Cody&Razely

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

The Good ole Philippines aka the "Land of Confusion"

Where there are many rule and laws and so few followed, and now with the quarantine stupidity they are going thru, it seems as if things changes for no apparent reason. 

I couldn't agree more lol

Here is how you fix the Philippines not letting tourist into the Philippines.

The USA just bans anyone from Philippines from coming to the USA, except diplomats and spouses/sibling of US Citizens.

That would fix the Philippines from trying to ban US tourist.   You have to admit Philippines as a country is very discrimatory and practice widespread discrimination.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Here is how you fix the Philippines not letting tourist into the Philippines.

The USA just bans anyone from Philippines from coming to the USA, except diplomats and spouses/sibling of US Citizens.

That would fix the Philippines from trying to ban US tourist.   You have to admit Philippines as a country is very discrimatory and practice widespread discrimination.  

Well, one would think. Except that Dirty, er I mean Duterte is very immature and retaliatory while also liking to take things and crank it up to 1,000,000 and based off of previous experience he would probably just threaten to impose a Perm. ban on USC's altogether or permanently sell the PH off to the chinese as some kind of personal transaction, as if he owns the place lol. 

As with most countries experiencing crisis and turmoil and the citizens having long since wanted things to dramatically change and wanting some semblance of security and safety; the PH's choose a leader who is very impetuous and fly's by the seat of his pants, boasting big claims and with a personal ego out the ears. 

I am sure there is some way to get through to him and facilitate what you are speaking about, but then again at the same time I am sure the US Gov. does not care enough and never will about USC to PH entry, to where they will not do a thing about it.

Edited by Cody&Razely

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.