Jump to content
mandajoy98

K1 Holder waiting for Australian Exemption

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello! 
 

my fiance has a flight due for June 16 2020 from Brisbane (Australia) to Raleigh, NC through Qatar airlines. His K1 visa expires in August and was wondering if any other aussie visa holders have gotten approval from the Australian government to fly!?! We got a response from them saying they needed more evidence so we sent everything we could possible including joint credit card accounts, wedding deposits, citizen proof etc. I am just so nervous that he wont hear a response before his flight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mandajoy98 said:

Hello! 
 

My fiancé has a flight due for June 16, 2020 from Brisbane (Australia) to Raleigh, NC through Qatar airlines. His K1 visa expires in August and was wondering if any other aussie visa holders have gotten approval from the Australian government to fly!?! We got a response from them saying they needed more evidence so we sent everything we could possibly including joint credit card accounts, wedding deposits, citizen proof etc. I am just so nervous that he won't hear a response before his flight. 

You say you have a visa and it expires but latter in your posting you say you responded to the embassy with additional evidence which has me confused. Does he have a visa in hand? If not, then you need to continue to wait a bit longer. If you are referring to the NOA3 expiring, it already has expired because you are still waiting on the visa to be issued.

 

We need a little more clarification so we can help. Find your sub-forum for your region where others are having the same discussion.

 

Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You say you have a visa and it expires but latter in your posting you say you responded to the embassy with additional evidence which has me confused. Does he have a visa in hand? If not, then you need to continue to wait a bit longer. If you are referring to the NOA3 expiring, it already has expired because you are still waiting on the visa to be issued.

 

We need a little more clarification so we can help. Find your sub-forum for your region where others are having the same discussion.

 

Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

I believe OP is referring not to the US embassy, but to the government of AUS in their request for a travel exemption.  Aussies are not allowed to travel outside of the country at the moment without permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, mandajoy98 said:

Hello! 
 

my fiance has a flight due for June 16 2020 from Brisbane (Australia) to Raleigh, NC through Qatar airlines. His K1 visa expires in August and was wondering if any other aussie visa holders have gotten approval from the Australian government to fly!?! We got a response from them saying they needed more evidence so we sent everything we could possible including joint credit card accounts, wedding deposits, citizen proof etc. I am just so nervous that he wont hear a response before his flight. 

There's been some lengthy discussion in this thread about it -> 

 

 

 

There's a lot of pages, however most of the discussion about getting the travel exemption has been in the last 5-7 pages from memory....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Like @Entheos mentioned a few of us have been able to get our waiver but it’s usually taken several attempts. I received 3 rejections and someone else had over 10! The current trend seems to be that approvals are given only one or two days before the date of departure listed on your request. You can try changing the exemption category that you’re applying under. Some have gotten it under urgent personal business while others have gotten it under compassionate grounds. It’s a pretty broken process and I just recommend that you keep trying! The evidence I used was copy of Visa, resignation letter from my job, shipping invoices for my boxes, pet relocation invoice and proof I cancelled my private health insurance. Good luck!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 12:11 PM, Greenbaum said:

You say you have a visa and it expires but latter in your posting you say you responded to the embassy with additional evidence which has me confused. Does he have a visa in hand? If not, then you need to continue to wait a bit longer. If you are referring to the NOA3 expiring, it already has expired because you are still waiting on the visa to be issued.

 

We need a little more clarification so we can help. Find your sub-forum for your region where others are having the same discussion.

 

Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

As said in original post, he has his K1 visa and has been issued it since February and it it will be expiring this summer. Hence, the question asking specifically if any aussie travelers have had any issues with the Australian government, not the US embassy about flying. We have already gone through the entire process through the US government now we are facing an obstacle with the Australian Government. I appreciate your help, however didn't not mean for the confusion I may have caused, but just trying to find out other peoples experiences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...