mety

I got RFE for I-130 process for my Mother

19 posts in this topic

I Applied for I-130 Application for my mother on Dec, 2019 and got RFE yesterday because of  my Birth certificate not timely registered .

As such additional information and evidence required regarding your birth to establish the claimed biological relationship.

My birth was not registered in the hospital just like any baby born during my time.

During my time there was no law requirement to register newborn.

I don’t know what kind of letter or document I have to provide and where Is the appropriate local office that provide this kind of explanation letter or certificate.

1)      Is there anybody here that had to go through this and do u have any sample letter about the late birth certificate registration letter I can look at? It could be from anywhere in the world

2)      As they encouraged DNA test I am about to start the DNA test process ASAP but due to COVID-19 the USA Emabassy in Ethiopia closed for unknown  time  and Do I have to call USCIS and let them know that or what should I do? please help 

Thank you 

Rfe.jpeg

15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Helps to know what country this is dealing with as those people can best tell you what they may have had to do

OP says Ethiopia in the text of the post.

3 hours ago, mety said:

I Applied for I-130 Application for my mother on Dec, 2019 and got RFE yesterday because of  my Birth certificate not timely registered .

As such additional information and evidence required regarding your birth to establish the claimed biological relationship.

My birth was not registered in the hospital just like any baby born during my time.

During my time there was no law requirement to register newborn.

I don’t know what kind of letter or document I have to provide and where Is the appropriate local office that provide this kind of explanation letter or certificate.

1)      Is there anybody here that had to go through this and do u have any sample letter about the late birth certificate registration letter I can look at? It could be from anywhere in the world

2)      As they encouraged DNA test I am about to start the DNA test process ASAP but due to COVID-19 the USA Emabassy in Ethiopia closed for unknown  time  and Do I have to call USCIS and let them know that or what should I do? please help 

Thank you 

Rfe.jpeg

They know the embassies are closed. I’d suggest starting the dna process as soon as you can anyway. There is some non-contact work still going on at the embassies. No need to delay. 

The types of documentation available for secondary evidence are often specific to the country, and if it was normal for births not to be registered at that time then you can be sure many have faced this issue. Is there a local immigration forum or maybe Facebook page (for Ethiopians in the US, or similar) you can ask on? 

I couldn’t find local forum about similar case but the good news is USCIS are allowing late replies received in response to requests.

For people you have received a request or notice from them with an issue date from March 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020 so i have time to figure out 

Thank you  for helping

On 6/4/2020 at 4:44 AM, Lucy L said:

My mom got this letter too. My brother birth’s registered 2 years after actual

birth. We just wrote them the letter explain the reason. We provided photos, residency record, school records, and a letter from neighbor. Still waiting for the response from USCIS

Did you have to notarized the letter or you just sign on it ? Do you have the sample letter that you wrote if you don`t mind sharing please so than i can have some idea what to write ?

Thank you in advance

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, jerry123 said:

hi mety how did it go my brother has the same case " late birth certificate registration" can u give me advice 

We provide them as many supporting documents as we can to show them the biological relationship between my mother and I

- A letter from (My country vital registration office ) explaining the late birth registration.

- Affidavit letter

- letter from the city administration court attesting she is my mother

- Photographs

- Old ID Card of myself and my mother showing the same address

- School record (letter) showing my mother name

- And DNA but they approved us before the DNA result, they didn`t even wait until the  DNA result .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.