41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
weve used this one before to go to syria.

www.wholesale-fares.com

Donaal I cheecked this site, which came up with a great price, but not until I read the fine print, did I find out tax and fees not included, so it turned to be to more in the end. Plus a rep has to contact you and no eTickets... hmmm I will call them tomorow to figure out the finale pricing for Alger.I am curious.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

www.wholesale-fares.com

Donaal I cheecked this site, which came up with a great price, but not until I read the fine print, did I find out tax and fees not included, so it turned to be to more in the end. Plus a rep has to contact you and no eTickets... hmmm I will call them tomorow to figure out the finale pricing for Alger.I am curious.

do they even have etickets for international flights? ive never got etickets any of the times ive gone overseas.

anyway yes u have to call them for the prices but they still had the cheapest ones around when hassan went last sept. even after fees and taxes.

also the earlier u book the cheaper it is with them. the first time i called them they gave me a really nice price but hassan is a procrastonator and made me wait to book until like a week or two in advance and the price went up.

Edited by donnaal

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good morning! Well I found this one but i have emailed the tour company for more information because there is like a forced overnight in between and when i look at the flights involved, i see the flights work connecting thru without having to stop in London on the outbound -i will try to verify this further for you. Anyways, again thru a Canadian tour operator, the price including taxes at todays exchange rate would be APPROXIMATE US DOLLARS $ 1379.70

CLOSEST DATES WERE THIS:

VIRGIN AIR 16JULY NEW YORK/LONDON DEPART 1845PM ARRIVE 0635AM +

BRITISH MIDLANDS 18JULY ?? LONDON/RIYADH DEPART 1145AM ARRIVE 2015PM

*** VIRGIN RUNS DAILY FLIGHTS NEW YORK TO LONDON -SO IT SHOULD ALSO WORK ON THE 17JULY LEAVING INSTEAD -TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY THIS ISNT SHOWING THAT CONNECTION WITH THE TOUR OPERATOR - WHEN THEY REPLY TO ME, ILL HOPEFULLY ADD MORE HERE

BRITISH MIDLANDS 14OCT RIYADH/LONDON DEPART 0210A ARRIVE 0700AM

VIRGIN AIR 14OCT LONDON/NEW YORK DEPART 0930AM ARRIVE 1210NOON

* PS Hi Henia! How are you doing!! I heard the weather is quite hot in Algerie these days! My husband has been grumbling about it! lol! I wish i could be there right now too, its been raining non stop here where i am

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Well Jess figuring you before bought one-ways and the fact that ticket prices are adjusted the currency you are buying it in (example: ticket I back from DZ was much much cheaper then the one I bought to) ... and that now is summer peak season and you plan to return in yet another peak season Ramadan/Eid... $1500 is about what I would except. Try having your husband look for prices there. They could be slightly less. But I would not except much. Also try some off-beat airlines like Turkis airways. Or look for Omra packages. Also adjusting your days so you fly in and out on either Tuesday or Thursday on red-eye flights could save you money as well. Let us know!

Also totally OT but let us know how you imagine life in KSA or your stay? Are you going to niqaab I wonder... KSA is alot different then NYC or even Leban.

hey thanks for the advice on when to look for tickets :)

Geo lived in KSA for 7-8yrs before he came to america even. He has lots of friends there as well as some family. his sisters husband lives and works there and she too lived there until her girls needed to go to high school and college so she moved back to lebanon.....her youngest is getting ready to graduate college the 30th so she may be going back to Saudi to live with her husband again....dunno.......but anyway yes i have to cover, and wear a head scarf. i was told by the embassy here i did tell me as an american i dont need to cover my hair but to wear modest clothes. but i dont want to stick out so i will cover. not a big deal for me. we arent the type really that has to go to church every sunday so as far as us being Christian, that really has no bearing on us living there. i respect that KSA is a total Muslim state and have no problems with that. also we dont drink much so that wont be missed a lot. the only thing Geo really misses is movie theaters because he is a total movie buff, but its okay, we will have lots to do to pass time. and lots of gatherings in his friends compounds and his brother in laws house. other times i will just enjoy my down time with my husband. ill keep myself busy by learning to cook, using the net, talking with my son, and watchin tv, ohhhhhhhhhhhh and smooooooooooooooooookin hooooookah!!! lol anyway thats about it :dance::dance:

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
Good morning! Well I found this one but i have emailed the tour company for more information because there is like a forced overnight in between and when i look at the flights involved, i see the flights work connecting thru without having to stop in London on the outbound -i will try to verify this further for you. Anyways, again thru a Canadian tour operator, the price including taxes at todays exchange rate would be APPROXIMATE US DOLLARS $ 1379.70

CLOSEST DATES WERE THIS:

VIRGIN AIR 16JULY NEW YORK/LONDON DEPART 1845PM ARRIVE 0635AM +

BRITISH MIDLANDS 18JULY ?? LONDON/RIYADH DEPART 1145AM ARRIVE 2015PM

*** VIRGIN RUNS DAILY FLIGHTS NEW YORK TO LONDON -SO IT SHOULD ALSO WORK ON THE 17JULY LEAVING INSTEAD -TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY THIS ISNT SHOWING THAT CONNECTION WITH THE TOUR OPERATOR - WHEN THEY REPLY TO ME, ILL HOPEFULLY ADD MORE HERE

BRITISH MIDLANDS 14OCT RIYADH/LONDON DEPART 0210A ARRIVE 0700AM

VIRGIN AIR 14OCT LONDON/NEW YORK DEPART 0930AM ARRIVE 1210NOON

* PS Hi Henia! How are you doing!! I heard the weather is quite hot in Algerie these days! My husband has been grumbling about it! lol! I wish i could be there right now too, its been raining non stop here where i am

thank you. if the dates are different id rather go back instead of forward. the 15th is the latest id like to leave :) thanks for chkin this out for me tho!! id even leave from EWR if it were cheaper, chances are it wont be tho.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

www.wholesale-fares.com

when i put in jfk-ruh with any dates it tells me the fare is unavailiable. sooooooo back to the drawin board. but yes i will take 1580 if i gotta, of course. i will ask him about chkin there. i know there are etickets, i had one when i flew from beirut to ny in april. and then when i flew ny to beirut in jan.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

are u sure covering your hair will be enough? when my husband and his ex lived there thats all she would do and the religious police would give them a hard time when they went out. they want everything covered. it was almost getting unbearable for him to take her anywhere cuz she refused to wear the black cape thing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I happened to be reading the US State Department warnings about foreign countries the other day (I was doing some research on a country I had heard about) and saw there was an updated warning about KSA on June 14th. I immediately thought of you. Take care.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

yea i have to wear the Abaya too, and cover my hair...its not a big deal for me :)

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
are u sure covering your hair will be enough? when my husband and his ex lived there thats all she would do and the religious police would give them a hard time when they went out. they want everything covered. it was almost getting unbearable for him to take her anywhere cuz she refused to wear the black cape thing.

Actually women are required to wear the niqaab there. Religious police are out, that is for sure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Actually women are required to wear the niqaab there. Religious police are out, that is for sure.

In Riyadh I think that the niqaab wearing is more enforced than Jeddah (where my parents live). In the 20+ years that my parents have lived in Jeddah (I was there for 14) my mom has never worn the niqaab and has never been approached by the 'religious police'. Come to think of it, don't think I ever saw them when I lived there either :lol: . Being the capital, I think Riyadh tends to enforce the rules more than other cities. I have heard 'religious police' horror stories from friends who went to Riyadh.

Just my experience.

Zee :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

In Riyadh I think that the niqaab wearing is more enforced than Jeddah (where my parents live). In the 20+ years that my parents have lived in Jeddah (I was there for 14) my mom has never worn the niqaab and has never been approached by the 'religious police'. Come to think of it, don't think I ever saw them when I lived there either :lol: . Being the capital, I think Riyadh tends to enforce the rules more than other cities. I have heard 'religious police' horror stories from friends who went to Riyadh.

Just my experience.

Zee :)

It may vary city to city. I am not sure. But for sure in Riyadh the rules are inforced. After their first menstrual cycle, women must cover their entire body in a long black cloak (abaaya) as according to tradition.Failing to do so results in severe punishment.

Timeline

my husbands sister and neices lived there manny mmannny years and only are required to wear the black robe-Abaya and a head scarf. since they arent Saudi nationals. they have always lived in Riyadh there.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

13JULY NEW YORK/LONDON VIRGIN ATLANTIC DEPART 1845PM ARRIVE 0635AM+

14JULY LONDON/RIYADH BRITISH MIDLANDS DEPART 1145AM ARRIVE 2015PM

14OCT RIYADH/LONDON BRITISH MIDLANDS DEPART 0210AM ARRIVE 0700AM

14OCT LONDON/NEW YORK VIRGIN ATLANTIC DEPART 0930AM ARRIVE 1210PM

APPROXIMATE FARE AT TODAY'S EXCHANGE RATE - US DOLLARS - $ 1337.96 -fare subject to daily exchange rate on actual date of ticketing blah blah blah

Maximum stay 12months -changes permitted USD 200.00 per change -subject to availability on date wanting to be changed.

* When I went further into the booking engine it looks like there might be a courier charge because these 2 airlines arent eticketable together -it would have to be a paper ticket -i can verify this tomorrow if you want more info. They didnt return my call yet :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.