Daneandkathy

I-751 April 2020 - did not receive receipt of notice

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey all

We applied for my husbands I-751, it was received on April 22nd and according to the USCIS website it says: 

On April 22, 2020, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 22, 2020, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

However, we never received the receipt of notice on and on May 22nd I called as instructed. The lady said that we would have to check online and follow instructions, I explained that is exactly what I did. She then said I could email the lockbox to have the letter resent (emailed but not reply yet). Finally when I pointed out that according to the USCIS website it is currently taking 14mths to process I-751 and yet we are only allowed to apply 90days before the expiration of the green card, she said we would need to make an appointment to have an adit stamp however they are not taking appointments right now. We have until July 17th.

Has anyone else run into this or have any advice for us? Also does anyone know if there is a charge for the ADIT stamp and interview? 

Thanks all

Kathy and Dane 

I filed April 17th and no NOA. Check out the April filers group to stay updated. There is a bunch of us who are all in the same boat. Customer service is the worst! I had spoke to a lady who had no idea what the extension letter was. You can file for a non delivery of notice. 
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

but you have to wait 30 days before you can do that. I have emailed both and USCIS told me to email lockbox (even though I did this). You might be lucky as there was one person who got their resent straight from USCIS using the form above. But not all of have been as lucky. Don’t worry... we are all in this with you! 

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. I hate to say that I am happy to hear others are in the same boat, but at least it does ease my stress level a bit. 

I spoke to a friend from Estonia who had to file the same forms back in 2017, she said she never received the NOA either and a month after her green card had actually expired she went into the office and got the extension stamp. She has had to do that 3 times now as the 10yr green card has never physically arrived. 

The ironic thing is we can apply for citizenship next July and most likely won't have the new green card before that.... 

THanks again for the support

Kathy and Dane 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Do you mind explaining how you figured out your case number online if you never received your NOA? Was that given to you on the phone? I sent my package on April 22nd and a week ago I received a letter saying a biometrics appointment won't be necessary since they'll be using the one from two years ago, but I haven't received the NOA as of today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, thatawfulwait said:

Do you mind explaining how you figured out your case number online if you never received your NOA? Was that given to you on the phone? I sent my package on April 22nd and a week ago I received a letter saying a biometrics appointment won't be necessary since they'll be using the one from two years ago, but I haven't received the NOA as of today.

if u dont mind me asking did you come on CR1 or AOS?

Timeline
2 hours ago, thatawfulwait said:

I included the form for text and email alerts. Once the forms were received they sent me a text with a receipt number. Then you can check case status online. I have not received our paper NOA, seems like most people haven't. I also sent mine around your time and we never received anything about biometrics. I have emailed the lockbox support and sent in a request for notice not received online. So far nothing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.