Mario + Maxine

NOA1 never received via mail in Singapore

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

My fiance and I are both living in Singapore and sent the I-129F form in late January. I saw that the check was cashed, but we still hadn't received our NOA1 by late February, so we called USCIS and they confirmed that they received the application and it was processing. When we told them we hadn't received the NOA1, they said they don't send mail to non-US addresses. However, they gave us the case number, which confirms that they received our form on February 10th so we didn't think much of it (the case has not progressed since then). 

Now that we are starting to see some NOA2s sent to applications submitted in Feb, we are tuning back in. After looking around the forums, it seems that NOAs can be received at non-US addresses. It doesn't seem that we need a copy of our NOA1, but I'm concerned about receiving the NOA2 as we will need that later in the process. Does anyone have experience with not receiving notices and any advice on how we can ensure receipt of the NOA2 to our address in Singapore?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Have you checked if your case has been approved by using the WAC number?

We have been keeping tabs with our case number on the USCIS site with the WAC number and the status hasn't changed since late Feb. It just says that it's processing and that they sent the NOA (which we never received).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mario + Maxine said:

We have been keeping tabs with our case number on the USCIS site with the WAC number and the status hasn't changed since late Feb. It just says that it's processing and that they sent the NOA (which we never received).

I dont think USCIS sends slow mail abroad.....text messages maybe byt not sure about mails....this is were c/o comes in handy.....maybe you can advise USCIS of an address change using a c/o address for a family or friend in the USA (preferable someone that does not plan to move apartments in a year at least).....Your NOA2 is very important as you need it for AOS ....if you dont receive it and file to get another one from USCIS, it cost money.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I dont think USCIS sends slow mail abroad.....text messages maybe byt not sure about mails....this is were c/o comes in handy.....maybe you can advise USCIS of an address change using a c/o address for a family or friend in the USA (preferable someone that does not plan to move apartments in a year at least).....Your NOA2 is very important as you need it for AOS ....if you dont receive it and file to get another one from USCIS, it cost money.

I second this. I will look for it, but I know I read somewhere, I think on the USCIS website, that they will not send any correspondence to a foreign address. You will get emails and text messages. This could be a issue down the line, as you will need the actual 797c notices to file other petitions down the line. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

• NOA1 is not used for anything nor for any process after it's been issued. So, no need to be concerned about having this document.
  • The NOA2 is not needed for the AOS processing. I have yet to find any or be informed of that stature or requirement. If you don't receive a NOA2 and wish to have a copy, then make a InfoPass appointment with your local US USCIS office and they can print one while you are there at no charge. 
  • I agree with @Sparkle Sparkle and set yourself up with an "in care of" (C/O) receipt located here in the states. You can use anyone but insure they are not moving within the next year as Sparkle has stated.
  • USICS does not send mail to a foreign address as most times it does not arrived because of the mediocre quality of the recipient's home country. The petitioner will receive everything during the process up to the Embassy so it's important that you put safeguards in place to receive mail in the USA.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.