Vbreezy

NVC stage civil documents.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, NikLR said:

so you're using a visa service that is asking for things that aren't needed.  gotcha. 

We are new to this process, like almost everyone else and are learning as we go. We question document requests from Boundless if they are either not  required or we don't believe they are a linking document, a secondary source document, to validate a required document. The linking documents may reduce the chances of receiving an RFE. The BC could be used to link my required tax information, since I claim her as a dependent and her father, my ex, is named in the divorce decree that we submitted, which is required. 

1 hour ago, Beckybell said:

We are new to this process, like almost everyone else and are learning as we go. We question document requests from Boundless if they are either not  required or we don't believe they are a linking document, a secondary source document, to validate a required document. The linking documents may reduce the chances of receiving an RFE. The BC could be used to link my required tax information, since I claim her as a dependent and her father, my ex, is named in the divorce decree that we submitted, which is required. 

Still not needed.  The NVC and consulate pretty much takes your word on it for household size provided your tax return matches up. They don't need to know the names of the children in the household. The CO is more likely to question if your family has met your husband and their names, than birth certificates of USC children of the petitioner

edit regardless, you're using a service and when you do that, you have to give them what they ask for even if it's the kitchen sink.  

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
19 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Still not needed.  The NVC and consulate pretty much takes your word on it for household size provided your tax return matches up. They don't need to know the names of the children in the household. The CO is more likely to question if your family has met your husband and their names, than birth certificates of USC children of the petitioner

edit regardless, you're using a service and when you do that, you have to give them what they ask for even if it's the kitchen sink.  

It seemed odd to us, but also with the other explanation made sense. Thank you for clarifying. 

Timeline
On 6/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Troy B said:

I don't think there is clear answer to how long the process takes.   Per NVC Timeframes

they are still we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 14-FEB-2020.

Though per the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports forum,  some people from past that date have become DQ.

Thank you for the message TroyB, the NVC Timeframes link was really helpful. 

Timeline
On 6/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Troy B said:

I don't think there is clear answer to how long the process takes.   Per NVC Timeframes

they are still we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 14-FEB-2020.

Though per the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports forum,  some people from past that date have become DQ.

Thank you for the message Troy B, the NVC Timeframes link was really helpful. 

Timeline
On 5/29/2020 at 12:46 PM, pushbrk said:

I've been around here about 15 years and have never heard of a birth certificate for a non-immigrating child of a spouse visa applicant being required for their parent or step parent's immigration visa case at NVC.  Context is King here.  If this is the natural child of petitioner and beneficiary, then the birth certificate is excellent evidence of relationship to be included with the I-130 filing.  It is not required, unless specifically asked for in an RFE, but a great idea.  In this case, it is the child of the beneficiary, who is NOT immigrating.  If immigrating the child's BC would be uploaded as part of their own visa application.

Read the thread on this post- K1 Visa denied due to BC issues for children

@dwheels76 maybe you can shed some light on this weirdness?

USC child birth certificate? Non-immigrating child birth certificate required?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, Beyonce and JZ said:

Read the thread on this post- K1 Visa denied due to BC issues for children

I said I never heard of this in a spouse visa case.  K1 is not a spouse visa.  However, Lagos is unique in many ways.  Neither the case circumstances or actual reasons for the visa denial were disclosed in the linked thread, but I surmise/suspect there was a relationship or other eligibility issue related to a prior marriage which may or may not have been disclosed or properly documented with the petition.  Sounds like the Consular Officer already had a copy of the birth certificate that influenced her decision.

Note one major difference in a K1 case from a CR1 or IR1 is that granting the K-1 visa grants the right for the underage children to be issued visas within a year of the parent's visa without any petition being filed for them.  No such thing with an immigrant spouse visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.