13 posts in this topic

Hi all. My husband and i submitted paperwork back in March for the I-130 and 485. It was rejected due to an outdated form. We have submitted everything on April 27th and arrived at the lockbox on the 29th. We have not gotten the NOA1 yet and i called USCIS, and it’s not showing in the system yet. Will we get a new case number or will they use the one for the rejection notice? 

1 minute ago, ReneeJas said:

Hi all. My husband and i submitted paperwork back in March for the I-130 and 485. It was rejected due to an outdated form. We have submitted everything on April 27th and arrived at the lockbox on the 29th. We have not gotten the NOA1 yet and i called USCIS, and it’s not showing in the system yet. Will we get a new case number or will they use the one for the rejection notice? 

They give you a new case (receipt) number.  Been there, done that.  

As for the wait so far?  Generally it’s taking 30 days or so for a lot of cases to end up in the system.  Your mileage may vary (and I hope it does).  Regardless, calling them on the 28th/29th day since receipt and asking for the receipt numbers might be an idea too, if it comes to that.

Edited by irishoxford

3 minutes ago, irishoxford said:

They give you a new case (receipt) number.  Been there, done that.  

As for the wait so far?  Generally it’s taking 30 days or so for a lot of cases to end up in the system.  Your mileage may vary (and I hope it does).  Regardless, calling them on the 28th/29th day since receipt and asking for the receipt numbers might be an idea too, if it comes to that.

Thank you for your reply! My husband and i are in panic because he can’t get his vehicle tag renewed because his J1 expired and the Tag office needs a NOA for them to renew it. 

11 minutes ago, ReneeJas said:

Hi there...

as for the wait time, don’t worry. 
I also filed I485 with an already approved I-130 on April 27th, received with signature April 28th and we didn’t got NOA yet too ... hopefully it will arrive soon.

6 hours ago, PatrickKD said:

Hi there...

I also filed I485 with an already approved I-130 on April 27th, received with signature April 28th and we didn’t got NOA yet too ... hopefully it will arrive soon.

Let’s hope so! My husband has a job offer as an executive chef, making good money, but of course he can’t take it because he is waiting on the EAD...do you know if there is a way to get it expedited? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, PatrickKD said:

Hi there...

Us, too! We sent AOS package with an approved I-130 on 4/24, it was received by Chicago Lockbox on 4/28. Since then no news. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@PatrickKD @portorusa Hey, I have a quick question for you guys :) Since your I-130 was already approved, did you still resend the entire package (proof of bona fide relationship, etc.), or simply the I-485 + notice of I-130 approval? If the former, what difference does it make that the I-130 has already been approved?

I ask because mine is approved, my interview in Canada for April was cancelled and I'm considering doing AOS since I'm currently visiting my spouse. Trying to figure out if that'd be legal and how to go about it.

Edited by Rose__

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

@PatrickKD @portorusa Hey, I have a quick question for you guys :) Since your I-130 was already approved, did you still resend the entire package (proof of bona fide relationship, etc.), or simply the I-485 + notice of I-130 approval? If the former, what difference does it make that the I-130 has already been approved?

I ask because mine is approved, my interview in Canada for April was cancelled and I'm considering doing AOS since I'm currently visiting my spouse. Trying to figure out if that'd be legal and how to go about it.

You don’t need to prove bona fide relationship. To file for AOS in your situation is perfectly legal. Just follow the instructions to I-485 re: all the supporting documents. Make sure the form is of the latest edition. Do not forget about I-765 and I-131 as they are free to file with I-485. Good luck!

On 5/15/2020 at 8:56 AM, PatrickKD said:

Keep me updated if you receive the NOA 1 , I’ll do the same :)

I called USCIS today, and found it was rejected again. It said the I-130 was not filled out correctly. I’m so bummed about this 

I am trying to find out what we keep doing wrong. Im looking over the previous forms from the fist time, and looking over the ones we resubmitted, and I see no errors. My husband came to the Stated on a J-1 visa. We filled out the I-130/I-130a, & I-485. Im really trying to figure out if there is something we are missing. Included in the package, we sent the I-864, I-944, and the EAD and travel. The only mistake that I see that could be an issue, is where on the I-130 it asks for travel document number, and we left it blank. Were we supposed to fill in the J-1 visa here? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.