Caitlin Kennedy

Green Card notifications

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My husband and I are close to submitting the AOS package. NOA1 means that they "received it" right, nothing else? That is usually an email or text? Then is there an NOA2 again to let us know they approved to proceed to biometrics or how does that communication work for us to know "we are in the clear" to proceed to biometrics/interview? the timeline is a little different than the petition/etc. Let me know if the timeline I have below is correct.

11. Filing application For AOS Package / AOS Status    
Sent AOS Application via post    
NOA1 DATE (Received) - AOS I-485    
Biometrics: Where, When, Time    
Interview: Where, When, Time    
Green Card Approved by USCIS    
Received in mail (Permanent Residence card)    
AP + EAD Status    
NOA1 DATE (Received) - (AP 131 - Travel)    
Approved/Received in mail (AP 131 - Travel)    
NOA1 DATE (Received) - (EAD 765 - Work)    
Approved/Received in mail (EAD 765 - Work)    

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

18 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

to proceed to biometrics

They send a notice titled ASC Appointment Notice with "I485 - I765" under Case Type:

USCIS+BIOMETRIC+%2528AOS%2529+ESPIE.jpg

VJ user Sarge's timeline as an example: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=242186

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : Dallas TX
Date Filed : 2019-09-14
NOA Date : 2019-09-23
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-10-16
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date : 2020-04-03
Approved : Yes
Got I551 Stamp : No
Greencard Received: 2020-04-09
Comments : 11/7/2019 - Case is Ready To Be Scheduled for An Interview.

3/13/2020 - Case status changed to interview was scheduled.

4/17/2020 - Interview date, but your guess is as good as mine whether or not it will be cancelled due to the current situation with this virus stuff!

3/31/2020 - Interview was cancelled!!!!

4/1/2020 - Status changed back to Ready To Schedule a Interview!

4/3/2020 - Status changed to New Card Being Produced (no Interview)!!!! Hopefully this is NOT an error!!!

4/3/2020 - Status changed again today to Case was Approved!!!
what a rush.....

Received approval notice on 4/6/2020!!!!! Awaiting GC!!!!

4/7/2020 - Status changed to Card was mailed to me!!!!

4/8/2020 - Status changed to Card Was Picked Up By The USPS plus I got the tracking number

4/9/2020 - GC in hand!!!!!!

Employment Authorization Document
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-10-16
Approved Date : 2020-04-03
Date Card Received : 2020-04-09
Comments : 2019-10-16 - Case updated to show fingerprints were taken.

4/3/2020 - GC approved

4/9/2020 - GC in hand!
Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your EAD was approved in 202 days.

Advance Parole
Event Date
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method :  
Filing Instance : First
RFE(s) :  
Date Received : 2020-04-09
Comments : 2019-9-16 - Case received!

4/3/2020 - GC Approved

4/9/2020 - GC in hand!
Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your AP was approved in 202 days.

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Check out your timeline feature; it shows the steps. There is no NOA2.

what you posted is correct. As you can see no NOA2

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

11 hours ago, HRQX said:

They send a notice titled ASC Appointment Notice with "I485 - I765" under Case Type:

USCIS+BIOMETRIC+%2528AOS%2529+ESPIE.jpg

VJ user Sarge's timeline as an example: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=242186

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We sent our application from USPS 5/23. We tracked it and they said it was delivered Sunday. To confirm, we get a text or email from the 1145 saying they got it in their hands, then a NO1 saying you can proceed or not proceed, then the biometrics appointment letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

We sent our application from USPS 5/23. We tracked it and they said it was delivered Sunday. To confirm, we get a text or email from the 1145 saying they got it in their hands, then a NO1 saying you can proceed or not proceed, then the biometrics appointment letter?

The NOA1 is just a receipt In the mail saying they received your I-485 application to adjust status.. That means somebody has opened the mail, (whereas your G-1145 is mostly just confirming delivery of the mail). The NOA1 will give you a receipt number. Later in the mail is a letter assigning a biometrics date, time, location.  

Edited by Wuozopo

13 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The NOA1 is just a receipt In the mail saying they received your I-485 application to adjust status.. That means somebody has opened the mail, (whereas your G-1145 is mostly just confirming delivery of the mail). The NOA1 will give you a receipt number. Later in the mail is a letter assigning a biometrics date, time, location.  

Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Thanks so much!

A little better clarification...NOA1 means it has been accepted, check deposited, file started. It doesn’t mean it’s perfect and no RFE will come, but it means you’ve officially started.

Of course they opened the mail to see your  G-1145, but it’s more of a “yes the mail arrived“ than “woohoo your file has a case number and we accepted It to begin processing.”

7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

A little better clarification...NOA1 means it has been accepted, check deposited, file started. It doesn’t mean it’s perfect and no RFE will come, but it means you’ve officially started.

Of course they opened the mail to see your  G-1145, but it’s more of a “yes the mail arrived“ than “woohoo your file has a case number and we accepted It to begin processing.”

That does help, thank you for the additional notes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.