kurang

F1 OPT, RFE sent to wrong address, no website update

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I applied for F1 OPT's employment authorization card and my case was received on February 26th 2020.

Apparently USCIS RFE'd my application on April 1st 2020, but they never updated in their website that they are requesting additional evidence for my EAD i-765 application.
The worst case happen, the RFE mail never enter into my mail-box (I called them and informed them about this, and they told me they send the RFE mail to wrong address........), so I never had any idea about this whole RFE situation (I constantly check my case status and it only says 'received' until now).

Luckily I called them yesterday and only then did USCIS staff directly inform me that my application has been RFE'd. I have been requesting them to send the RFE through e-mail instead. I called them 4 times, and the last call the staff mentioned it could take from 15-days to 30 days for the RFE request to be processed, so until now I still have no clue what additional documents that USCIS wanted from me to continue processing my case

I have a job offer that starts in June 8th, I have already contacted the company but this entire situation still makes me feel uneasy and I will like to expedite the case if possible.

Can anyone here please share advice on expediting the process? I really need all the help I could get right now

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.