Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, libgirl0805 said:

I am so glad I found this forum. I filed my N400 May 7, 2020, received biometrics reuse Feb 2021 and it's been stagnant since then. I filed FOIA today requesting A-File so fingers crossed my case moves soon. 

Foia works wonders. Hopefully you’ll see the case change gears once foia req is fulfilled. I filed around same time as you and it was hard stuck for many many months until foia. 

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

After maybe 30 mins with the officer this morning in Des Moines, my application has been "recommended for approval"! 

So, a little more waiting to find out when I have to attend the oath ceremony. Sad that I couldn't have it same day, but in Iowa, I get they'd want to have a big group before doing the ceremony.

I had my interview yesterday and my application was approved. I was in the middle of my interview when the last oath of the day was taking place so will have to wait a bit more until they schedule me to comeback.

Anyways, I’m just so relieved this will be over very soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/18/2022 at 3:23 PM, magentahaze said:

After maybe 30 mins with the officer this morning in Des Moines, my application has been "recommended for approval"! 

So, a little more waiting to find out when I have to attend the oath ceremony. Sad that I couldn't have it same day, but in Iowa, I get they'd want to have a big group before doing the ceremony.

4 hours ago, MKT3121 said:

I had my interview yesterday and my application was approved. I was in the middle of my interview when the last oath of the day was taking place so will have to wait a bit more until they schedule me to comeback.

Anyways, I’m just so relieved this will be over very soon.

Congratulations !

Hail to the FOIA!

Attended my naturalization ceremony in Boston. They switched back to allowing massive events and there were 93 people naturalizing and about 40 people who were friends and family tagging along (although this was not officially allowed). The whole thing took almost 3 hours! They first herded everyone in a very long line to collect green cards and allow oath-takers to enter a big hall where the oath ceremony was to be held. This took about an hour. When the judge finally entered the hall, people were already on edge, there was a relived and loud "oh yes" (or may be "oyez" which was kind of funny for the court clerk :) )

Aside from masked derision towards Russian applicants and Mexican applicants with 10+ names, USCIS staff was friendly, apolitical, and helpful as they presented naturalization certificates to new citizens. 

Overall, good event, I am glad that this is over. 

After the ceremony i filed an N-600 for my kid AND also filed a FOIA request to retrieve the kid's A-file. I am interested to see how FOIA plays out with N-600. 

Edited by Libertate

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... and who will not become a public charge!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, everyone... Today I received my oath ceremony date! 

Thursday June 23rd 

Back to Des Moines, which is a 2.5hr drive for me, so we'll probably make a day of it. 

So close! 

Just want to say a big "Thank you!" to everyone here for all their help through my entire journey. 🥹

Well, everyone... Today I received my oath ceremony date! 

Thursday June 23rd 

Back to Des Moines, which is a 2.5hr drive for me, so we'll probably make a day of it. 

So close! 

Just want to say a big "Thank you!" to everyone here for all their help through my entire journey. 🥹

Hi, it's me again! The FOIA is a life saver, FINALLY received notice for my interview.

Timeline:

- N400 submitter- May 6, 2020

- Biometrics reuse notice - Feb, 2021

*dead silence until I found this forum*

- Submitted FOIA requesting A-File on April 13, 2022

- Interview notice- April 25, 2022

Interview scheduled for 5/31. I'm greatful  

Hi

my wife and my step daughter applied with me on May 2020, Feb 2021 biometrics. Radio silence since then. Submitted FOIA last March. They got their interviews appointment in stage 2 and 3 of FOIA. Interviews this and next week for each one of them. However no news in mine. FOIA went to stage 4 and got a communication about being in final FOIA step. But no news about anything else. 

anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally done with my citizenship journey.

We had a big naturlization ceremony at the Brooklyn cyclones stadium today. There were about 15-20 Judges present and over 200 new citizens from 60+ countries plus cops in ceremonial uniforms. There was also a high school band and two new citizens selected to speak about their citizenship journey. It was an emotional and heart touching event. They took our green cards before we were let into the stadium seating area. I think there was a TV camera present as well if i'm not wrong.

We had to wait from 9 am till 11am while they sat everyone down and prepare. We said the oath of allegiance with right hands raised. The ceremony concluded around 12.45-1PM. Then everyone was asked to collect their naturalization certificates. We also got two tickets each for a cyclones match in coming weeks.

Took 2 years since filing but it was worth it in the end. 

Here's a photo to preserve this memory.

220503-1436-8b.jpg

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

1 hour ago, abfar said:

We had a big naturlization ceremony at the Brooklyn cyclones stadium today. There were about 15-20 Judges present and over 200 new citizens from 60+ countries plus cops in ceremonial uniforms. There was also a high school band and two new citizens selected to speak about their citizenship journey. It was an emotional and heart touching event. They took our green cards before we were let into the stadium seating area. I think there was a TV camera present as well if i'm not wrong.

We had to wait from 9 am till 11am while they sat everyone down and prepare. We said the oath of allegiance with right hands raised. The ceremony concluded around 12.45-1PM. Then everyone was asked to collect their naturalization certificates. We also got two tickets each for a cyclones match in coming weeks.

220503-1436-8b.jpg

Congrats 🎉 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, abfar said:

220503-1436-8b.jpg

Congratulations ! 

On 5/3/2022 at 1:31 AM, Aba1970 said:

Hi

my wife and my step daughter applied with me on May 2020, Feb 2021 biometrics. Radio silence since then. Submitted FOIA last March. They got their interviews appointment in stage 2 and 3 of FOIA. Interviews this and next week for each one of them. However no news in mine. FOIA went to stage 4 and got a communication about being in final FOIA step. But no news about anything else. 

anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks

Finally got the interview letter today, June 08 will have the interview. FOIA worked. But the whole process to interview took almost 2 years… so much for the 6 months USCIS says it takes to naturalize…

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.