Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oddly enough, USCIS website shows below msg instead of “pending decision”

March 4, 2022

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxx with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

before that update theres another update:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

And then it says below as last update:

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

8 minutes ago, abfar said:

Oddly enough, USCIS website shows below msg instead of “pending decision”

March 4, 2022

Many congratulations.

9 minutes ago, abfar said:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review

Yes it sounds like you are there!  When I was interviewed, I had a similar experience. The interviewing officer said I'd passed the interview, but she couldnt make the approval decision there and then as the case had to go for a quality review.

A couple of hours later my status changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled", which meant that I was fully approved and they were just trying to schedule an oath appointment.

I got my Oath ceremony letter a couple of weeks later, and then about a month later had the ceremony.

Congrats again!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

You applied as 5yrs GC holder?maybe you can upload those document in the portal now?

I applied as 3 yr marriage but 2 years passed now 😬 during process anyway 

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

Timeline
1 hour ago, whatsawotsit said:

Many congratulations.

Yes it sounds like you are there!  When I was interviewed, I had a similar experience. The interviewing officer said I'd passed the interview, but she couldnt make the approval decision there and then as the case had to go for a quality review.

A couple of hours later my status changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled", which meant that I was fully approved and they were just trying to schedule an oath appointment.

I got my Oath ceremony letter a couple of weeks later, and then about a month later had the ceremony.

Congrats again!

The emotional roller coaster continues. Now it says cancelled 😞 

March 4, 2022

Status

Oath Ceremony Cancelled

Spoiler

Timeline
On 2/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, MKT3121 said:

I figured out why my interview was scheduled and canceled in the same day. They uploaded both receipt notices to my account. Apparently they scheduled my interview in the same day they sent me the notice. That's why they cancelled it immediately.

Also, In my interview notice it says I need to bring my green card with me. However, last year, when I got an I-551 stamp on my passport to be able to travel after my green card expired they kept my green card. Anyone had that happen? I'm not sure what to do about it.

I'm not sure I understand this part. Could you please explain why you think the cancellation took place?

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, abfar said:

I'm not sure I understand this part. Could you please explain why you think the cancellation took place?

They sent me a notice for the interview on Feb 4. In the notice, it said my interview was scheduled for that same day. This leads me to believe that’s the reason why they cancelled it immediately. Obviously I’m just guessing at this point. I have no way to know for sure.

Edited by MKT3121

11 hours ago, abfar said:

Oath ceremony gets scheduled after couple of days or perhaps week after the notice. In some cases, the computer or whatever schedules the ceremony on the same day of notice, which is impossible to attend unless the applicant is right there inside the building. 

Hi Folks . Today my wife and I passed interview !!They allowed us to get in 15 min prior to interview timing for check in ( cell phone were allowed ) . I had to wait 30 min to be called . Once officer called my name they had a small oath followed by civic testing . I applied in 5 yr GC category . They only asked me
GC,DL, passport nothing else. They asked 6 civic questions , a simple sentence to write and another one liner to read . It took 5 minutes . Then Officer went through N-400 form ( bunch of YES/NO) I think it’s section 12 in N-400. Since I changed my state of residence she had to update that in the system . Followed by Bunch of simple questions about wife and kids( name DOB). She asked few basic questions on last out of country travel( not specifically dates of travel though) Once everything was completed , I had to sign the changes and corrections. Besides a initial wait of 30 min the actual interview process took 15 min only . I was asked if I need to change my name or anything and she can add in portal( seems that is an option ). Finally I was told I passed my interview and she is forwarding for oath ceremony . I was given a letter of interview pass check and congrats to oath message check.
Norfolk , Va doesn’t offer same day Oath .She said oath details will be mailed in a month time!
Extremely relieved 😅! Wishing you all good luck for those waiting . It’s just matter of time, hold tight 🙌🏻 Everyone will be citizen 😊
There was no A-file drama They did not ask anything.  A-file was uploaded after some 50 days of FOIA filing,
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and comments  :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news today - I FINALLY have an interview date!

April 18th - Des Moines, IA

My FOIA is still on step 3 (6576 in the queue) but it must've triggered something.

Filed online May 6th 2020

Biometrics Reuse notice Jan 20th 2021

Filed FOIA Feb 8th 2022

Interview Scheduled Mar 8th 2022

I'm so happy! At least I have a month to prepare and gather up a few more things.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Sam713, thank you again for sharing the FOIA tip with everyone here. Today I finally became a US citizen. Without you I would still be waiting. No doubt! Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.