1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

We had our interview in Fresno ca today. officer told us he was recommending for  approval. 30 min after leaving case status updated to new card being produced. will be 10 year green card.

our interview:
got to our appointment an hour early had to wait until 15 minutes before to go in through security. got called back 10 min later. didn’t get asked any questions only reviewing everything on the 485 and 130. I took a whole folder of evidence and pictures he didn’t even look at just wanted the updated financials and birth certificate for our new baby. 

hope everyone gets their interviews soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone - we are preparing for our interview, which is scheduled on May 18. I know this has been discussed throughout VJ, but wanted to see if any of you had encountered issues with your DS-3025 vaccination records, since the new COVID vaccine requirement was put in place? My husband was a K1 visa holder and had his medical done in Oct. 2019. We filed for AOS at the end of April 2020 - well before the medical's one-year mark. I know of an April 2020 filer who was asked to do a new medical despite meeting these same requirements, so I'm curious if anyone else was asked to do the same thing.

Right now, we're just planning to bring my husband's DS-3025 and COVID vaccination card.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Leonardo107 said:

We had our interview in Fresno ca today. officer told us he was recommending for  approval. 30 min after leaving case status updated to new card being produced. will be 10 year green card.

our interview:
got to our appointment an hour early had to wait until 15 minutes before to go in through security. got called back 10 min later. didn’t get asked any questions only reviewing everything on the 485 and 130. I took a whole folder of evidence and pictures he didn’t even look at just wanted the updated financials and birth certificate for our new baby. 

hope everyone gets their interviews soon!

Our officer said he is recommending for approval but our status still says "interview completed, case must be reviewed"  wonder what that means.  

• 2 weeks later...

So my wife and I have been waiting for 2 weeks and the status of our app still says "interview complete and case must be reviewed" 

We tried the online chat assistant but they were no help and all they said was it was being processed at the NBC.  But I don't think that is correct.  We are really confused since the agent said he would approve the application.   Anyone ever had any experience with this? 

4 hours ago, TreverR said:

So my wife and I have been waiting for 2 weeks and the status of our app still says "interview complete and case must be reviewed" 

We tried the online chat assistant but they were no help and all they said was it was being processed at the NBC.  But I don't think that is correct.  We are really confused since the agent said he would approve the application.   Anyone ever had any experience with this? 

I don't know about your case, but I highly recommend to not talking with online or regular officer. Instead tell them that you need to talk to tier 2 agent and share with tier 2 your problem. Hopefully, it will be approved soon.

19 hours ago, Hazhartkd said:

I don't know about your case, but I highly recommend to not talking with online or regular officer. Instead tell them that you need to talk to tier 2 agent and share with tier 2 your problem. Hopefully, it will be approved soon.

Yeah we talked to them again and the next agent gave a completely different answer.  So idk whatever happening.  Guess we will just wait and see.  Just annoying you finally get to this point  the agent says I will approve this and you still end up waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. PD 05/05/2020 (though, I filed on 03/24/2022 initially and had to file again due to an issue with my documents). 

My field office is Seattle, WA.

I also reached out to the local congresswoman’s office about 1.5 month ago. (Senator’s office refused to help us for a ridiculous reason). USCIS responded and said my case was being reviewed for an interview and I should hear back from them within 60 days.

Seattle field office’s processing time is currently 25 months. (Decreased from 28 months when I checked 4-5 months ago)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, TreverR said:

So guess our field offic was just slow.  My wife's status has now been updated to new card being created!! Yaay.   

Finally! Congrats!!!

20 minutes ago, Gak said:

While waiting for my interview, I’d like to sort out my expired medical exam. It’s been 2.3 years since I did my medical. Should I re-do the exam?

This appears to be location specific. Technically, as long as you applied for I-485 within 1 year of medical it shouldn’t be required again. 

Detroit didn’t ask us to redo but a friend out of New York was told they had to do it again. Try reading location specific reviews to see what your local office has required recently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.