bobjennyhitched

I emigrated 26-04-2020 UK-US

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your experience!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 7:08 PM, MrAlba said:

Thanks for that. Enjoy your new home 😀

I’m flying early June Glasgow - Heathrow - Chicago - Cleveland so info very useful.

Excited!

Keep us updated!

wpid-1030ldr.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hey Jenny.. thank you so much for sharing your experience.

i have a flight soon to the US, I will be landing in Dallas but my final destination is Memphis. I could not find a flight in the same day so I thought of sleeping the night in the airport hotel. 
my question is would I have a problem doing that? I know they ask for self quarantine but Dallas is not my final destination and I dont want to stay for 14 days alone there (My wife will not be happy 😂)

On 6/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, LeoUSA said:

Hey Jenny.. thank you so much for sharing your experience.

i have a flight soon to the US, I will be landing in Dallas but my final destination is Memphis. I could not find a flight in the same day so I thought of sleeping the night in the airport hotel. 
my question is would I have a problem doing that? I know they ask for self quarantine but Dallas is not my final destination and I dont want to stay for 14 days alone there (My wife will not be happy 😂)

I'm not sure to be honest. I assume Dallas is one of the POE Airports? I came through Newark, NJ and the CDC asked we self-quarantine at our destination and mine was Denver, CO. I quarantined at my Denver home for two weeks. Is there an order in Dallas or is this the CDC advice?

wpid-1030ldr.gif

On 6/1/2020 at 6:26 PM, MrAlba said:

Still stuck in UK 4th flight cancellation however needed extra time to fix up and rent my flat so will rebook for mid July visa doesn’t expire until end aug.

Where are you flying from? It seems anything other than Heathrow, or going via another EU country, was getting cancelled when I flew but that was 6 weeks go now :)

My flat is currently up for sale. Thankfully my parents are helping with viewings as it was such a rush for me to get to my husband.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 1:03 PM, raj verma said:

Hi, so just an update, my wife got her ticket and she will be arrive sunday morning :) my question is how was the immigration in the US when u arrived? Any difficulties or issues?

They were fine, she will probably get "seconded" this is just where they process her information.

Did she arrive? Or is it next week!

wpid-1030ldr.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, jennywhite421 said:

Hi All, 

I'm posting my experience for everyone, so if you move during this time, you know what to expect. I posted this in a mega-thread and feel it was getting lost. I'm free for any questions. Please only positive comments as I'm only putting this out there to help.

So I moved on Sunday, this was pulled forward a couple of weeks as we didn't know if Trump would continue to change the Executive Order.

I flew from London Heathrow to Newark and then on to Denver, Colorado. At first I wasn't sure if they were going to let me fly as I had to wait for IPS (Inspection of Passport Services) to check my Visa. Note I flew on an IR1 category visa. That took half an hour, there were three people on Visa's and two of us were authorised. I learned the other person was travelling to work on a ship so his visa qualified. The check in staff are told to refer anyone who isn't already a Green Card Holder or US Citizen so don't panic. Overall, took me two hours to check in but the desk computers had also gone down!

At Heathrow, everything was closed! Except Boots and WH Smiths. There was only about 20 of us on the flight. The airlines were not serving alcohol either lol. Trolley's not being used, they just handed meals, drinks etc... out plus no ice was provided. I'm not fussy though! They also removed the pillows but they are gross anyway lol.

Landed into Newark, the Centre of Disease Controls held us onboard. We had to complete a form called the COVID-19 report, this has to be done to be let off the plane. They advise that you self isolate for 14 days, along with any household members, also if you have any symptoms to call the doctor. When you disembark, they give you a mask, if you don't have one, they will give you a medical mask when you get off the plane. The CDC take your temperature then, if it's OK, you will head to immigration.

At immigration, all the guards are wearing masks, they will ask you to take off your mask so they can ID you. I'm not sure if this next bit was normal but you may get seconded. This means taking into the back basically. I was sat there will 7 other British Citizens. My passport was given to the immigration officers behind the desk and I waited to be called. Make sure you leaving enough time to do this, it took me about 30 minutes then I had to get my luggage and re-check in etc.... I have 3 hours 40 min lay-over and had to wait a couple of hours after this, immigration won't care if you only had an hour layover. They asked me to confirm my husbands name, our wedding date and where we got married. I was processed and released.

Now, domestic flights don't seem to have many restrictions. It was a full flight from Newark to Denver. It seems the general consensus to wear your mask when you aren't eating or drinking. I popped to the bathroom to remove mine periodically as I get pretty claustrophobic in mine! I think I saw one person without a mask. Again, only non-alcoholic drinks on board! 

Landed in Denver, this was pretty normal, no checks for domestic flights. Denver was pretty closed as well except for the necessary shops. My husband wanted to plan a group at the airport but due to the pandemic, it was just him which is fine. 

I think this will be a story for our kids how mummy moved during a world crisis.

Good luck everyone! want to post this so you knew first hand what it was like if you are in a position to move.

Thank you for updating. This means I can transit via EU. So you traveled after the proclamations on a IR1 visa and ur hubby is a US citizen which is similar to my case. 

I will try to rebook another ticket. 

1 hour ago, Vani & Henry said:

Thank you for updating. This means I can transit via EU. So you traveled after the proclamations on a IR1 visa and ur hubby is a US citizen which is similar to my case. 

I will try to rebook another ticket. 

Are you a US Citizen or a Green Card holder?

wpid-1030ldr.gif

I'm not sure how

4 minutes ago, Vani & Henry said:

I have a IR1 visa which got approved in March but due to lockdown I couldn't travel. My husband is a US citizen tho 

Same as me except I came from the UK. Can you get direct flights or can you fly via the UK? The UK has quarantine rules now you might have to look into them. Sorry I can't help as I'm not sure what's happening in Mauritius.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

6 minutes ago, Vani & Henry said:

I have a IR1 visa which got approved in March but due to lockdown I couldn't travel. My husband is a US citizen tho 

I wonder if you can fly to London Heathrow and go on the United Flight LHR-Newark then onwards to wherever you are going to,

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.