os306

DCF London Updated Steps 2020

40 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

Yeah I may try that. Have you heard of cases being transferred between USCIS internationally? 

I have not.

I encountered someone else on the Britishexpats forum who was in a similar position to you: they filed their I-130 petition electronically thinking this was the DCF route, but then realised that it wasn't. They were lucky, because they realised this a few days before the London USCIS stopped accepting petitions. Therefore, they were able to complete the paper form and have it overnighted to the London office before the deadline. Unfortunately, because the London office stopped accepting new petitions from the 31st of March, I don't think this would be an option for you. You could always ask.

13 minutes ago, os306 said:

I have not.

I encountered someone else on the Britishexpats forum who was in a similar position to you: they filed their I-130 petition electronically thinking this was the DCF route, but then realised that it wasn't. They were lucky, because they realised this a few days before the London USCIS stopped accepting petitions. Therefore, they were able to complete the paper form and have it overnighted to the London office before the deadline. Unfortunately, because the London office stopped accepting new petitions from the 31st of March, I don't think this would be an option for you. You could always ask.

Did they have to pay twice? 

I know we still could submit it to London, as under military exemption they still accept I-130 forms. I think I will contact USCIS London asking for it..

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

I know we still could submit it to London, as under military exemption they still accept I-130 forms. I think I will contact USCIS London asking for it..

I'm not sure if they had to pay twice, sorry.

Yeah, it would be worth clarifying what the conditions of the exemption are. For example, in the USCIS Policy Manual (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3) for military personnel  it states "Military emergencies: A U.S. service member abroad becomes aware of a new deployment or transfer with very short notice. This exception applies in cases where the US service member is provided with exceptionally less notice than would normally be expected by most service members in his or her position."

Good luck!

13 minutes ago, os306 said:

I'm not sure if they had to pay twice, sorry.

Yeah, it would be worth clarifying what the conditions of the exemption are. For example, in the USCIS Policy Manual (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3) for military personnel  it states "Military emergencies: A U.S. service member abroad becomes aware of a new deployment or transfer with very short notice. This exception applies in cases where the US service member is provided with exceptionally less notice than would normally be expected by most service members in his or her position."

Good luck!

Thank you! Just trying to find the best contact email to USCIS London.

Has anyone here happen to know email contact address best to use when trying to contact USCIS London or IVU of the embassy? I’m trying to find in on the website but with no success. It seems to be taking me only to the contact form for The USCIS office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Dags said:

Has anyone here happen to know email contact address best to use when trying to contact USCIS London or IVU of the embassy? I’m trying to find in on the website but with no success. It seems to be taking me only to the contact form for The USCIS office.

London@uscis.dhs.gov is what google returned

YMMV

4 hours ago, os306 said:

However, given the COVID-19 pandemic, the London USCIS Field Office is currently closed and no petitions are being processed. 

Just to confirm so even if you got your petition in before 31 March, they still aren't processing any petitions? I thought they were still processing the ones that got in before or is it a full stop on everything until it opens back up? 

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I just joined today!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dags said:

We've just undergone the DCF process in Turkey, after originally filing with USCIS in February. We did have to pay twice, unfortunately, since they're two different processes.

4 hours ago, payxibka said:

London@uscis.dhs.gov is what google returned

Thanks! Found it too 🙂

I’ve also had live chat with USCIS and has been told we could try to request a transfer! Seems they’ve got jurisdictions to allow or deny it. However, they closed now and don’t process with reviewing any, so I think we will try it when they reopen again.

8 minutes ago, toothpicks said:

We've just undergone the DCF process in Turkey, after originally filing with USCIS in February. We did have to pay twice, unfortunately, since they're two different processes.

yes!if you fall under exemptions, you can file it directly with IVU in US Embassy in London. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-i-130-petitions/

2 hours ago, Gaz1a said:

Just to confirm so even if you got your petition in before 31 March, they still aren't processing any petitions? I thought they were still processing the ones that got in before or is it a full stop on everything until it opens back up? 

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I just joined today!

Hi,

The London US Embassy website states "UPDATE: As of March 17, 2020, the United States Embassy in London has suspended all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa and petition processing. We are therefore unable to accept any petition filing until we return to routine services. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a specific date at this time. If you have a visa interview appointment scheduled, the Visa Appointment Service will contact you if your appointment is being postponed."

I interpreted this to mean that they are not currently processing any I-130 petitions, even if they arrived at the Embassy before the 31st of March. I can imagine they are pretty stretched thin on the ground and are only providing emergency. services. A few of us mailed our petitions on the week of the 16th of March and have not had payment taken nor received a confirmation of receipt e-mail. Someone e-mailed USCIS to ask about this and they said it was because they currently do not have access to the Mail Room while the lockdown is in place. 

12 hours ago, os306 said:

Hi,

The London US Embassy website states "UPDATE: As of March 17, 2020, the United States Embassy in London has suspended all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa and petition processing. We are therefore unable to accept any petition filing until we return to routine services. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a specific date at this time. If you have a visa interview appointment scheduled, the Visa Appointment Service will contact you if your appointment is being postponed."

I interpreted this to mean that they are not currently processing any I-130 petitions, even if they arrived at the Embassy before the 31st of March. I can imagine they are pretty stretched thin on the ground and are only providing emergency. services. A few of us mailed our petitions on the week of the 16th of March and have not had payment taken nor received a confirmation of receipt e-mail. Someone e-mailed USCIS to ask about this and they said it was because they currently do not have access to the Mail Room while the lockdown is in place. 

Yep makes sense, thanks for the clarification. 

16 hours ago, os306 said:

Hi,

I was the one who emailed. :) This was the response I've received. 

Hello,

We are currently short staffed and not working under normal conditions due to the seriousness of COVID-19. We are unable to confirm at present that your I-130 petition was received by the Embassy Mail Room, and we are not currently in a position to process the payment and send a receipt notice.

The March 31 deadline is for I-130 petitions to be postmarked by then in order for USCIS London to accept the I-130 for adjudication. From what you stated, you posted the I-130 well before the March 31 deadline. We will process the payment and send a receipt notice once we are able to resume more normal office functions.

I also sent an email a few days ago to see if i could get an update. This was their response. So for now, everything just seems like it is on hold.

We continue to be short staffed and not working under normal conditions due to the seriousness of COVID-19. Once we are able to return to more normal operations, we will take the fee payment and email the receipt notice. Until then, you may check for updates on our operating status at the USCIS London webpages, at https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-offices/united-kingdom-uscis-london-field-office and https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/.

26 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

I was the one who emailed. :) This was the response I've received. 

Hello,

We are currently short staffed and not working under normal conditions due to the seriousness of COVID-19. We are unable to confirm at present that your I-130 petition was received by the Embassy Mail Room, and we are not currently in a position to process the payment and send a receipt notice.

The March 31 deadline is for I-130 petitions to be postmarked by then in order for USCIS London to accept the I-130 for adjudication. From what you stated, you posted the I-130 well before the March 31 deadline. We will process the payment and send a receipt notice once we are able to resume more normal office functions.

I also sent an email a few days ago to see if i could get an update. This was their response. So for now, everything just seems like it is on hold.

We continue to be short staffed and not working under normal conditions due to the seriousness of COVID-19. Once we are able to return to more normal operations, we will take the fee payment and email the receipt notice. Until then, you may check for updates on our operating status at the USCIS London webpages, at https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-offices/united-kingdom-uscis-london-field-office and https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/.

Thanks Robyn. Yes, it was you that’s emailed - there’s a few of us in the same boat so getting slightly muddled in my head about who’s done what!

When I emailed the Embassy a few weeks ago they said that they were still aiming to process petitions within 90 days (even with the COVID-19 pandemic). So, assuming there are no further disasters, if our payments are taken and we receive our notice of receipt at the beginning of June (when the London USCIS office is set to reopen) then we could be looking receiving our approvals at the beginning of September at the latest. Fingers crossed. 

21 minutes ago, os306 said:

Thanks Robyn. Yes, it was you that’s emailed - there’s a few of us in the same boat so getting slightly muddled in my head about who’s done what!

When I emailed the Embassy a few weeks ago they said that they were still aiming to process petitions within 90 days (even with the COVID-19 pandemic). So, assuming there are no further disasters, if our payments are taken and we receive our notice of receipt at the beginning of June (when the London USCIS office is set to reopen) then we could be looking receiving our approvals at the beginning of September at the latest. Fingers crossed. 

Which would actually work out good for us. We are hoping to move back the first part of 2021. Originally we were expecting to have to delay the medical and interview. If things get done by Sept that would be good for us.

Well hopefully can get back up and running as soon as possible.

My wife's job has already started so she will be moving back as soon as possible, and while I'll still be able to visit, I will need to wait around until I get my Green Card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.