38 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2020 at 10:52 AM, Khatera DS said:

Thank you so very much for sharing your story with me. I am so very sorry that your spouse went through something similar. I cannot believe that they are allowed to treat the applicants like this! 

Hey so we also applied for k1 in dec 2018 and our interview was in Islamabad Pakistan in June 2019 we were denied because the co kept asking my wife why we didn’t get married we try explaining but they told us to get married and apply again so we got married in aug 2019 and applied for cr1 and we got approved yeterday so the k1 didn’t effect cr1 case they are two different cases so good luck don’t worry 

Edited by Ajpakistan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ajpakistan said:

Hey so we also applied for k1 in dec 2018 and our interview was in Islamabad Pakistan in June 2019 we were denied because the co kept asking my wife why we didn’t get married we try explaining but they told us to get married and apply again so we got married in aug 2019 and applied for cr1 and we got approved yeterday so the k1 didn’t effect cr1 case they are two different cases so good luck don’t worry 

Congrats on your approval! USCIS told me yesterday that our case has been "noted" and we are now under an additional eight more months of review....just from USCIS alone. We filed our CR1 in September of 2019, one month after yours. My lawyer seems to think this may be an extremely long process for us..

Timeline

Hi there . I just want to add that told your husband to make FRC from nadra thats includes you and your spouse information And during NVC procedure also upload FRC . Also told him to update his NIC From nadra and change status to married. Nodays they also check through online. 

during Nvc and uscis process you should visit him because its long process and keep the travel information with your self because during interview of your husband they will ask him that how many times after marriage your wife visited pakistan.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wasim abbas said:

Hi there . I just want to add that told your husband to make FRC from nadra thats includes you and your spouse information And during NVC procedure also upload FRC . Also told him to update his NIC From nadra and change status to married. Nodays they also check through online. 

during Nvc and uscis process you should visit him because its long process and keep the travel information with your self because during interview of your husband they will ask him that how many times after marriage your wife visited pakistan.

Hi, Wasim. Thank you for your reply. I called USCIS a few days ago and they informed me that our case was "noted" and will take an additional eight months, in the USCIS stage alone. Making us over a year at the USCIS stage. 

• 4 months later...

did someone say Pakistan has 2 embassies? when i was looking through consulate office dropdown it only allowed me to pick Islamabad. Correct me if i am wrong, all Pakistanis have to interview at islamabad as there seems to be no other location they interviewing. My wife is from major city of karachi, and kinda worried she has to travel to Islamabad just for interview.  I am just understanding the process for now, soon i plan to apply for my wife. 

Khatera sorry about the horrible experience. Worst part is, you do everything right n yet there are they have right to determine one's marriage is fake/fraud/not enough evidence? 

hopefully u registered your nika nama with NADRA cuz that gets connected to your NIC) & when do due diligence marital status shows up.

Timeline
2 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

did someone say Pakistan has 2 embassies? when i was looking through consulate office dropdown it only allowed me to pick Islamabad. Correct me if i am wrong, all Pakistanis have to interview at islamabad as there seems to be no other location they interviewing. My wife is from major city of karachi, and kinda worried she has to travel to Islamabad just for interview.  I am just understanding the process for now, soon i plan to apply for my wife. 

Khatera sorry about the horrible experience. Worst part is, you do everything right n yet there are they have right to determine one's marriage is fake/fraud/not enough evidence? 

hopefully u registered your nika nama with NADRA cuz that gets connected to your NIC) & when do due diligence marital status shows up.

Yes 2 embassies but in karachi they only conduct non immigrant interviews. 
for immigrant interview person has to travel islamabad embassy . 

4 hours ago, Wasim abbas said:

Yes 2 embassies but in karachi they only conduct non immigrant interviews. 
for immigrant interview person has to travel islamabad embassy . 

No, there is only one US embassy per country.  The US embassy in Pakistan is in Islamabad.  In Karachi, there's the US Consulate General, not an embassy.  Immigrant visas to the US are processed only by the consular section at the embassy in Islamabad.

Timeline
16 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

Thank you. It was really a horrible experience indeed.. 

Yes, we did register our nikah namah with NADRA. As far as our case goes, I was told by USCIS that it may well be another year to year and a half before they make their decision. (NOA1 Sept, 2019.) 

So for now we are happily living in Pakistan. :) 

I see some folks here have already answered your question but there is only one embassy. There are consulates in both Karachi and Peshawar. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.