Blkbam

Get a police report from outside Indonesian police

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience getting a Indonesian police report from outside the country? My fiance currently lives in Taiwan and can't go back or she'll lose her job. Her mother and brother still live there but I'm not sure if she has to be physically there to obtain the report. The nvc site isn't much help in this regard. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Indonesia.html

She's from Medan which is where her mother still lives so it shouldn't be too difficult I guess. We just don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Timeline

Hey BlkBam,

Unless it has changed since 2016, you DO NOT need a police report / clearance from Indonesia Police Dept. (locally known as SKCK -- Surat Keterangan Cakap Kelakuan). It's not required and it's 100% a hassle trying to obtain one. The fact is if you know people in the department or befriend any of the "calo" (locals who hangs out in police department wearing no official uniform) you can actually pay / bribe to get one real fast; this is probably why it's not a visa requirement anymore. 

IF this regulation has changed re: Indonesia Police Clearance being required for visa application, I guess your fiance has to return home. Or perhaps contact the Indonesian Embassy in Taiwan? Not even sure if Indonesia has an embassy in Taiwan, since Taiwan does not technically has an Embassy in Indonesia. Plus with all this craziness happening with COVID-19 it is definitely add complication to any travel / logistic arrangement. 

Why don't you contact US Embassy in Jakarta? From my experience they were always reliable and respond to visa inquiry within 24-48 hour. 

Take care. Good Luck. 

Best, 

J/G

Timeline

Thanks for the info. 

I'm not sure if it's specially required. Our application is still pending but I'm trying to be proactive about what we'll need come interview time. 

I'll reach out to the embassy. Most of the research is falling on me due to her working as a nurse during what would be normal business hours there. 

Timeline

Hello, 

If this can be of help at all, and to reassure you that Indonesian Police clearance is not required please see the email I received from the US embassy during my I-129F application process below.

Good luck with your preparation and enjoy (and trust) the process. 

Take care. Stay Safe.

J/G

NOTE: This list below is true as of 16 August 2016. You may have to ask others in this forum who went through this process recently to see if there's any changes since then. 

U.S. Embassy Jakarta have received the approved I-129F. Please complete following and submit them to the embassy within 4 months.

1. Passport must be valid for 8 months or more

2. DS-160

3. Birth Certificate

4. Name change Certificate

5. Death or Divorce Decree (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

6. Military discharge, arrest, prison, court records; U.S. immigration documents

7. Police Certificate: Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more. Please note Indonesian Police Certificate is not required

8. Original Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from the Petitioner along with supporting evidence:

a. One year U.S. income tax returns 1040 and W-2 (copies are acceptable)

b. Bank statements or proof of assets

c. Letter of employment or job offer

9. Two identical passport size photographs of each applicant

10. Medical Examination result

11. Evidence of relationships (photos, cards, letters, emails, etc. )

12. Receipt for non-refundable K-1 application fee, of USD 265.00, paid in IDR at current exchange rates by cash payment at any CIMB Niaga bank in Indonesia up to six months before your appointment.  Click here for Step By Step Procedure of US Embassy Visa Fee Payment

For each document, the applicant must bring:

• Originals or original certified copies by the issuing office
  • Photocopies of the original documents
  • All documents should be accompanied by English translations

Please note :medical examination forms are available at the appointed clinic

When forms and documents completed, please send an email JakIV@state.gov to request for an interview date.

Please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter when communicating with this office.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Jakarta

Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan #5

Jakarta 10110, Indonesia

Email: JakIV@state.gov

23 hours ago, Blkbam said:

Does anyone have any experience getting a Indonesian police report from outside the country? My fiance currently lives in Taiwan and can't go back or she'll lose her job. Her mother and brother still live there but I'm not sure if she has to be physically there to obtain the report. The nvc site isn't much help in this regard. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Indonesia.html

She's from Medan which is where her mother still lives so it shouldn't be too difficult I guess. We just don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Indonesian Police Certificate is not required. (Updated as of April 2019)

Edited by mepck

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 4/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, Blkbam said:

Why would you need an indo police certificate?  They haven’t required one since at least 2011

Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 8:15 PM, Nitas_man said:

Why would you need an indo police certificate?  They haven’t required one since at least 2011

My mistake. I thought this was a forum to seek help and get answers. Like many people here I'm not anyexpert on this and since the instructions say get a report from all countries lived in more than 6 months I asked a clarifying question.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Blkbam said:

My mistake. I thought this was a forum to seek help and get answers. Like many people here I'm not anyexpert on this and since the instructions say get a report from all countries lived in more than 6 months I asked a clarifying question.

It is, my wife’s Indo, and we actually have one from back in 2007 when they used to require them.  We know how to get one LOL and even to get one expedited.

I don’t know why you need one, hence the question.

Every country, every document, and how to get those documents are listed here.  I highlighted Indonesia.  For US immigration purposes?  Not available.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.