9 posts in this topic

So my AOS package was just returned saying that the petition was not complete as I did not include forms I-944 and I-864. Trouble is, I did include these forms and the huge amount of evidence they require,AND they were in the package they returned to me!  I had also listed everything carefully on my cover letter.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I can't see any issues with the forms and can only conclude that it's an admin error, but I'm a bit worried about just returning the same package. Can't get anyone on the phone because of COVID 19.

Edited by weelisa
add info

15 minutes ago, weelisa said:

So my AOS package was just returned saying that the petition was not complete as I did not include forms I-944 and I-864. Trouble is, I did include these forms and the huge amount of evidence they require,AND they were in the package they returned to me!  I had also listed everything carefully on my cover letter.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I can't see any issues with the forms and can only conclude that it's an admin error, but I'm a bit worried about just returning the same package. Can't get anyone on the phone because of COVID 19.

Are you sure you used the most recent versions of the forms?  Even if date-wise they look current there was an overhaul to forms on 2/24.

If that isn't it, then I agree with the other response - USCIS does lose things, or overlook them sometimes.  There are actual people handling our paperwork, and they make errors.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Are you sure you used the most recent versions of the forms?  Even if date-wise they look current there was an overhaul to forms on 2/24.

This. Make sure you double check the versions

Thanks folks. I couldn't see any issues and everything seemed up to date, but I printed new forms and redid them anyway and just sent them back. Hopefully everything will be ok. I'm really stressing now, as my K1 runs out on the 28th of April and now Trump wants to stop green card petitions too... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, weelisa said:

Thanks folks. I couldn't see any issues and everything seemed up to date, but I printed new forms and redid them anyway and just sent them back. Hopefully everything will be ok. I'm really stressing now, as my K1 runs out on the 28th of April and now Trump wants to stop green card petitions 

You need to read the order.  Even if you filed today there is no chance of a green card in 60 days anyway 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 PM, weelisa said:

Hiya! My rejected petition came back to me yesterday too, stating the same reason as yours. I had submitted everything as well, and they rejected me because i didn't. My i-944 didnt come back, along with the supporting documents, so its been annoying to reprint everything again. Have a suspicion they lost it since they said they sent back everything.

Called USCIS and they simply said to refile, and they dont have any record of my submission or rejection receipt in the system so im just weirded out now. If you want to try calling, the fastest route is their number (800-375-5283) and hit 1 1 2 2 in quick succession.

I am seeing quite a few of similar cases happening on the forum, rejected with the same reason although all forms were submitted.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:44 PM, ShayrineC said:

Hiya! My rejected petition came back to me yesterday too, stating the same reason as yours. I had submitted everything as well, and they rejected me because i didn't. My i-944 didnt come back, along with the supporting documents, so its been annoying to reprint everything again. Have a suspicion they lost it since they said they sent back everything.

Called USCIS and they simply said to refile, and they dont have any record of my submission or rejection receipt in the system so im just weirded out now. If you want to try calling, the fastest route is their number (800-375-5283) and hit 1 1 2 2 in quick succession.

I am seeing quite a few of similar cases happening on the forum, rejected with the same reason although all forms were submitted.

Hi! What a nightmare, the i-944 supporting documents were by far the biggest nuisance, I hope you get all that sorted out.

I sent my package back last week via priority mail, and today I received my three NOA letters, so the new form seems to have been accepted, Phew. One more stage completed, thank goodness, since my K1 ran out last week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 minutes ago, weelisa said:

Hi! What a nightmare, the i-944 supporting documents were by far the biggest nuisance, I hope you get all that sorted out.

I sent my package back last week via priority mail, and today I received my three NOA letters, so the new form seems to have been accepted, Phew. One more stage completed, thank goodness, since my K1 ran out last week.

That's great, congratulations!

I sent mine back last week too, stressing much and hoping it goes through this time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.