Embd

Mistakes in submitting DS-260

24 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Stein said:

The question is, you had to print and sign it so didn't you even read it?

No you do not print and sign the DS-260. It's done electronically online. A preparer like a lawyer can submit it.  A petitioner can submit it for a beneficiary as well. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

My experience has been, DO NOT hire a Lawyer until absolutely necessary. Try to read instructions and fill it out yourselves and/or ask friends/relatives to help you with it. My friend hired a lawyer, and he told her that her mother's income would be enough to support her husband. It gave her a few troubles (since often they try to lure you for money)... However, It's been almost 2+ years now after Interview, no update for her husband's case. (2020) I filled my husband's application with the help of my Uncle and he has guided me so far and now the case is in DQ, Alhumdullilah. (It's just my experience) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lexushim said:

Hello,

My experience has been, DO NOT hire a Lawyer until absolutely necessary. Try to read instructions and fill it out yourselves and/or ask friends/relatives to help you with it. My friend hired a lawyer, and he told her that her mother's income would be enough to support her husband. It gave her a few troubles (since often they try to lure you for money)... However, It's been almost 2+ years now after Interview, no update for her husband's case. (2020) I filled my husband's application with the help of my Uncle and he has guided me so far and now the case is in DQ, Alhumdullilah. (It's just my experience) 

I agree. Lawyers concentration is very low on individual case. They don't care about your miseries of long distanced relationship and pain you go through. They are just there to see their $$. Our experience has been not very good so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 11:15 PM, Embd said:

I agree. Lawyers concentration is very low on individual case. They don't care about your miseries of long distanced relationship and pain you go through. They are just there to see their $$. Our experience has been not very good so far. 

I hired a lawyer too and Alhamdulilah things went good so far got dbq last month. But the thing is he made a issue on Ds260 form too . He made a slight mistake in my name 😭 but so far no harm Alhamdulilah. I hope it doesnt bring up issues during the interview? The name is Ayesha he wrote Ayesah . Soo i m guessing nothing to worry about🤔

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On 4/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, Embd said:

Dear VJ Family, 

I am nervous while sharing that my attorney submitted the DS-260, but when i reviewed it , there were almost a dozen errors/mistakes they made into DS260" as follows:

-Mistakes in previous marriage divorce dates. 

-Mistakes in residence addresses. 

-Mistakes in schools attendance dates.

-Mistakes in passport issuance & ending dates. 

-Mistakes in showing me over-staying for 2 month in US , after finishing training, which I stayed for 1 months and thats allowed to J-1 visa holders.

-Mistake in Visa refusal question. Instated of saying "Yes" she said "NO."

-Current job nature: "Fiance" instead of Finance.  

-Wrong name of degrees/diplomas

I am not sure what to do, the attorney said they will write a letter to NVC for 2-3 important corrections to make e.g. visa refusal, last marriage annulment dates, or not over staying in US etc but will leave the rest of the mistakes as raising others could murky the water for the officer looking over your application.

GOD , help us. 

Please give us your valuable input/suggestion.

PEACE & LOVE

Hey, were you able to fix the mistake in your ds-260?

Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, 2019 said:

sorry for late response. there were many mistakes made by their intern in DS-260 form submission and it was an awful experience of making over dozen of mistakes. But attorney made a letter of corrections to the NVC by highlighting these mistakes and corrections and stating that these mistakes were occurred by them unintentionally. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Embd said:

sorry for late response. there were many mistakes made by their intern in DS-260 form submission and it was an awful experience of making over dozen of mistakes. But attorney made a letter of corrections to the NVC by highlighting these mistakes and corrections and stating that these mistakes were occurred by them unintentionally. 

Thankyou for your reply

Did you guys face any issues regarding the mistakes in your interview?

Timeline
On 12/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, 2019 said:

Just now, 2019 said:

Thankyou for your reply

Did you guys face any issues regarding the mistakes in your interview?

Our interview is yet to be scheduled . so we are documentarily qualified since 14th May 2020. Lets hope it is completed soon enough. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Embd said:

Our interview is yet to be scheduled . so we are documentarily qualified since 14th May 2020. Lets hope it is completed soon enough. 

Our Dq is May 22 ( Islamabad embassy)

please let me know about your interview experience 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.