Besamiot

Visa fee and police report

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys. I'm happy to inform you that I got my NVC letter. When I ceac today,  I found out it is "ready" but I have 2 questions, especially for K1 visa applicants in Nigeria. 

My first question is about the police report.  Does it have to  be done only in Lagos? My fiance lives in Abuja. 

My second question is about payment at GT bank. ( And I would so much appreciate help from applicants who had children to accompany them).My fiance has his passport ready but his children dont have passports yet (due to procrastination on his part). And now Nigeria is on lockdown.  

****Can he make the payments for all of them while waiting for their passports to be established? Please, someone school me on this. I'm so confused. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kris&me said:

he can do the passports anytime he wants

not only on lockdown but on the list for banned at this time and he will not travel till that ban is lifted

Thank you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Besamiot said:

Hello guys. I'm happy to inform you that I got my NVC letter. When I ceac today,  I found out it is "ready" but I have 2 questions, especially for K1 visa applicants in Nigeria. 

My first question is about the police report.  Does it have to  be done only in Lagos? My fiance lives in Abuja. 

My second question is about payment at GT bank. ( And I would so much appreciate help from applicants who had children to accompany them).My fiance has his passport ready but his children dont have passports yet (due to procrastination on his part). And now Nigeria is on lockdown.  

****Can he make the payments for all of them while waiting for their passports to be established? Please, someone school me on this. I'm so confused. 

Hi, I think it’s possible to do the police report in Abuja. I did mine in Lagos though, also the bank need the passport number for the visa fee. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Hi, I think it’s possible to do the police report in Abuja. I did mine in Lagos though, also the bank need the passport number for the visa fee. 

Thank you KennethBk. I was worried if he has to have passports for his kids before he can make their own payment since they will be going to embassy together. If they need only his passport for all payments then it's fine. Dor you hand carry the police report after it is done?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Besamiot said:

Thank you KennethBk. I was worried if he has to have passports for his kids before he can make their own payment since they will be going to embassy together. If they need only his passport for all payments then it's fine. Dor you hand carry the police report after it is done?

I’m not sure but they probably need all the passports because they need each passport number for the visa fee. Yeah they gave me the police report on the same day, it took about an hour  to make.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

I’m not sure but they probably need all the passports because they need each passport number for the visa fee. Yeah they gave me the police report on the same day, it took about an hour  to make.

Thanks again. I hope things will open up again for a while so he can have these passports done in time to pay the fee and secure an interview date. So if I'm right, they need passport for payment  medical and police report?

Timeline
Just now, Besamiot said:

Thanks again. I hope things will open up again for a while so he can have these passports done in time to pay the fee and secure an interview date. So if I'm right, they need passport for payment  medical and police report?

You are welcome, I can’t remember If it’s needed for the police report but medical they asked to see my interview confirmation letter. Hopefully everything will be okay soon. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

You are welcome, I can’t remember If it’s needed for the police report but medical they asked to see my interview confirmation letter. Hopefully everything will be okay soon. 

Hmmm, I'm learning a lot. So, medical comes after interview has been scheduled. Thanks, my brother.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Besamiot said:

Hmmm, I'm learning a lot. So, medical comes after interview has been scheduled. Thanks, my brother.

Yeah I did it two weeks before  my interview because it has an expiration date. And for some reason they asked for it at Qlife hospital Lagos.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Yeah I did it two weeks before  my interview because it has an expiration date. And for some reason they asked for it at Qlife hospital Lagos.

Does police report expire too? If so,what's the validity? And this could be done pending interview  right?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Besamiot said:

Does police report expire too? If so,what's the validity? And this could be done pending interview  right?

I really can’t remember if the police report expires but I think it expires in 3 months, it’s best to do the medical and police report very close to your interview date.

Timeline
3 hours ago, KennethBk said:

I really can’t remember if the police report expires but I think it expires in 3 months, it’s best to do the medical and police report very close to your interview date.

Alright. Very much appreciated. 

22 hours ago, Besamiot said:

Hello guys. I'm happy to inform you that I got my NVC letter. When I ceac today, I found out it is "ready" but I have 2 questions, especially for K1 visa applicants in Nigeria. 

My first question is about the police report.  Does it have to be done only in Lagos? My fiancé lives in Abuja. 

My second question is about payment at GT bank. ( And I would so much appreciate help from applicants who had children to accompany them).My fiancé has his passport ready but his children don't have passports yet (due to procrastination on his part). And now Nigeria is on lockdown.  

When in doubt your best practice should be any official documents explaining the procedure. I quote 

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants need to contact the Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria.  The applicant should bring information regarding their full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. 

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nigeria.html

Visa Fee: $265 must be paid at any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC in Nigeria. Be sure to keep the payment receipt number.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, KennethBk said:

Yea did mine in Abuja too. But they will have to send it to lagos and bk. Takes a couple of days. Plus the lockdown🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.