stephanie918

travel from Australia to US

107 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rosie_Emma91 said:

Flights between the USA and Australia
Flights will operate between Melbourne and Los Angeles on the following dates:

Melbourne to Los Angeles on QF93:

• Fridays: 15, 22, 29 May and 5 June 2020

I saw that Qantas has added some additional services! 

amazing, thaank you! I did see this but I only saw the LA to Melb, so will look at this more closely.  where did you find it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, stephanie918 said:

amazing, thaank you! I did see this but I only saw the LA to Melb, so will look at this more closely.  where did you find it?

Qantas.com

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/travel-updates/coronavirus/qantas-international-network-changes/additional-services.html

Edited by Lil bear

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Harley999999 said:

Anyone had any luck getting the travel exemption?

how close did they issue it to your travel date?

I have had mine rejected twice asking for more information. I have given them everything I could think of and the examples they give are really generic. I am supposed to fly out on the morning of the 26th

not yet.  i'm on my second try, submitted the second application April 30.  Supposed to fly June 1.  it seems they let you know literally the day before.  will you try again? 

11 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

Yeah im trying again. I'm suppose to fly out in 4 days and i still havent heard back yet. Very worrying.

it's absolutely ridiculous that they expect you to quit a job, sell your house etc to "prove" to them you're serious, then don't even reply. so you can sit without a job for months? and then potentially get rejected? part of me feels this is illegal to lock people in. let us know if you hear anything, good luck

4 minutes ago, stephanie918 said:

it's absolutely ridiculous that they expect you to quit a job, sell your house etc to "prove" to them you're serious, then don't even reply. so you can sit without a job for months? and then potentially get rejected? part of me feels this is illegal to lock people in. let us know if you hear anything, good luck

It feels extremely illegal to lock the entire population down without a date of when it will lift. Particularly people who are dual citizens.

I called home affairs to ask what is happening with my application and the response for just about every question was "Im not allowed to comment"

The reference number they give you is useless. It doesn't actually reference anything that can be tracked, traced or looked up. "its just a reference number we give you" according to the home-affairs officer.

21 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

It feels extremely illegal to lock the entire population down without a date of when it will lift. Particularly people who are dual citizens.

I called home affairs to ask what is happening with my application and the response for just about every question was "Im not allowed to comment"

The reference number they give you is useless. It doesn't actually reference anything that can be tracked, traced or looked up. "its just a reference number we give you" according to the home-affairs officer.

yeah, I agree.  I've called them numerous times and asked why bother giving me a reference if you can't look at anything to do with it.  They just said it's more of a confirmation that they received it.  How am I meant to permanently migrate with 2 days notice?  and pay for a last minute flight (that likely leaves from Sydney) - and get another exemption from there.  I hope you hear, with 4 days to go they surely will action today or tomorrow.  i'm assuming this is a migration?

7 minutes ago, stephanie918 said:

yeah, I agree.  I've called them numerous times and asked why bother giving me a reference if you can't look at anything to do with it.  They just said it's more of a confirmation that they received it.  How am I meant to permanently migrate with 2 days notice?  and pay for a last minute flight (that likely leaves from Sydney) - and get another exemption from there.  I hope you hear, with 4 days to go they surely will action today or tomorrow.  i'm assuming this is a migration?

Its absolute garbage how they are handling this. I'm up to my 4th re submission at this point.

Yes, i'm immigrating permanently to the US. I'm not returning to Australia which makes this all the more painful. I don't even pose a treat as i'm not returning. 

From reading everyone's experiences it is total garbage but pretty on par for the way our government handles things.
It is no big deal to let out people migrating. We are on flights that ALREADY exist anyway.

Just now, Harley999999 said:

Its absolute garbage how they are handling this. I'm up to my 4th re submission at this point.

Yes, i'm immigrating permanently to the US. I'm not returning to Australia which makes this all the more painful. I don't even pose a treat as i'm not returning. 

i'm exactly the same. well, i'm a US citizen, my husband is the one migrating, with a green card expiry of July.  So if we can't get there by July we have to try to get his visa re-issued.  can I ask what they're asking you to submit? i've already done passports, proof of shipping quote, quote for shipping dog, my parents address there (as we want to be able to support them as they're elderly), copies of all passports/visa, the only thing I haven't submitted is the fact that we were about to put our house up for rent or the quitting of my job (which I refuse to do unless I know they'll let me go!) i'm not sure what else they want.  they've also asked for marriage certificate, my kids birth certificates (even though they already had their passports).  i'm about out of things to prove!

Just now, Cilllah said:

From reading everyone's experiences it is total garbage but pretty on par for the way our government handles things.
It is no big deal to let out people migrating. We are on flights that ALREADY exist anyway.

I agree. plus, with the intention of NOT returning (at least in the next few years!) what is the issue? they should let you go if you agree to pay for the quarantine on arrival

Each rejection has just been a copy and past of the generic required documents section from their website. It wasn't a request for specific documents.  The most frustrating part is that the list had nothing on it that i hadn't already given them.

I had given them pretty much the same amount of documents you have. I'm out of things to give them. I've left my job in the military already so i gave them that as well and i still haven't been approved. 

56 minutes ago, Harley999999 said:

Each rejection has just been a copy and past of the generic required documents section from their website. It wasn't a request for specific documents.  The most frustrating part is that the list had nothing on it that i hadn't already given them.

I had given them pretty much the same amount of documents you have. I'm out of things to give them. I've left my job in the military already so i gave them that as well and i still haven't been approved. 

That is so weird! They need to tell you what else they want. You might be one of those that gets it on the day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.