Okwu Samuel

Estimated time for a waiver

18 posts in this topic

Hello , please I need a professional advice here due to Trump's travel ban place on some country my lawyer said they are going to prepare for a waiver for me to go the embassy so my question now is 1. Is it right for him to prepare a waiver for me or I should contact tthe embassy in my country where am currently residing and apply from there 2. What is the duration to get it approve  they are to apply it from US. Thanks

Okwu Samuel,

In order to give a advice, it is important to provide the followings:

What makes you think you need a waiver? what category of visa did you applied for? are you the petition or the applicant? Have you been to the interview yet?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Mar and Mur said:

Okwu Samuel,

In order to give a advice, it is important to provide the followings:

What makes you think you need a waiver? what category of visa did you applied for? are you the petition or the applicant? Have you been to the interview yet?

Thanks

I really appreciate your comment

1, Trump immigration ban on Nigerian

2 Visa type CR1

3,l am the beneficiary and am still waiting for my approval from USCIS over 11 Month

Actually I and my wife discussed it with the lawyer handling our case and they said due to the president Trump's travel ban that they have to prepare a waiver for me to go along with me the embassy but I don't know if it compostry since alot of people have been going for immigration interview even after the ban. The reason why am doing this is to prepare myself ahead. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure what you are asking "for me to go along with me" ????

but you,  the immigrant should go to the assigned interview and prepare for long AP (if approved) to last till the ban is lifted

there is no waiver at this time 

26 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

but you,  the immigrant should go to the assigned interview and prepare for long AP (if approved) to last till the ban is lifted

My question is that my lawyer told me that due to Trump's travel ban on Nigerian that they have to apply for a waiver for me to go along with me to embassy for my interview . So my question is it okay that way or I should just go without it since some people are going without waiver and they been approve

No, for this type of ban a lawyer would NOT be preparing a waiver. If consular officer determines you would qualify for a waiver, they would submit it. 

Tell your lawyer you’re not paying for stuff he isn’t doing. Keep that money for something else. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

2 minutes ago, milimelo said:

No, for this type of ban a lawyer would NOT be preparing a waiver. If consular officer determines you would qualify for a waiver, they would submit it. 

Tell your lawyer you’re not paying for stuff he isn’t doing. Keep that money for something else. 

Okay thanks for your contribution please professional in the house I need your contribution on this matter 

Paul & Mary

Pushbrk I need your contribution please

Edited by Okwu Samuel

1 hour ago, milimelo said:

Thank you so much I appreciate

OP, the advice you have gotten is correct.  The 'waiver' is something you would request in person at the interview when your visa is denied based on the Nigeria travel ban.  

Perhaps you will get lucky and that travel ban will be resolved by the time consulates resume interviews.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

This is absolutely not true.. I have two friends who received the cr1 visa after the ban.. the waiver is at the discretion of the councilor 

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

OP, the advice you have gotten is correct.  The 'waiver' is something you would request in person at the interview when your visa is denied based on the Nigeria travel ban.  

Perhaps you will get lucky and that travel ban will be resolved by the time consulates resume interviews.

Amen. thank you so our lawyer should not bother applying for a waiver for me from US

Edited by Okwu Samuel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

This is absolutely not true.. I have two friends who received the cr1 visa after the ban.. the waiver is at the discretion of the councilor 

they have gotten CR1 since February 22, 2020?    that is when the ban went into effect for Nigeria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

they have gotten CR1 since February 22, 2020?    that is when the ban went into effect for Nigeria

Here is proof of it 

0E8CEF22-649E-4ED4-909B-0E349C066BD3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.