man1234

COVD19 and police clearance

11 posts in this topic

Dears,

hope everyone is safe,

due to current situation im not able to provide the police clearness and the everything is suspended in my city ,

Is  it better to wait or submit my case to NVC without the police clearance and Say I will provide it in the interview?

plz advice,

thanks,

manal 

On 4/2/2020 at 2:44 AM, man1234 said:

Dears,

hope everyone is safe,

due to current situation im not able to provide the police clearness and the everything is suspended in my city ,

Is  it better to wait or submit my case to NVC without the police clearance and Say I will provide it in the interview?

plz advice,

thanks,

manal 

Interview?  There are no interviews taking place currently.  By the time you can get an interview, I would imagine you can also get a PCC.

54 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Interview?  There are no interviews taking place currently.  By the time you can get an interview, I would imagine you can also get a PCC.

I Didn’t submit my case to NVC, I  just received my case number , and due to the situation I will have to wait so long to submit it , so I thought I submit now and get approved and wait with in the Q, but not sure if I should do that without police clearance 

Edited by man1234

I believe that you have to submit all documents at the same time. If you don't include the police check, you'd get an RFE, which would make the process even longer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was thinking of uploading a cover letter stating that with COVID19 , I’ll have my PC at the interview. If not, this will delay my nvc application by at least 2 months plus the back log for interviews in MONTREAL. Might need to call or email and see if this can work. 

Has anyone tried anything yet?

46 minutes ago, BunyanP said:

I was thinking of uploading a cover letter stating that with COVID19 , I’ll have my PC at the interview. If not, this will delay my nvc application by at least 2 months plus the back log for interviews in MONTREAL. Might need to call or email and see if this can work. 

Has anyone tried anything yet?

I was thinking to do the same thing , I email them. And they said if you are missing document send explain , but not sure if they will accept it , the reviewer might have different opinion, not sure what to do as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, man1234 said:

I was thinking to do the same thing , I email them. And they said if you are missing document send explain , but not sure if they will accept it , the reviewer might have different opinion, not sure what to do as well 

i sent an inquiry to NVC. We'll see what they answer. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm going to be following this tread, as I'm in the same situation.  My wife ordered her police report about a week before her country was locked down, so she hasn't gotten it yet.   They are saying her country might open back up the first part of May, but who knows with this pandemic.

I was thinking of also uploading everything except the police report, but include a document that says it isn't currently available due to Covid-19.   The NVC website says that if a civil document isn't available then to provide explanation.  

I've tried for days to call the NVC with no luck.  Every since they furloughed staff, I've not been able to get a live person.  I spent one morning literally calling like 150 times in a row.  

Do any of the veterans on this site have any pointers?

46 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

I'm going to be following this tread, as I'm in the same situation.  My wife ordered her police report about a week before her country was locked down, so she hasn't gotten it yet.   They are saying her country might open back up the first part of May, but who knows with this pandemic.

I was thinking of also uploading everything except the police report, but include a document that says it isn't currently available due to Covid-19.   The NVC website says that if a civil document isn't available then to provide explanation.  

I've tried for days to call the NVC with no luck.  Every since they furloughed staff, I've not been able to get a live person.  I spent one morning literally calling like 150 times in a row.  

Do any of the veterans on this site have any pointers?

Yes , it’s the same for me , I couldn’t get it , and I called them and i email them , 

as well , I’m not sure it they will open in my country anytime soon , so I thought I will sent sent explanation , I did sent inquiry and that was the respond. 
—————

Dear Sir/Madam:

If you cannot submit a required document, you must send a detailed explanation through CEAC.

- Go to https://ceac.state.gov/iv.

- Under Civil Documents, choose the "Not available" option for the missing document.  A box will appear asking you to explain why the document is not available.

- Explain why you cannot provide the document for your case.

- Repeat these steps for each document marked "Missing."

After you provide an explanation for each document that is not available, click the "Submit Documents" button.

We will review the information and let you know if any other action is required.

Elena| Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV/LockWood Hills/Senture | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.