Simple123

Pulled over but no ticket ,Where do I put it in the Application?

9 posts in this topic

You do not report that on the N400. However if the question comes up at the interview and the IO asks you "have you ever been pulled over" than you tell them. The current N400 does not ask for "being pulled over without a citation"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 3/29/2020 at 6:47 PM, Simple123 said:

Hi All , 

I was pulled over a few years ago and the officer told me it is just heads up since one of my brake lights wasn't working , there was no ticket and now warning . 

Do I mention that in the application?

NO

On 3/30/2020 at 6:47 AM, Simple123 said:

Hi All , 

I was pulled over a few years ago and the officer told me it is just heads up since one of my brake lights wasn't working , there was no ticket and now warning . 

Do I mention that in the application?

Technically, yes. Practically, no.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:39 AM, Fr8dog said:

You do not report that on the N400. However if the question comes up at the interview and the IO asks you "have you ever been pulled over" than you tell them. The current N400 does not ask for "being pulled over without a citation"

They do however, ask you if you were detained, which this person was.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

20 hours ago, Tom_Jim said:

Technically, yes. Practically, no.

They do however, ask you if you were detained, which this person was.

I seriously doubt this would be considered "detained" by the letter of the law, but I'm not a lawyer. Regardless, you will be asked all questions again during your interview. Changing some answers during this are not considered a "big deal". Some of mine were changed because I misinterpreted the question (concealed gun permit was considered weapons training) or because the situation had changed. (speeding ticket after filing). Still got approved "on the spot"

55 minutes ago, Fr8dog said:

I seriously doubt this would be considered "detained" by the letter of the law, but I'm not a lawyer. Regardless, you will be asked all questions again during your interview. Changing some answers during this are not considered a "big deal". Some of mine were changed because I misinterpreted the question (concealed gun permit was considered weapons training) or because the situation had changed. (speeding ticket after filing). Still got approved "on the spot"

I was pretty clear in my first answer. Technicality vs practicality. I make no assertions as to what's "right". To figure out if you're being detained:

1. Ask if you're being detained.

2. are you allowed to leave on  your own after being pulled over? No. Therefore you're detained.

You're talking about as if your case is somehow a rule not an exception. Every case is its own microcosm. 

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

That makes sense . thanks 

While looking at some papers I found that I used one of the toll gates years ago and my Car tag didn't work because it wasn't activated properly and I received a letter with a statement saying pay by mail this violation and I paid . 

Is it a citation ? need to be written in the application ?

I always see signs on the road even says even if you don't have a tag no problem use the gate and pay when you get the mail

Edited by Simple123
adding more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.