18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I feel you. We just got our NVC number 3/4 and it looks like they won't be sending it to the Colombian embassy until after this mess.  To top it off, I was going to go down there March 14 but had to cancel due to my job.  Now I won't get to see her for until however long this takes.  Honestly I could see it easily going to June (hopefully we are that lucky), and even after it actually begins to lighten up, I could see the government restrictions on travel continue for a time period after to be extra safe, and who knows what state the airlines will even be in at that time.  To me, I could deal with the normal immigration wait because it was a fairly known process in terms of how long it will take, how things progress etc.  But we are in a whole different world now with so many unknowns.  It's the unknowns that drive me crazy!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It’s all just so uncertain right now. It’s sad, it’s almost as if i could see the light at the end of a very long tunnel and now this has happened. I last saw stace in January, and i had a flight booked for 3 weeks but i’m certain that won’t go ahead now. i’m usually the kind of person to over think EVERYTHING, but surprisingly i have handled this very well. it’s out of our control. it’s out of everyone’s control and all we can do is focus on the positives. we haven’t received our NOA2 yet. we received our NOA 1 in mid january so was aiming for mid may for NOA 2 but i doubt that will happen either but my fingers are crossed and luckily we are incredibly strong as a couple. 

facetime has doubled that’s for sure. some days are good, some days are bad, as long as you keep your mind busy, stay in touch and don’t forget— if you can, exercise. it’s so good for the mind. ❤️❤️ stay strong guys. we got this!!!!

Proposed - December 22nd 2019

i129F sent - January 13th 2020 (Start of the lonnnng journey!)

NOA1 recieved  - January 22nd 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.