18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been quiet and hunkered down for a while, but this COVID19 pandemic is beginning to make me and my fiance very nervous. I figured there aren't a lot of answers out there right now, things change day to day. Here in the States it's escalated rather rapidly with all of the shut downs. My fiance and I were beginning to have a lot of hope and get excited just a few weeks ago...I've gotten two emails (once as recent as 3/15)  from VJ regarding my timeline giving us an estimate for our NOA2 within the first week of April. Also, he has been in contact on another forum here with a woman from his country (Chile) who is an early November filer and she received her NOA2 on day 122 March 6th...we have seemed to be a month behind her and her fiance during our process so far and with the two emails I got it seemed hopeful. But now we are so anxious. It seems like all the shut downs will delay interviews, and those were already seeming to move so slowly that now I'll be surprised they don't get immensely back logged at the Consulate the longer they are closed. I have not seen my fiance since October 11th and we can't believe it could be another 3-5 months minimum until we see each other again. It was already difficult for me to arrange to visit him and now there's no chance...we are devastated and I am not doing well in the middle of all of this... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Stay strong. Can you guys schedule talking more or FaceTime or Skype? Keep yourself busy- were you going to do any fixing up at your place before your fiancé arrived? Start working on that to keep your mind busy. I know it’s not helpful but everyone is in the same situation. Like literally everyone in the world. You guys can get through this and it’s just another hurdle in your journey you will look back on one day.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

As a fellow Chilean, I must tell you that the American embassy in Chile is cancelling interview appointments for all visas for the time being so that's one thing we cannot do anything about. The only thing we can do is to keep waiting. Just hang in there because everything will clear out soon, hopefully.

Edited by PatoooskiCL

Timeline

My fiance is in Chile as well. Our case just moved from NVC to embassy today. Noa1 May of last year. I was in the same boat but trust that Everything will work out fine. Just keep busy and prepare things at home for his arrival. I contacted the embassy and they told me all interviews have been canceled as well. We have to be strong okay. Feel free to send me a message if you need to chat. I'm here.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Stay strong. Can you guys schedule talking more or FaceTime or Skype? Keep yourself busy- were you going to do any fixing up at your place before your fiancé arrived? Start working on that to keep your mind busy. I know it’s not helpful but everyone is in the same situation. Like literally everyone in the world. You guys can get through this and it’s just another hurdle in your journey you will look back on one day.

So we are fortunate enough that we can talk plenty on WhatsApp, we text and video constantly. And he had lived here with me last year, we moved into my apartment together when I moved. Luckily we have the memories we do to hold onto. We’ve missed the last 5 months together and it’s hard to not think the worst in this situation. But, no one has any answers and we’re all in the same boat so I’m just crossing my fingers and doing my best to stay positive (as much as any of us can right now). 

Timeline
4 hours ago, PatoooskiCL said:

As a fellow Chilean, I must tell you that the American embassy in Chile is cancelling interview appointments for all visas for the time being so that's one thing we cannot do anything about. The only thing we can do is to keep waiting. Just hang in there because everything will clear out soon, hopefully.

Thank you. Yes he’s told me the situation in Chile is no better than we are here in the States...just concerned about delays with interviews for those that are ahead of us and causing a back log...but we’re all in the same boat. Like you said, nothing we can do. Just helpful to have this forum. Thank you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

My fiance is in Chile as well. Our case just moved from NVC to embassy today. Noa1 May of last year. I was in the same boat but trust that Everything will work out fine. Just keep busy and prepare things at home for his arrival. I contacted the embassy and they told me all interviews have been canceled as well. We have to be strong okay. Feel free to send me a message if you need to chat. I'm here.  

Thank you! We got our NOA1 in December and things have been pointing to an early April NOA2. There’s still hope we get approved next month of course, it’s just the interview process in Chile after this mess. How long did it take for you from your NOA2 to the NVC

Timeline
58 minutes ago, CnE2019 said:

Thank you! We got our NOA1 in December and things have been pointing to an early April NOA2. There’s still hope we get approved next month of course, it’s just the interview process in Chile after this mess. How long did it take for you from your NOA2 to the NVC

Noa2 feb 13, nvc received feb 27. Sent off to embassy 3/18. It moves really fast from noa2... before this virus, the embassy website mentioned wait times of 5 days for our type visa interviews. Hopefully they'll pick up in a few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I'm 67 years old, and I have never seen anything quite like this.  It sucks, but it is what it is.   All any of us can really do is to stay safe, help others when we can, and stay busy.  This WILL pass in the coming months, and things will return to "normal"......

I really appreciate how reassuring you are. Even on my Abu Dhabi case. It means a lot to us in limbo of AP. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Suck though it does, "this too shall pass."

Think positive thoughts, occupy your time constructively*, and keep the faith.

*violent physical exercise is a big help

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I'm 67 years old, and I have never seen anything quite like this.  It sucks, but it is what it is.   All any of us can really do is to stay safe, help others when we can, and stay busy.  This WILL pass in the coming months, and things will return to "normal"......

67 too, 68 in a couple weeks.   However, I pretty much doubt it will return to "normal" early April.  I think, by the end of April, Early May, it will be either really great, or really bad.    The Covid-19 is just a smokescreen for things to come in to fruition and that's all I will say, but two things.. over 50K die in the US from the flu.  Vegas has NEVER shut down ever until today.  Trump was the very first ever non Chinese to ever enter the Forbidden City..  All for a reason....

There are many many couple like you. Spouses are waiting 12-16 months easy, including my self, with the increased wait time before consulate interview. Now add this chaos into it all.😒

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I woke up feeling the exact same way today. The thought of having to wait any longer to be with my fiance is really really bringing me down. Luckily our plans weren't for him to come over until around September (we are still waiting on NOA2 anyways...) so I am hopeful things will have calmed some what by then. But it's the unknown that is frightening of course. We won't know until we know......best we can do is keep our mind occupied and be there for one another in these hard times.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in quick succession when we lived in Houma, LA then Hurricane Harvey while here in Houston and now Coronavirus...no worries, this too will pass and we'll all come through the other end. Keep the faith...

Non-Immigrant visa - H1B

Feb 2001. Enter the US

Nov 2004. Married to USC

May 2006. Depart US

Non-immigrant visa - L1A

Dec 2013. Enter US

AOS

May 2016. AOS submission.

June 2017. 10 year GC received

N400

March 22nd. N400 submission window opens

March 23rd. N400 submitted online

March 24th. Everything now visible in N400 online dashboard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.