DungX

Blue slip help

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My brother's wife went to the interview yesterday and they give her a blue slip. On the blue slip why does it ask both petitioner and beneficiary about their ex spouse when this is their first marriage? They also ask for chronology timeline of how they met and also proof of airline tickets purchase by credit card statement. Please help. Also my brother marry my wife's younger sister so I dont know if it causes a red flag.20200317_220659.thumb.jpg.b24c1f6bd06ec5ac7a504bc3617feb1f.jpg20200317_220659.thumb.jpg.b24c1f6bd06ec5ac7a504bc3617feb1f.jpg

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That is unreadable.  But thanks for posting.

Basically you need to get the information they asked.  She must have been wicked unprepared and everything she got asked is common to what other posters have said on these forums.  Did you read any of the consulate reviews??  You also didn't fill out the family history paper, did you.  Add that for next time.

I think yes, there is a red flag since your family's are marring so close (two brothers marrying two sisters).  I would have some documentation to prove THEIR relationship is also legit, and not buying green cards, because that's what it would look like to the CO.

Gather the paperwork, go back, see what they say to do next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Basically you need to get the information they asked.  She must have been wicked unprepared and everything she got asked is common to what other posters have said on these forums.  Did you read any of the consulate reviews??  You also didn't fill out the family history paper, did you.  Add that for next time.

I think yes, there is a red flag since your family's are marring so close (two brothers marrying two sisters).  I would have some documentation to prove THEIR relationship is also legit, and not buying green cards, because that's what it would look like to the CO.

Gather the paperwork, go back, see what they say to do next.

Excellent advice above. Did he attend the interview? Attending the interview together significantly increases a positive outcome. Why? Just like in my case, I was there to answer some fuzzy areas. As the USC, I probably spent more time at the window than my K-1 fiance did. They even thanked me for being there. Marrying multiple family members in VN often brings a denial. I don't know that you will get past this, but do what they say. The evidence best be clear and believable. Good luck!

Timeline
On 3/18/2020 at 4:48 PM, WandY said:

Excellent advice above. Did he attend the interview? Attending the interview together significantly increases a positive outcome. Why? Just like in my case, I was there to answer some fuzzy areas. As the USC, I probably spent more time at the window than my K-1 fiance did. They even thanked me for being there. Marrying multiple family members in VN often brings a denial. I don't know that you will get past this, but do what they say. The evidence best be clear and believable. Good luck!

Yeah, I think at this point any USC not attending the interview better have every duck in a row and STILL have the required 200lbs of documentation at the ready for any questions.

If anything, OP PLEASE put up a clear, readable scan.. maybe there is something concrete we can add.

Timeline

I had the same thing given to me when they had the interview for my fiancé at the time. I was even at the interview also. They didn’t ask me a question. They gave me the same exact blue slip.

Just give them all the information they need.

For ex-spouse even though we were never married before. I wrote a statement saying that you were looking for information on ex-spouse but i’m here to inform you that I have never been married. So we can not provide you the information you requested. I did this for both of us and we each sign a statement.

They want to see who paid for the airline ticket. So they want a credit card statement or bank statement if you paid by debit card. Also if you paid by cash they want the bank statement the day you pull the cash out. Prior 3 months and the next month bank statement.

I’m typing this on a mobile.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/24/2020 at 11:08 PM, p.dang said:

I had the same thing given to me when they had the interview for my fiancé at the time. I was even at the interview also. They didn’t ask me a question. They gave me the same exact blue slip.

Just give them all the information they need.

For ex-spouse even though we were never married before. I wrote a statement saying that you were looking for information on ex-spouse but i’m here to inform you that I have never been married. So we can not provide you the information you requested. I did this for both of us and we each sign a statement.

They want to see who paid for the airline ticket. So they want a credit card statement or bank statement if you paid by debit card. Also if you paid by cash they want the bank statement the day you pull the cash out. Prior 3 months and the next month bank statement.

I’m typing this on a mobile.

Did you get the visa?  I mean asking about your previous marriage when you were never married would mean that they just denied you just to get the case counts up for the day.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Did you get the visa?  I mean asking about your previous marriage when you were never married would mean that they just denied you just to get the case counts up for the day.

Yes, we got the visa after we submitted everything on the 221g they requested.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, DungX said:

Ok here is the kicker. My mom actually bought the ticket for him not from his bank account. Will that be ok?

This is what I would do if it was me. I would write a statement informing them situation. I would have your mom write statement saying she bought the ticket for her son and sign it. See if you can get the statement from her credit showing the purchase.

Then have your brother write a statement saying your mom bought the ticket. Also say that you have a sign statement from your mom that she purchase the ticket for him. Also that you have the credit card statement from your mom showing that purchase of the ticket. Have your brother sign that statment.

That what I would in this situation if I was in your shoe.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, p.dang said:

This is what I would do if it was me. I would write a statement informing them situation. I would have your mom write statement saying she bought the ticket for her son and sign it. See if you can get the statement from her credit showing the purchase.

Then have your brother write a statement saying your mom bought the ticket. Also say that you have a sign statement from your mom that she purchase the ticket for him. Also that you have the credit card statement from your mom showing that purchase of the ticket. Have your brother sign that statment.

That what I would in this situation if I was in your shoe.

Im glad your putting this out here. Im on top of it now also. I wonder why they want to see that you purchased the ticket? Is it part of the fraud protection? 

Timeline
On 5/27/2020 at 12:03 AM, stringpuller said:

Im glad your putting this out here. Im on top of it now also. I wonder why they want to see that you purchased the ticket? Is it part of the fraud protection? 

My guess is they just wanted to make sure after what happened in Texas over a year ago, just a guess. many years ago on a different case I was asked for more detail of my emails and correspondence at USCIS stage. I had sent several emails and chat logs of our 2 year relationship, it was not good enough and got an RFE, so they got all of them, 2800 pages double spaced on both sides of all the chats and emails. We were approved a week later.

Just give them what they ask for and everything will be fine, am curious if the OP overcame everything. Hope so.

Good Luck

On a side note, I got an email yesterday that HCMC will re-open the embassy with limited services on June 1st, no mention of interviews restating yet.

Timeline
7 hours ago, craig5977 said:

My guess is they just wanted to make sure after what happened in Texas over a year ago, just a guess. many years ago on a different case I was asked for more detail of my emails and correspondence at USCIS stage. I had sent several emails and chat logs of our 2 year relationship, it was not good enough and got an RFE, so they got all of them, 2800 pages double spaced on both sides of all the chats and emails. We were approved a week later.

Just give them what they ask for and everything will be fine, am curious if the OP overcame everything. Hope so.

Good Luck

On a side note, I got an email yesterday that HCMC will re-open the embassy with limited services on June 1st, no mention of interviews restating yet.

Not familiar with what happened in Texas? Thanks for your input. 

Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, stringpuller said:

Not familiar with what happened in Texas? Thanks for your input. 

There were 96 people charged with Visa fraud, all with contacts from Vietnam. I have not read any updates on it in awhile tho.

Timeline
6 hours ago, craig5977 said:

There were 96 people charged with Visa fraud, all with contacts from Vietnam. I have not read any updates on it in awhile tho.

Wow 96. I had read something about it but thought it was like 40. Still makes it tougher on all us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.