ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Cilllah said:

I didn’t. I haven’t heard back and that flight is gone. I call and they won’t help. I’ve contacted two MP today who’ve said they’ve enquired for me. I don’t know what else to do. I feel so defeated. I haven’t been denied or asked for more evidence or anything..

That's awful, I would be so upset :(

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Its devastating to be that close to being together and not being able to. 

Hopefully airfare will go back down for you, and they will approve your travel authority.

*Hugs*

6 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

That's awful, I would be so upset :(

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Its devastating to be that close to being together and not being able to. 

Hopefully airfare will go back down for you, and they will approve your travel authority.

*Hugs*

I hope so too! I’m worried about borders and Trumps visa bans and everything. I feel like I need to be there as soon as possible. Thank you.

A question though. Did anyone else's approval say this

Departure port: Sydney
Destination country: Australia

My destination country isn't Australia obviously and above it it even says that I am leaving Australia too?

1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

My destination country isn't Australia obviously and above it it even says that I am leaving Australia too?

I haven't received mine yet  is there an expiration  date on it or do you have to use it the date you put to leave ?

On 7/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Keeb said:

I haven't received mine yet  is there an expiration  date on it or do you have to use it the date you put to leave ?

Nah no expiration date and you don't have to use it on the day you put.

Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 4:04 AM, Cilllah said:

Did you write United States on the original application? If so, it looks like it might have been changed by accident. It should be copied verbatim from the form you filled out.

5 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Did you write United States on the original application? If so, it looks like it might have been changed by accident. It should be copied verbatim from the form you filled out.

5 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

I can’t remember but I sent them another one correcting it and they said I’m still good to go.

In other news I tried to check in online and it wouldn’t let me so now I’m worried! United app said I need to check in with Qantas as they’re the first flight but the Qantas app said I can’t. I am so stressed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

I can’t remember but I sent them another one correcting it and they said I’m still good to go.

In other news I tried to check in online and it wouldn’t let me so now I’m worried! United app said I need to check in with Qantas as they’re the first flight but the Qantas app said I can’t. I am so stressed!

Online check in is pretty much out the window right now due to all the restrictions. .. it’s a mess. 
What sectors are you flying ? And  how far ahead did you need to book to get a seat ? My 91 y/o parents are in Melbourne .. I’m in Missouri.. and trying to get a handle on if I’ll get back to be with them soon.. knowing I’ll need to arrive not in Melbourne and  quarantine.. very few flights in and out from what I can see.  Thx

1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

Online check in is pretty much out the window right now due to all the restrictions. .. it’s a mess. 
What sectors are you flying ? And  how far ahead did you need to book to get a seat ? My 91 y/o parents are in Melbourne .. I’m in Missouri.. and trying to get a handle on if I’ll get back to be with them soon.. knowing I’ll need to arrive not in Melbourne and  quarantine.. very few flights in and out from what I can see.  Thx

Oh I didn’t realise it was actually unavailable. That’s good to know. It let me do it in June for a domestic flight so I wasn’t sure if there was something wrong with me or if I should be worried.

I booked back in May but United flies daily to SFO from SYD even now so I could have booked today if I wanted to. Pending exemption of course. I’m flying Brisbane to Sydney to San Fran to Denver to Sioux Falls as my final destination.

I don’t know too much about how it works entering Australia as I’m leaving!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Oh I didn’t realise it was actually unavailable. That’s good to know. It let me do it in June for a domestic flight so I wasn’t sure if there was something wrong with me or if I should be worried.

I booked back in May but United flies daily to SFO from SYD even now so I could have booked today if I wanted to. Pending exemption of course. I’m flying Brisbane to Sydney to San Fran to Denver to Sioux Falls as my final destination.

I don’t know too much about how it works entering Australia as I’m leaving!

As it’s part of an international trip they need to see documentation onsite.  Thx. Getting in is still ok except that the govt is restricting incoming passenger numbers.  I’m wondering if UA is going to decrease its service because of this 😓

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Just wanted to touch base and say that I made it into the US yesterday! 29 hours of travel and six airports later. Australian exemption process and the visa process in the US was super easy and I’m glad to be done.

Now to relax and adjust (especially my daughter!) for a week or so other than applying for the marriage license and SSN number and then the AOS games begin!

Are social security offices open? Which way are you planning on applying for your SSN?

6 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Are social security offices open? Which way are you planning on applying for your SSN?

I have to find out! I’ll look into it tomorrow.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cilllah said:

I have to find out! I’ll look into it tomorrow.

I keep getting mixed answers at my local offices. But I've seen some people on here that were able to get them. Last time I checked the offices were closed and the only way to see someone is to set up an appointment. Only the management/supervisor can do this. 

They also only have certain reasons to have an appointment set and apparently we're not eligible atm to get an appointment. The reasons for appointments are, if you are applying for public health benefits or you have a new job and need the SSN for work...

Like seriously? *Sighs*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.