Barefootek

Processing of I130 delayed because of coronavirus?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The estimate for my I-130 approval from Visa Journey has fluctuated from February 15th to March 30th with last weeks estimate being March 27th. Then today I received an estimate of August 3rd. Has the USCIS quit processing applications because of the coronavirus? How does an estimate go from less than 2 weeks to 5 months down the road?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Barefootek said:

The estimate for my I-130 approval from Visa Journey has fluctuated from February 15th to March 30th with last weeks estimate being March 27th. Then today I received an estimate of August 3rd. Has the USCIS quit processing applications because of the coronavirus? How does an estimate go from less than 2 weeks to 5 months down the road?

I received an incorrect estimate today in the weekly email today. Mine went from April to May previously, and the email today said September 15. I clicked on the link and it took me to somebody else's timeline. When I clicked on my own timeline, it still said May.. 

Just checked your profile. The estimate for you is still the same as earlier 😊

Screenshot_20200316-002245.jpg

Edited by Anmol Yash
Added screenshot

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Barefootek said:

No.  And, USCIS is not processing an application for a visa.  They are adjudicating a petition filed on your behalf by your spouse.  When the I-130 is approved, your visa application process starts at the Dept. of State's National Visa Center.  No reason to believe any health concerns have impacted processing by USCIS in any way.  Depending on what happens between now and your visa issue and planned US entry, things could change though.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

I received an incorrect estimate today in the weekly email today. Mine went from April to May previously, and the email today said September 15. I clicked on the link and it took me to somebody else's timeline. When I clicked on my own timeline, it still said May.. 

Just checked your profile. The estimate for you is still the same as earlier 😊

Screenshot_20200316-002245.jpg

Thanks so much for replying and then taking the time to check on that for me. I linked to Visa Journey from an email with someone that has the same filing date asking if I heard anything and not from the link about the timeline.  Saturday was rough since Ecuador closed its borders. My wife and 9 month old daughter are there and now I don't know when I will be able to see them again. I've been shell shocked since then and didn't even think to check my timeline.

Processing time also changes on USICS website. About a month ago processing for California Service center was November 2018 than It changed to September 2018 with Processing time 11 to 15 month and two weeks ago processing time jumped to April 2019 with 8.5 to 11 month of processing time for  I-130.

Spreadsheet for LPR who submitted I130 for Spouses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KsBcID5fvbKZklNtslfrp7dy8NbgmWXyPcwreFuSng4/

Married on April 18th 2019 in UK as Permanent Resident

130 filed on Aug 1st 2019- Denied Due to printed on outdated form thats was expired on July 31st 2019

130 filed again on Aug 13 2019 

1-797C received with Notice date 08/16/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, Barefootek said:

Thanks so much for replying and then taking the time to check on that for me. I linked to Visa Journey from an email with someone that has the same filing date asking if I heard anything and not from the link about the timeline.  Saturday was rough since Ecuador closed its borders. My wife and 9 month old daughter are there and now I don't know when I will be able to see them again. I've been shell shocked since then and didn't even think to check my timeline.

Hang in there buddy! I really hope you get to visit them soon 💛

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.