Kidayi

U.S. Embassy in Algiers

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

In case you did not get an update, But beginning Sunday, March 15th until further notice, The American Cultural Center in Algiers at the United States Embassy will be closed to visitors. Keep an eye out for any updates. If any has an interview soon I highly recommend reaching out to the Embassy in terms of your interview.

Refer to the image below!

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.10.39 PM.png

tKAvm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kidayi said:

In case you did not get an update, But beginning Sunday, March 15th until further notice, The American Cultural Center in Algiers at the United States Embassy will be closed to visitors. Keep an eye out for any updates. If any has an interview soon I highly recommend reaching out to the Embassy in terms of your interview.

Refer to the image below!

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.10.39 PM.png

Thanks for posting! Curious, do you have an interview scheduled currently?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jmeleecur said:

Thanks for posting! Curious, do you have an interview scheduled currently?

No I don't, my case just left NVC. But I know there is a couple on here who has an interview on the 30th of this month. If by May (which is our estimate for the interview date) the situation hasn't died down and the consulate is still closed my fiance will postpone it. How about you? Any interview soon?

tKAvm5.png

Timeline

Hopefully you get your interview letter soon!

I'll be curious to see how the scheduled interview for the other couple pans out at the end of this month. 

We're going into week 6 waiting at NVC, should hopefully hear something in the coming weeks🤞

Never expected something like this to possibly hang up the whole process any further, that's for sure💁

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

Hopefully you get your interview letter soon!

I'll be curious to see how the scheduled interview for the other couple pans out at the end of this month. 

We're going into week 6 waiting at NVC, should hopefully hear something in the coming weeks🤞

Never expected something like this to possibly hang up the whole process any further, that's for sure💁

I hope so too! If anything they might hold off on scheduling interviews for a while to stay on the safe side until cases begin to decrease. Idk about other couples, but chances are they will be pushed back. Unless they will only accept people who are being interviewed at the consulate and no one else.

Good luck to you guys! Pretty cool seeing your i-130 get approved so quickly!

tKAvm5.png

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On 9/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, TamTom said:

Hey guys,

any news about your interviews? 

Thanks

The embassy just started limited services only. It'll probably be a while, plus there aren't any flight leaving Algeria only emergency services. 

tKAvm5.png

Timeline
23 hours ago, Kidayi said:

The embassy just started limited services only. It'll probably be a while, plus there aren't any flight leaving Algeria only emergency services. 

Thanks for your feedback.

I was hoping hearing some good news from the people that were DQ before the pandemic.

Good luck to everyone, Stay strong 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.