SaraO

Issues moving due to Coronavirus

53 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SaraO said:

Sir, we all had travel arrangements already done, that due to Covid-19 were affected, it isn’t that we left this til last moment. My country has been shut down since beginning of March and more than 70 countries have travel ban on my country. It’s to easy to talk when you don’t know anything. I didn’t chose to have a pandemic virus affecting the whole world. 

me too SaraO, all booked and ready to go....until a travel ban saying we can't leave the country. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Same situation here. I’m from Spain. Had my flight for April 23rd. Had my visa issued in January and my visa expires June 25th. Decided to fly later due to my job. I have no idea what’s gonna happen. All I’m asking is to get my visa extended although I’m considering flying to a different country for 2 weeks and then enter the US from there, as I’m reading that I would have to start the K-1 process all over again if it expires? I entirely refuse to do so.

How’s everyone here doing? Did anyone else get answers about getting their visas extended? I emailed the US embassy in Madrid twice and got no response... Called USCIS and DHS and were little to no help as they said visa extensions entirely depend on the embassy. Any sort of help or personal experiences from anyone will be appreciated. It is sort of relieving to know I’m not in this alone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ela S. said:

Same situation here. I’m from Spain. Had my flight for April 23rd. Had my visa issued in January and my visa expires June 25th. Decided to fly later due to my job. I have no idea what’s gonna happen. All I’m asking is to get my visa extended although I’m considering flying to a different country for 2 weeks and then enter the US from there, as I’m reading that I would have to start the K-1 process all over again if it expires? I entirely refuse to do so.

How’s everyone here doing? Did anyone else get answers about getting their visas extended? I emailed the US embassy in Madrid twice and got no response... Called USCIS and DHS and were little to no help as they said visa extensions entirely depend on the embassy. Any sort of help or personal experiences from anyone will be appreciated. It is sort of relieving to know I’m not in this alone.

Hola Ela, yo también soy de España, y la embajada tampoco me ha contestado. Yo hice todo el proceso con un abogado y ella me ha dicho que debido a que esto es una pandemia está segura de que nos re emitirán otra visa, ya que el k1 no se puede extender, eso si con medical and visa fee otra vez. Todo también depende al final de la respuesta del oficial que te haga la entrevista igual que la primera vez claramente. 
Yo también pensé en ir a otro país por 14 días el problema es que la mayoría de los países nos tienen prohibida la entrada a los españoles o necesitas visado y no creo que muchos países estén emitiendo visados. Yo en mayo volveré a contactar a la embajada, ya que ahora no tienen muchos trabajadores y probablemente por eso no contestan. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

The US embassy in my fiancé's country (Croatia) told me that if his visa expires, he would need to pay the visa fee again, get another medical exam, and the visa would be reissued. 

They also said that if the court and police clearances were more than a year old at that time, that he would have to get those again too. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, zrdn2019 said:

The US embassy in my fiancé's country (Croatia) told me that if his visa expires, he would need to pay the visa fee again, get another medical exam, and the visa would be reissued. 

They also said that if the court and police clearances were more than a year old at that time, that he would have to get those again too. 

Does that mean we would need to do the interview again?

14 hours ago, SaraO said:

Hola Ela, yo también soy de España, y la embajada tampoco me ha contestado. Yo hice todo el proceso con un abogado y ella me ha dicho que debido a que esto es una pandemia está segura de que nos re emitirán otra visa, ya que el k1 no se puede extender, eso si con medical and visa fee otra vez. Todo también depende al final de la respuesta del oficial que te haga la entrevista igual que la primera vez claramente. 
Yo también pensé en ir a otro país por 14 días el problema es que la mayoría de los países nos tienen prohibida la entrada a los españoles o necesitas visado y no creo que muchos países estén emitiendo visados. Yo en mayo volveré a contactar a la embajada, ya que ahora no tienen muchos trabajadores y probablemente por eso no contestan. 

Sara te he mandado un mensaje.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Does that mean we would need to do the interview again?

Sara te he mandado un mensaje.

No he recibido nada. Vuélvelo a enviar! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.