6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello,

I have a question about the Form I-765. I will file for employment along with the marriage-based green card petition package. I’m struggling with the “Information About Your Eligibility Category” (27) section of the I-765. I am on F-1 visa, married to a U.S. citizen. Which letter and number from "Who May File Form I-765 section of the Form I-765 Instructions” do I list? 

Thanks!

Edited by booanboi

Hello,

Is the I-765 an immediate need? If you have another type of visa granting you permission to work, then you can file the form I-765. The response to the question 27 is related to the status you had before being married to the USC.

Filing the Form I-765 is not necessary and it is not needed in case of marriage-based green card. It is important that you have your petition I-130 approved first. You will receive a conditional residence green card upon completion of the interview that comes after the NVC step.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mar and Mur said:

Hello,

Is the I-765 an immediate need? If you have another type of visa granting you permission to work, then you can file the form I-765. The response to the question 27 is related to the status you had before being married to the USC.

Filing the Form I-765 is not necessary and it is not needed in case of marriage-based green card. It is important that you have your petition I-130 approved first. You will receive a conditional residence green card upon completion of the interview that comes after the NVC step.

Thank you, Mar and Mur! My F-1 expires in June 2020, and I was planning to file for I-765 at the same time when filing for I-130. 

Edited by booanboi

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mar and Mur said:

Hello,

You are confused because the OP is asking an adjustment of status question in a spouse visa forum.  They are adjusting status from a student visa, not starting a visa process.  Somebody will be around to move the topic to the correct forum soon, but the answer C 9 is correct.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOD from Work, Student and tourist Visas, from IR1/CR1 P&P - the OP is AOS'ing form student visa.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.