Hajar & Otman

Feeling stressed after Interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So my husband had his first interview with the consulate of Morocco in December 2019 and he said everything went well they gave him an a green approval paper with instructions on it n how to retrieve his passport after . Then as he left the interview and was on his way home he received a call from a man stating they needed to further investigate his Visa application and he will be notified within a few days . They never explained why, then January comes around we still hear nothing so we sent a email to consulate. His email was responded to right away and someone called from consulate saying for my husband to come right away to the embassy for a second interview and also asked if I can attend with only a two day notice. My husband told him it was Impossible for me to be there since I am in America and have to work. They performed the interview which I should add on my birthday Jan 30th which my husband informed them it was. He said they asked him hours of questions and that this interview was way more intense then the first he said he felt like he was on trial for a crime and everytime he answered a question is like they didn't want to believe his answers . They concluded the I review with asking him for our photos and conversations which I dont understand why they didn't take this in the first interview because he had it ready and available then. Anyway we still haven't heard anything yet of the outcome from the 2nd interview and I think that this is ridiculous and its literally stressing me to the point where I'm suffering from anxiety and depression so please people dont let these consulates play with you lives when you go to the interview own it show them everything even if they dont ask because they don't care about your life they will delay you from being with your loved one.... Inshaallah this helps someone and God bless you on your journey ❤

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Second interviews are not the norm.  It sounds like they either found something which they want to make sure you are aware of...or they have concerns about the bona fide nature of the relationship.  Hopefully, they will resolve this issue soon and issue the visa.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Was he able to get them your proofs eventually to look at? Do you have a big age difference?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline
10 hours ago, Golden Gate said:

Was he able to get them your proofs eventually to look at? Do you have a big age difference?

Yes they took all the proof during the second interview and we have a 9 year age difference 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hajar & Otman said:

Yes they took all the proof during the second interview and we have a 9 year age difference 

Are you older than your husband? I would keep an eye on the CEAC status.......when it changes to "Issued", the visa has been approved.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Are you older than your husband? I would keep an eye on the CEAC status.......when it changes to "Issued", the visa has been approved.

Yes we checked today it said the case was updated today but it doesn't say what it updated too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline

I have experienced the similar issues.  My wife had her first interview in November 2018. I went in her country to see what's going on with my case. They have requested a second interview for both of us.  When the interview was over they gave us a white sheet saying that we should send them pictures but we had in our hands. The CO refused and said we should send them to their. Till now we have not gotten any response yet. When I logged into the ceac website it says refused. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are going through the same thing. my fiance had her interview in the casablanca us consulate in January. She was approved. That same day, they called her saying she is missing a document. She sent it through aramex. Until now she still did not receive her passport and visa. When looking at the CEAC website, it still says "ready", which has been saying that since before her interview. At least you got an email. We didnt get anything. We are being kept in the dark.

Timeline
On 3/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, Lucky Cat said:

Second interviews are not the norm.  It sounds like they either found something which they want to make sure you are aware of...or they have concerns about the bona fide nature of the relationship.  Hopefully, they will resolve this issue soon and issue the visa.

they seem to be doing this a lot in Morocco now and are asking for spouse to attend /so it does seem to now be the norm there

Timeline

9 year age difference is not a big issue here

you are in AP just like everyone now goes thru 

Did they ask for the ds 5540 to be filled out?

has he traveled or worked out of Morocco?

going to assume from the names you are of the same religion

but are you of child bearing age?

don't answer me but these are the issues important in Casa

Timeline

OH WOW I'm sorry to hear that but as we know right now with all this virus stuff going on only God how long this process will be

Timeline
11 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

9 year age difference is not a big issue here

you are in AP just like everyone now goes thru 

Did they ask for the ds 5540 to be filled out?

has he traveled or worked out of Morocco?

going to assume from the names you are of the same religion

but are you of child bearing age?

don't answer me but these are the issues important in Casa

No they did not ask for a ds5540 no my husband never traveled anywhere and yes we are Muslim I'm a convert and yes I'm of childbearing age

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.