39 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2020 at 11:47 AM, SusnOwen said:

Congrats!  Can you fill in your timeline please?  It helps the rest of us to know what visa you applied for and your dates

Just filled out!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update. We had our interview last week and received our green card in the mail 3 days later! We had sent in our application at the end of March. My partner had been living in the US on a student visa (OPT). We also moved from the DC area to MA during our application, where our final interview was. We were surprised by how quickly this went. Hope everyone else has a quick process too!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So here's a weird thing. My husband did his biometrics on August 12, and on September 12 he received his combo card. It does say it's for both work authorization and can serve as a travel document on the card.

Today, we got a letter in the mail. I was excited, thinking it might be an interview date. Instead it's a biometrics appointment for November 12, specifically for the I-131 travel document. ???

When he received the first biometrics notification it did say it was specifically for I-765 and I-485, but then he got the combo card so I assumed I-131 was rolled into that. Is that normal? I haven't heard about someone having a second biometrics appointment once they already got the combo card...

AOS from FI Visa: 

Mailed March 4, 2020
Received March 7, 2020
Received NOAs March 18, 2020

I-797C received July 31, 2020 

Biometrics August 12, 2020

"Ready to be scheduled for interview" August 18, 2020

EAD and AP Approved, EAD card being proceed  September 2, 2020

Combo Card received September 12, 2020

Scheduled for interview October 26, 2020

Interview date November 19, 2020 

AOS Approved at Interview November 19, 2020

Green card received November 28, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Same thing happened to my husband.   We got the card about a month ago and we got the letter yesterday.   I was going to have him call USCIS to see what they say.

Timeline

So, he hasn't called yet about the extra biometrics appointment (has anyone else learned anything new?) but we got the interview letter today! November 19. Hope that bodes well for others' timelines as well...

AOS from FI Visa: 

Mailed March 4, 2020
Received March 7, 2020

Timeline

Sorry to doublepost, but @semurph1 and @AandS have either of you had any luck figuring out the extra biometrics appointment?

AOS from FI Visa: 

Mailed March 4, 2020
Received March 7, 2020

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We got the greencard approved today! Interview was easy and low-key and eventually concluded with the guy saying "Okay, you're totally married. I think we're done here." I will post the review/recap of the Boston office.

Also, several other people had the experience of being summoned for a second biometrics appointment. My husband went back in and this time they only scanned one finger, so he wondered if something was messed up with the scan the first time.

AOS from FI Visa: 

Mailed March 4, 2020
Received March 7, 2020

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My husband came on the K-1 visa.  We got married and did the adjustment of status on March 2020.  He got his work authorization and travel authorization Sept 2020.  We had the interview on Feb 3, 2021.  The interview girl said we passed but the application has to be reviewed because of his vaccination records.  When I check the status online it still says waiting for review.  We try to call the USCIS number and we cannot get through.  His work authorization expires Sept 2021 so I don’t know at what point I should apply for an extension. Things to be taking waaaaaaay longer than even before COVID. ☹️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.