22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, K.Claw said:

Oh, I bet it's nerve wracking - guess that's why it's taken us all this time to even send the i-130 in. 😂 Just want everything to be alright from start. What did you attach to the i-130 as proof of a "bona fide relationsship"? We're working with a long timeline of photos and passport stamps, backuped by flight tickets and email conversations. And we have been living together for the past four years, so I would hope that would do.

I did print out the i-130A and will write phone number and blanks by hand. Seems like the best way to go as you said. Yes, I have settled with sending the Swedish "Extract of Population Registry" in English and Swedish with stamps and signatures. Hope that will suffice. Certainly seems easier to have an American marriage certificate, it's so funny how all Swedish "official ceritfications" are just bundled up in this one long document.

Regarding why so many Swedes apply for the K1... I would assume it's because a lot of Swedes just don't get married. In Sweden you can live together as "sambo" , and it's considered just as valid as being married here - although internationally it certainly is easier to prove a connection being married. But that's just my own theory 🙃

Are you doing your I-130 by mail also? We did ours by mail but we did send ours in 2018 and I've seen here on the forums a lot are doing the online process now its interesting everything is online lately. For "bona fide relationship" evidence we used our lease agreement with both our names on it and had to get it certified translated into English, I can recommend you a good website to use if you like? We also used pictures of us together through the years, photos of our kids, copies of our kids American Birth Certificates, Copy of our American Marriage Certificate, I also go sworn affidavits from people who knew us while we were dating and who were at our wedding and have been in touch with us throughout the years who signed and dated a sworn affidavit saying our marriage we legit and real. If you need any advice on putting the I-130 packet together dont hesitate to ask Ill do my best to help :) 

Oh I know I found that so weird how Sweden doesnt have any "official" documents like Birth Certificates or anything its funny. And I think your right about the K-1 thing ive never thought about that the cultures are so very different I never knew till I moved here how much. 

How did you meet your Swede if I may ask? I always get asked this question when people find out I married a Swede lol 

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

• 9 months later...

some recent appointments? we got DQ on the 3rd of October and still nothing. I have seen people who got dq weeks before already received appointment

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 11:15 PM, isamanda said:

some recent appointments? we got DQ on the 3rd of October and still nothing. I have seen people who got dq weeks before already received appointment

We were DQ'd on the same day and we have not heard anything yet.  Have you had any update?  I assume with the Embassy shut down for renovations we won't hear anything until after Feb 8th. 

It also scarred me when I saw someone else went through administrative processing after having their interview 10/9 and they were not approved for the VISA until 1/29/21.  The IRS has still not processed my 2019 tax forms.  AHH!  Is it true you cannot travel back to the U.S. during the administrative processing, right?  

NVC Left : 2020-08-20
Consulate Received : 2020-08-21
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received : 2020-08-27
Interview Date : 2020-10-09 icon13.gif Submit Review
Interview Result : Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required):

Second Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received : 2021-01-29

Actually we have been DQ'ed on the 7th my mistake I dont know why I thought its on the 3rd. We havent heard anything yet. 
Anyways, I hope you will hear something during this week or the week after they reopening the Embassy - but thats the thing I heard that they did not close the embassy for CR1/IR1 visas so lets hope we will hear something very soon!

And I dont really know if you can travel under the process I really doubt so I would not risk it to be denied entry at the border. 

I wrote to Embassy today and this message I have received :

'Dear Sir and Madam,

Although our operations are limited, we are still processing CR1 and IR1 during the renovation project.

Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit'

further :

Dear Sir and Madam,

At this time, the immigrant visa unit at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm is performing limited services for applicants subject to exceptions from the current presidential proclamations (i.e. spouse or child of a U.S. citizen). While the Embassy aims to process the cases as soon practicable, there is likely to be increased waiting times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs. We are currently scheduling IR1/CR1 cases from the National Visa Center that were documentary qualified for an interview in October 2020.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.